Month of Earth Announced on LEGO Bionicle Facebook Page

We're about a week and a half into November, which the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has now declared the Month of Earth. As usual, the announcement post features new artwork by Matt Betteker, this time with Onua as the focal point and some of his Toa teammates exploring the cavernous Region of Earth in the background. Attentive viewers might also spot one of the Toa Nuva symbols from 2002 in the scenery, an easter egg we've come to expect in these paintings. Follow the link above to check out the new artwork and celebrate the Month of Earth!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Onua looks amazing here. His purple and black color scheme looks great, just like on his set! :)

In the background, one can see Lewa and another Toa climbing up a pillar. I think the other Toa is Pohatu, since I can kind of see some brown on him, but I'm not sure myself. Regardless, I guess Lewa is proofing that he is the faster climber. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Glad to see my favorite Toa get his element featured. 

My only qualm is the dark and cold tone of the image. I wish there was something warm to break it up. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

It's nice to have a closer look at what I assume is the Region of Earth. Those slanted pillars, the muddy ground, the whole place is just so darn cool - and Onua is as well. He looks like he's made of crystals radiating with elemental energy.

I hope these paintings continue to be released next year!

IetTsFQ.png

That art style looks like the style seen in the journey to one screenshot. Journey to one concept art? 

Probably not? These are done by one of Lego's set designers, not a media person. If anything they have more in common with the concept art for other sets than they do with the Journey to One teaser.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I love these pictures! They look very awesome! Onua, one of my favorite Toa, looks epic because of his glowing purple energy on his body and his pose! I also love the background! It's interesting to learn about the Region of Earth more because of the vastness.:D

All we have left is Kopaka (probably December) and Gali (if that could happen).

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I thought Gali already happened. 

They posted that gorgeous painting of Gali before the Month of _____ thing started, so there wasn't actually a Month of Water. I wouldn't count on a Month of Water actually happening though, since there is only one month left this year.

IetTsFQ.png