LEGO Takes Two of Top Twelve Christmas Toys

The Toy Retailers Association of the UK and Ireland has released their Top Toys for Christmas 2015, and of the twelve items on the list, LEGO appears twice. While not the sets I would have imagined, the City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel and Star Wars Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle will apparently be top contenders for appearing under the Christmas tree this December. I think it's no surprise that LEGO is in high demand right now, but it's always nice to see our favorite brand be recognized. Which sets are on your wishlists this holiday?

View the full article

With as popular as Lego is these days, I'm surprised only two sets appear on this list. The Kylo Ren Command Shuttle looks really cool, so I'm not surprised it made it.

As for the Deep Sea Vessel, its not the most exciting set IMO, but I think its still cool that it made it on this list.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

With as popular as Lego is these days, I'm surprised only two sets appear on this list. The Kylo Ren Command Shuttle looks really cool, so I'm not surprised it made it.

As for the Deep Sea Vessel, its not the most exciting set IMO, but I think its still cool that it made it on this list.

If you look at their specific building toys category, LEGO takes up seven out of eleven slots, so clearly LEGO is still at the top as far as that category is concerned. I guess in the overall top 12 roster, the TRA just wanted to include at least one toy from each of the six categories. After all, building toys aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm glad to see that in the building toys category, Master Wu Dragon made the list! It's a great set with a great value — it's just $40/£35 for 575 pieces, including five minifigures and lots of rare pieces and advanced building techniques. The dragon itself has a whole 20 points of articulation. What's more, this set was designed by a BZPower member (Brickthing)!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2