what are your top ten worst sets

bohrokman

10. Gelu and Ackar, for being hahli/jaller/kongu inika, they get points tho for at least having nice color schemes.

9. Agori, all of them (except zesk)

8. av-matoran, slightly more heinous than the agori,

7. Metru-toran are all a step worse than av-matoran, (these can take up a slot for being waves that share an identical build, right?)

6. Makuta gorast, who would be fine if she wasn't so flat and didn't mess up her posability six-ways-to-friday.

5. Roodaka, for improper use of a climbing claw AND trying to sell kids a sexy assassin lady with a lizard face.

4. the fenrakk portion of V&F, who thought that was a good idea? (vezon was neat tho.)

3. Ultimate Dume, good idea as a combiner but buying it for the combo-model would be a mistake.

2. The Baranus V-whatever, the vehicle is a weird shape and the chain to spikit looks and feels awkward.

1. Titan Mata Nui, seriously, the worst ever.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

10. 2008 Matoran (I don't mind the new matoran build, but when those limb sockets break, you can't replace the limbs without buying a new set)

9. Gorast (for having the new one-piece limbs even though she wasn't a small set)

8. Mistika Gali and Onua (for lacking weapons besides their ghostblasters)

7. Hydruka (they were neat, but I would have preferred to have more Mahri matoran---they were my favorite matoran build)

6. Turaga Dume and Nivawk (Why does the Turaga look just like a matoran? And Nivawk is just too skinny)

5. Mutran and Vican (Couldn't they have new molds for their masks?  The designers could have reused Antroz's or Reidak's mask for Vultraz, but he had a unique mold.  In fact, Antroz got a new mask entirely in the Jetrax.)

4. Toa Mata Nui (for his awkward build---seriously, they should have used more influence from the 2008 Takanuva, but at least we get the golden Ignika)

3. Kazi (I love the voyatorian for their unique builds, but WHERE IS HIS HEAD?!)

2.  2007 Playsets (for having incorrect head molds for the minifigures.  For example, the Nuparu figure uses Hahli's head mold even though Matoro and Kongu use head molds that LOOK EXACTLY LIKE Mahri Nuparu's mask.  The 2006 playsets had the right head for every minifigure.)

1. Bionicle Stars (for being a disappointing end to the line; they could have used regular sized builds and taken some more characters from different years.  It would have been nice to have a final Teridax set or a barraki or a vahki.  The Stars only represent the years 2001, 2003, 2006, and 2009.)

Edited by FolkUkulele

6. Fenrakk, this thing is terribly balanced with rear legs that do a very poor job at supporting the rear body area, and Vezon does not have a sturdy foothold his knees and hips are not good for posing him in any poses, they can be ruined if Fenrakk flops down sideways or backwards in just a few minutes after posing

5. 2008 The entire year, the mistika are the Big Gruesome Triplets of the year for infinite ammount of reasons with the Phantoka close behind the mistika. However Takanuva, The 8 Kardakuta's, Toa Ignika and the vehicles were great (the worst part of the years such as the "Scope is on the wrong side Akaku" "Hau Nuva is not a ninja knight "Onua's Pakari pretending to be "False Kraahkan" and Gali's Waffleyed Bunny-Diver Kaukau)

4. Gadunka, what a waste of a character slot for 2007

3. Karzahni this guy just makes no sense with his Olisi mask was mutated into a Praying Mantis face with a griwing rear protrusion (2007)

Hewkii Mahri... lack of right fist and too many weapon ideas all over his body

2. 2008 Karda-Nui... overpriced big parts used to create matoran at the cost of very limited poseablity

1. Bohrok Kal...nuff said.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

There aren't many Bionicles I have that I hate, and certainly not enough to make a top ten.

Instead, I'll make a top 4 rated from bad to worst.

4. Barraki Ehlek. I loved the colours, spine, mask, and claws. The rest of the design was terrible, and somehow he managed to be my only Bionicle to ever break.

3.Phantoka Lewa. Only reason I bought him was because of his swords...and because he's Toa Lewa.

