Protector of Fire - some studies

Taka Nuvia

protectoroffire1.jpg

protectoroffire2.jpg

Since I really need to do more (object) studies as well as practise drawing from life in general, I thought I might as well practise that with some of my Bionicle sets.

So, the first two drawings on top were done all methodically and focused. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how they turned out. The bottom one, on the other hand, was done deliberately sketchy, because I wanted to find out whether I was actually capable of doing that or whether it would turn out all awfully. (which it didn't, otherwise I'd hardly have posted it xD)

So yeah. Comments? Criticism?

• Upvote 10

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Great stuff as usual, Taka Nuvia. Proportions look good and all.

The bottom one, even if it was done less methodically, is still great. The only thing I really notice there is a weird angle or something on the flame-weapon thing in his right hand, but it's pretty minor.

Good work.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

You, Taka, are becoming an incredible artist. I may have to request something someday.

Becoming? She's been one for years! :P

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I think it looks like the set, but I'm not the best judge of that seeing as I don't have the set.

Well it hopefully does. But thanks nonetheless. :]

Great stuff as usual, Taka Nuvia. Proportions look good and all.

The bottom one, even if it was done less methodically, is still great. The only thing I really notice there is a weird angle or something on the flame-weapon thing in his right hand, but it's pretty minor.

Good work.

Since the weapon was the last thing I added it is very well possible that the angle is a little bit off. As said, I need more practise with drawing from life, so this sort of things will hopefully improve at some point along the way.

Thanks! :)

You, Taka, are becoming an incredible artist. I may have to request something someday.

Becoming? She's been one for years! :P

You are both too kind. :3

Awesome drawings! They're extremely accurate to the set. Is this in colored pencil or pen? If it's pen, you deserve even more accolades, since I know I'd be making mistakes all over the place with a pen sketch this detailed. Amazing work!

These are indeed in pen, mainly because this way I am required to work in a more focused way. (plus I simply love the line quality, which usually turns out a lot less soft/round-ish than my coloured pencil works)

Thank you so much. :)

• Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)