Rahi of Mana-Nuva

Alto Magna

Mana-Nuva. An island far to the south within the Matoran Universe, remote, peaceful. Home to Matoran of all diversity, home to Turaga elders to guide them, yet home to no Toa, for they lacked the fierce beasts of air, sea, and land to threaten them... until the coming of shadow unto their island paradise.

Le-Mana Silver nosed mole

These moody moles burrow in and around the trees of Le-Mana searching for dermis grubs. They have acute night-vision and tend to forage when the sun is down, and flee from bright light or fire.

3zRWrhLl.jpg

Le/Ga-Mana Kingfisher

These large bird Rahi soar between Le-Mana for nesting grounds and Ga-Mana for hunting. They have been known to snatch Ga-Matoran from the waves and haul them away in lieu of fish.

Wdd3Ooel.jpg

Ga/Ko-Mana Frostbait Piranha

These cold-blooded piranhas began swimming into Ga-Mana and working their way inward to the cold shores and icy lakes of Ko-Mana weeks ago, alerting the Turaga's of Water and Ice that something foul was taking place within their island.

VmDlF0Gl.jpg

Onu-Mana Manas Crabs Jr.

The peace of Onu-mana was disrupted by the sudden arrival of Manas crabs in great numbers. All who know the lore know that Manas are favored by the Brotherhood of Makuta, and the Turaga of Earth hastened to call a meeting with his brethren to prepare...

X18f3CWl.jpg

Ta-Mana Daimyoshii

These reclusive noble Rahi tend to act as aloof rulers, settling to an outcropping of land and hording its resources against all who might seek them out. They are intelligent enough to bargain and banter with, but prove irksome and risk a stab of the plasma stick. Their milky-white eyes can see well in the darkness of night and shadow alike.

AR37Dswl.jpg

Ta-Mana Nivahk

Unlike the other rahi who began invading Mana Nuva in recent weeks, the Ta-Mana Nivawk is a divergent breed of the traditional Nivawk who favor the scorching currents found around the volcanic domain and have been known to hunt the Protodermis Beetles with a vengeance. They tolerate the presence of Matoran but will not suffer to be ridden.

9jeE5gQl.jpg

Invasion Skakdi Ogres

These pot-bellied servants of the Ogre King, Morsus, may not appear very intimidating with their stumpy legs and lack of upper arms, but the masks grown into their flesh are capable of conveying Konohi powers, and they have adapted to a fierce kicking and gnashing martial art that would turn back most Rahi seeking to make a snack of them. They were imported to Mana Nuva from the cursed land of Aegr-ka where Morsus rules supreme, like many of the non-native Rahi.

JgjfaZTl.jpg

• Upvote 6

Outstanding creativity. I love the diversity of all the different critters too.

Thank you very much! A lot of my MOC's come from simply seeing a few parts and trying to fit them together. My latest route is trying to build a line that incorporate the Toa Inika masks, of which the Frostbait and Manas Crab are examples.

They all have unique builds, and they look great.  There's a rubber band on the back of the Manas crab, does it have some sort of function?

Thank you very much! The rubber band is a work-around, a back-up to be sure the body held tightly. As it is the Toa Metru foot is a little precariously balanced.

• Upvote 1

Nice work! :) What a cool combination of new Rahi and characteristics that we're already familiar with.

My favorites are the mini Manas and the Ko-Mana fish. The idea of a fish that is found in the ice village is cool (literally!) and I really like the look of it with the fins and all. I also think it's cool that you used two Kanohi on the mini Manas; with their Ussal crab-esque eyes, they are a believable version of little Manas!

Great work and thanks for posting! :)

• Upvote 1

Looks nice, Is the ogre king a MOC that is already shared?

Thank you. And yep, the ogre king, Morsus, has been shared, althought that is the original set of photos and build. I've since changed the arms drastically but I haven't taken photos as of now.

Great MOCs, there're so really interesting designs choices here that I would never have come up with myself, despite how seemingly simple some of these designs are!

Thank you very much!

That's some pretty excellent MOCing, there [ :P] I especially like the Mole and the Crab [:P]

Thank you very much!

Nice work! :) What a cool combination of new Rahi and characteristics that we're already familiar with.

My favorites are the mini Manas and the Ko-Mana fish. The idea of a fish that is found in the ice village is cool (literally!) and I really like the look of it with the fins and all. I also think it's cool that you used two Kanohi on the mini Manas; with their Ussal crab-esque eyes, they are a believable version of little Manas!

Great work and thanks for posting! :)

Thank you greatly!

• Upvote 1

this is awesome nice use of the Piraka heads most are usually for well humaniod mocs but this is unique to use them rahi nice work  ;)

Sorry for the late reponse, and thanks! I saw another and far more skilled MOCer than I am use the secondary Piraka masks years ago and decided to try to incorporate those masks too somehow.