2. All Matoran I own. Seriously, I'm not sure why I purchased any of them.

1. Mistika Tahu. A thoroughly terrible set. Only really bought him so I could say I had Tahu. Wish I never got him, tbh.

67685335.jpg             

Well, I'm gonna have to take up the first six slots with the Bionicle Stars sets because seriously, screw those things. For the rest...actually, no, the Stars automatically override any hate I might have for other sets. They're just that terrible.

• Upvote 2

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I could only think of a top five, because I like a good majority of my sets.

5. Gali Mistika/Onua Mistika: Horrible looking, and nothing like their original incarnations.

4. Turaga Dume: Not a fan of this set very much, and Nivawk looked terrible compared to its movie self. 

3. The 2008 Matoran: Very bland builds, and not worth the price they sold for.

2. Kiina: Awkward proportions, and looked really silly as a set.

1. The Bionicle Stars: Don't regret selling these off.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 3 weeks later...

not doing 10 but:

- all rahaga (maybe if they all had toa forms we couldve come to an understanding)

- nivawk (wiings ; flexibility ; maturaga ?)

-ultimate dume

- kardas dragon ("hey lets take fenrakk's entire head and slap it on this beauty ! jeenyus !)

- roodaka (and her revamps lol)

- krika (looks incomplete ; looks like something i'd build in the 6th grade)

- all glatorian , agori , their titans , and legends besides Tarix and Snowball

- skopinikipinikino xv-1 (maybe if it wasn't potrayed as "alive" in the movie....)

- all stars (excluding takanuva . why ? 15 dollar Avohkii !!!! I think)

and I hate to say it but you guys have horrible top tens lol

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

• 1 month later...

Fenrakk

Tahu Mistika

Collectively, the Hordika for being 100% identical and ugly besides

Any set with lime green joints

Malum, his feet didn't work

The Exo-Toa for taking a brilliant idea (POWER ARMOR GIANT ROBOT!) and ruining it.

Chirox, his arms didn't work

The non-matoran small sets in 2007, for having a dumb build

The Piraka, for being 100% identical and ugly besides

Nuparu Mahri, for only having a dumb shield that didn't even work right.

"Let me guess: my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Hmmm well, I joined the whole Bionicle thing pretty late (the Phantoka series) but I guess Stars (for just giving us lame versions of previous characters) and some of the Rahi (look terrible). Not to mention older titans like Rhoadaka, Keetongu and Sidorak. Ugh.

Edited by ChaosMarin

k4dyNA9.jpg?1

OPEN WORLD 3D GAME SET ON SPHERUS MAGNA AFTER THE END OF G1

The Toa Hordika. Clones clones clones clones. Their Metru counterparts were at least more varied.

Pohatu Nuva. He was awkwardly fat.

Pretty much all of 2007 sets with a few exceptions (Kalmah, Carapar, the matoran, Karzahni, Maxilos, Jaller, Hahli, Nocturn)

The Stars would have looked fine if there was more variety, or if there were more of them.

It's strange to have not yet seen someone say Umbra. I won't be the one, though. I loved the guy.

And I want to say this: I actually like the Bohrok-Kal.

Edited by El-P

The Toa Hordika. Clones clones clones clones. Their Metru counterparts were at least more varied.

Pohatu Nuva. He was awkwardly fat.

Pretty much all of 2007 sets with a few exceptions (Kalmah, Carapar, the matoran, Karzahni, Maxilos, Jaller, Hahli, Nocturn)

The Stars would have looked fine if there was more variety, or if there were more of them.

It's strange to have not yet seen someone say Umbra. I won't be the one, though. I loved the guy.

And I want to say this: I actually like the Bohrok-Kal.

I actually love pohatu nova for being unique.

