November 2015 updates

Meiko

Hi guys!

I've made a couple major updates to BS01 so far this month that I'd like the bring to everyone's attention.

First of all, and most-noticeably, there's now a live chatroom on the wiki! 

Wvk7CoU.png?1

This can be accessed at http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Chat by any logged in user. It is moderated but allows for you to discuss the wiki, Bionicle, LEGO in general, or really anything. You can private message other users as well. Emoticons are slowly but surely being added but be sure to check it out!

The other update has to do with anti-spam. I've gone ahead and set up several anti-spam filters, visible at http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AbuseFilter, all of which were copied or derived from Brickipedia. So far they've proven themselves quite successful, as I allowed some spambots in to test the filters out and they prevented several hundred spam actions in the first day. Since finalizing the new anti-spam methods for BS01, there hasn't been a single spambot. :D

Feel free to let us know what you think of these updates and don't hesitate to ask questions!

• Upvote 5

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm not too pleased with the addition of a chat room, there is practically no activity on the wiki anymore asides from people going to visit, steal pictures or the admins cleaning up a few things. I see it as an unnecessary cost on the server.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm not too pleased with the addition of a chat room, there is practically no activity on the wiki anymore asides from people going to visit, steal pictures or the admins cleaning up a few things. I see it as an unnecessary cost on the server.

It's not any stress on the server really. Just a place members can go which has actually stimulated activity a bit since it was added. We've seen a handful of new users join since publicizing the chat feature, and some new users editing articles as well and getting to know the site's policies and style guidelines.

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.