LEGO Dimensions Update Press Release

2015-11-04_Doctor_Who_teaser.jpg

We shared some news earlier today about the release of new LEGO Dimensions packs based on Doctor Who, Ninjago, The Simpsons, and The LEGO Movie, but now we have the full press release with more information. In addition to the packs, the team has added a Hire-A-Hero feature to allow you to call characters from the first wave of packs into your game temporarily to help you out with solving puzzles. Read on for screenshots from the Doctor Who content and the full details.

View the full article

If I'm understanding this correctly, does the "Hire-a-Hero" feature mean that I can use any character (only from Wave 1, for now) to get past obstacles to reach bonus areas (such as Emmet's drill or Benny's hacking) without needing to actually purchase those characters? If that's true, then it might eventually be possible to achieve 100% game completion without needing to purchase anything beyond the starter pack. (Wishful thinking on my part, considering that I don't have this game or even a proper gaming system for it, but I'm curious and just wanted to ask.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

If I'm understanding this correctly, does the "Hire-a-Hero" feature mean that I can use any character (only from Wave 1, for now) to get past obstacles to reach bonus areas (such as Emmet's drill or Benny's hacking) without needing to actually purchase those characters? If that's true, then it might eventually be possible to achieve 100% game completion without needing to purchase anything beyond the starter pack. (Wishful thinking on my part, considering that I don't have this game or even a proper gaming system for it, but I'm curious and just wanted to ask.)

Not all characters from Wave 1 are available, but for those that are, what you stated is correct.