Commissioner Gordon Cast in Batman Movie

Deadline has the exclusive scoop that the voice behind Commissioner Gordon in the upcoming LEGO Batman Movie has been decided on. It's none other than Mariah Carey, a choice that I'm sure few people saw coming, considering Jim Gordon has, up until now, always been portrayed as a man (according to Wikipedia, at least - I don't claim to be an expert). I'm intrigued to see how this will work out, and look forward to more information about the film.

View the full article

Deadline did a great job at screwing up their "exclusive scoop", since Carey is voicing Gotham's mayor.

Source please.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Not the first character I would have chosen to make female-

I guess Gary Oldman just sort of burned a mustache onto my mental image of the commissioner.

Gender aside, Warner Bros. really isn't skimping on the voice actors this time. I really didn't expect this film to be taken as seriously as the Lego movie, but I suppose it's happening...

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.

Deadline did a great job at screwing up their "exclusive scoop", since Carey is voicing Gotham's mayor.

Source please.

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/663790757900226560

I saw that tweet too. I guess Gordon won't be singing a Marah Carey song after all.

But I'm going to bet the Mayor will. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Perhaps she will be voicing Mayor Barbara Gordon? 

We already know that Batgirl/Barbara Gordon will be played by Rosario Dawson, so that sorta rules that out.

I've corrected the news story. Truth be told, Deadline's story seemed kinda dubious to me in terms of its lack of detail, which is part of why I didn't report on it when I first saw the news this morning.

Edited by Aanchir

We already know that Batman/Barbara Gordon will be played by Rosario Dawson, so that sorta rules that out.

I've corrected the news story. Truth be told, Deadline's story seemed kinda dubious to me in terms of its lack of detail, which is part of why I didn't report on it when I first saw the news this morning.

Maybe you need to correct the "Batman/Barbara Gordon" phrase in your post, too? :P

Honestly, dozens of websites messed up here. It's not your fault. Has Deadline even corrected the original article?

We already know that Batman/Barbara Gordon will be played by Rosario Dawson, so that sorta rules that out.

Maybe you need to correct the "Batman/Barbara Gordon" phrase in your post, too? :P

Honestly, dozens of websites messed up here. It's not your fault. Has Deadline even corrected the original article?

D'oh! Fixed. :P

No, the Deadline article does not appear to have been corrected...