My top 5 is

1. good guy/ bad guy sets

2.  The stars piraka

3. Pewku, Takua is good

4. krekka 

5.solek

Honestly? Just when it comes to what you get out of the box and completely removing the time periods and nostalgia, all of the Toa Nuva and then following is the 2001 toa. Both of these waves had terrible articulation, a very boring build, a huge, clunky torso piece that is extremely specialized, and a function that doesn't work well and makes the articulation even worse (not enough friction on the gears so the arms just fall down.) The Nuva are worse than the 2001 sets in my opinion cause they're barely even an upgrade, the sets are basically the same with some silver armor tacked on and ugly masks (besides Kopaka). While many later sets were  much uglier than the 2001 sets (I actually think the 2001 sets particularly Onua and Kopaka look great)  at least they had faaar better articulation and builds and you could actually move their arms without them flopping around.

Now, if we're just purley going by looks though and nothing else, I'd say they aren't close to being on the top 10 though. 

So my top 10 (or 12 I guess ) worst sets would be something like

1. Pohatu Nuva

2. Onua Nuva

3. Tahu Nuva

4. Lewa Nuva

5. Gali Nuva 

6. Kopaka Nuva (easily the best mask of the wave)

7. Pohatu Mata

8. Gali Mata

9. Lewa Mata

10. Kopaka Mata

Edited by hiddenderek

10. Ultimate Dume. Horrendous build and doesn't even remotely resemble Teridax's movie form.

9. Kongu Mahri. Because let's just give Kongu two gigantic blasters, give him a boring color scheme, stick some transparent dome on the back of his head, and give him insanely wide arms.

8. All of the Toa Hordika. Butt-ugly clones with only one elbow each.

7. Kiina. Ridiculously small torso + long limbs = bad combo.

6-4. All three of the Toa Mistika. I don't think I need to explain myself here.

3. All of the Stars, except maybe the Rahkshi.

2. All of the Rahaga. Tiny, unpose-able, and generally useless.

1. Klakk. At least it was just a Brickmaster promo.
Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Upvote 1

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I only followed G1 up until the end of Metru Nui's novelization. The last set I got was Sidorak, then my folks decided 14 was too old to be into legos and stopped getting me any for my birthday (and at 14 I didn't have a source of income to buy any.) So I was forced to quit it and always promised myself I would see how it ended. (Never actually did that though.) When I moved to college my mom threw away all of my Bionicles since I wasn't home to stop her. 

I guess what I'm trying to say there is I only know about sets prior to Sidorak. 

As for what I owned (in no particular order,) I'd say the most disappointing sets were:

• Bohrok Kal, due to being clones.
  • Makuta (Mask of Light version)
  • Vahki
  • Manas / Mana ko
  • Pohatu Mata
  • Skull Basher

I only followed G1 up until the end of Metru Nui's novelization. The last set I got was Sidorak, then my folks decided 14 was too old to be into legos and stopped getting me any for my birthday (and at 14 I didn't have a source of income to buy any.) So I was forced to quit it and always promised myself I would see how it ended. (Never actually did that though.) When I moved to college my mom threw away all of my Bionicles since I wasn't home to stop her. 

I guess what I'm trying to say there is I only know about sets prior to Sidorak.

Aww, that's sad :/ Like thrown in the trash? My mom's gotten me a Bionicle per birthday since 2001 cause she has no idea what else to get XD The G1-G2 gap was an interesting time.

I've always liked most of the Bionicle sets, so I don't dislike enough of them for a top ten. That being said, I was not a fan of the Protector of Fire. I thought his build was bland compared to the other Protectors. The 04 Matoran weren't my favorite sets either. But they had different colored masks, so I guess they had that going for them.

I can't think of any others at the moment.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Aww, that's sad :/ Like thrown in the trash? My mom's gotten me a Bionicle per birthday since 2001 cause she has no idea what else to get XD The G1-G2 gap was an interesting time.

She claims she sold them at a rummage sale as soon as I left for college. I was bummed out for a while but I got over it when I thought that some kid must be enjoying Kopaka Mata and Nuva as well as all the mocs I had at the time.

The only remnants I have of G1 are a few Vahki canisters I had quarters in and the instructions to Takanuva.

But as the above poster said, I adored almost all of my sets. Even Nui Jaga, whom I had 3 sets of (all gotten for Christmas one year.)