Why Did the Makuta Fight the Toa Nuva?

Hello everyone, it has been a little while since I've really been active here on BZPower, but this question has been nagging at me and I thought I'd finally take advantage of my resources.

So, if Teridax was set up to be in control of the GSR, why did the Makuta in Karda Nui bother fighting the Toa at all?

Thanks in advance!

"It's a trap!"

he wanted to exterminate the other six makuta, so he pretended there was a threat in the core, sent the Makuta in, let the Nuva win, rebooted the robot and fried all six of them. :u

The reverse psychology didn't hurt either. The Brotherhood of Makuta's actions distracted the Toa Nuva from realizing that Teridax was playing all of them.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

"It's a trap!"

he wanted to exterminate the other six makuta, so he pretended there was a threat in the core, sent the Makuta in, let the Nuva win, rebooted the robot and fried all six of them. :u

I remember that Teridax wanted to eliminate the other Makuta, but a pretend threat is new to me, what was it?

The reason Antroz and co. thought they were being sent to the Core was to turn all the Av-Matoran into Shadow Matoran, therefore preventing any more Toa of Light from being created. I only just now realized the entire thing was a ploy to get them in the Core at the right time.
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I remember that Teridax wanted to eliminate the other Makuta, but a pretend threat is new to me, what was it?

The reason Antroz and co. thought they were being sent to the Core was to turn all the Av-Matoran into Shadow Matoran, therefore preventing any more Toa of Light from being created. I only just now realized the entire thing was a ploy to get them in the Core at the right time.

I think he legitimately wanted the the Av-Matoran converted into Shadow Matoran.  The fact that he sent the Makuta who were potential threats on that mission knowing they would die was an added bonus.

He probably would have used Great Spirit powers to eliminate them afterwards if the energy storms weren't a thing.  

Makuta Teridax used the Toa Mata/Toa Nuva and Toa Inika/ Toa Mahri as pawn they were his most valuable assists.

1. He put Mata Nui into a comma
  2. He knew that a team of toa where met to waken him the Toa Mata aka Toa Nova.
  3. When toa and others left from Metru Nui and landed on Mata Nui Makuta, Teridax harassed the Matoran and Turaga until they called the Toa Mata to the island.
  4. The battle that happened on the island of Mata Nui was in fact a plan to get the Matoran and Turaga back on Metru Nui, because the city was important to the functioning of the Great Robot and that’s why he wanted to originally brain wash the Matoran with the pods he put them in.
  5. He knew the toa would defeat him and that he would become antidermis and that he need to get the mask of life in the hands of the toa and the staff of artakha was need to fix all the damage that he had done to the great robot. He also need to be antidermis to take over the Great Robot.
  6. He need toa to use the mask of life that’s why he help Matoro.
  7. He need the toa to do their thing in the core and wake up Mata Nui so he could take over the Great Robot and the storm would destroy all other Makuta leave him unopposed.
Edited by tourmalinex
  • Upvote 1

Some of the answers have already been mentioned, but there's another that hasn't been covered. I'll go over it all, just for convenience.

1. To convert Av-Matoran to prevent future Toa of Light.

2. To set up those 8 makuta for their ultimate deaths, as they could pose a threat to his Great Spirit-ship.

3. Lyichir's comment is close enough that I'll let it slide. Using the other BoM members to distract the Toa Nuva from the truth

4. AND, the one everybody missed: Teridax wanted the other Makuta to keep the Nuva busy long enough for him to finalize things according to his plan. With Teridax, everything came down to proper timing, and he didn't want the robot awoken too early or too late. 

And that should be all of it. :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Makuta Terridax put the Mata Nui robot into a coma. If he took over the robot too soon Mata Nui may be able to fight back. The six Makuta sent to fight the Nuva in Karda Nui were the best Makuta, aside from himself. So, he convinced them to delay the Toa, but not to kill them. They didn't realize, though, that once the Mata Nui robot was awake Karda Nui would be incinerated by the energy storms. And that got rid of the Makuta who may have been able to stop him.

~Xeo~

"Cuz I'm evil."

~The Flash pretending to be Lex Luthor, or perhaps explaining why Teridax does almost everything he does.

A joke, I know, but I see it as Makuta Teridax having some sort of a savior complex that was fueled by his jealousy, rather than just doing stuff because he's 'bad'. As symbology in his personal struggle against what he saw as a neglectful tyrant that everybody blindly gives credit without merit, he becomes the opposite of Mata Nui: Mata Nui stood for light, so he turned to darkness (knowing full well that a shadow is only cast by light, and once this 'corrupted light was removed there would only be darkness). Mata Nui neglected his domain, so Makuta Teridax became very closely involved with the universe. He saw the matoran as brainwashed and sought to refresh their minds from the corruption brought about by their creator so that they would be willing to accept what he saw as the truth (messed up but serves as the greater good in a corrupted mental state such as that) when he assumed control of his enemy's throne and former-brother. For him, the ends justified the means, but as we aren't in such a state of mental corruption (hopefully) we can recognize that he was a monster, and a monster without cause once Mata Nui under went redemption and self-discovery. Upon seeing Mata Nui reborn he sought to reestablish brotherhood with Mata Nui on his terms, and when denied he sought to finally destroy his enemy.

I've said this before, but I wonder if as as he was dieing Makuta Teridax realized the monster he had become.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

He may have tried to justify it like Lex Luthor does, saying that if it weren't for Superman, he could've been the savior of humanity. But, also like Luthor, it's just rationalization. Ultimately they're just selfish and evil.

Exactly. (Sweet another DC Comics fan)

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Teridax wanted to eliminate all the other Makuta. Whether or not the six got eliminated in the energy storm was not very important, as he would kill them later anyway.

Plus I think that LEGO giving the impression that up until the very end Teridax was a brilliant mastermind is the main reason for it all.

Makuta Terridax put the Mata Nui robot into a coma. If he took over the robot too soon Mata Nui may be able to fight back. The six Makuta sent to fight the Nuva in Karda Nui were the best Makuta, aside from himself. So, he convinced them to delay the Toa, but not to kill them. They didn't realize, though, that once the Mata Nui robot was awake Karda Nui would be incinerated by the energy storms. And that got rid of the Makuta who may have been able to stop him.

One thing wrong with this-

Teridax could only take over in the few minutes between Mata Nui's death and Matoro using the Ignika, since before that Mata Nui's spirit had been occupying the GSR- when he died, his spirit left, leaving the vacuum for Teridax to enter, and so when Matoro resurrected Mata Nui his spirit had nowhere to go and was therefore stuffed into the Ignika at the end of 2008. It was a matter of ability, not one of Mata Nui's strength.

VBWj75sh.png

Okay, this is really good! So, Teridax sent the other Makuta to Karda Nui telling them that they were to change the Light matoran into Shadow matoran so that there could be no more Toa of Light. But of course, the real intent was to eliminate the competition; e.g. the other Makuta. That right?

However, did any of the Makuta besides Icarax know about the doomsday countdown?