I'm sure not too many people have seen my original version of Widget (On BZP, my guess would be no one). So

here is a quick look at the first version of Widget. Now that you've seen that atrocity, here is the newer and with no doubt WAY better version of him.p1110786.jpgA little backstory:I made this MOC originally for a silly little contest that had a theme. Gears. So I decided to make Widget, I updated him a few times, realized I didn't really like him much after a while, and took him apart. Then two years later (Now) I just randomly got in the mood to use all my gears again and tried making him better than before.Here are more views and poses:Side/poseBackRandomly standing on one legLooking up...?Yet another side and pose Nifty 360 spin:You Spin Me Right 'Round

Edited by InvaderZeta

This is probably the best revamp I have seen of a previous MOC. It's a very interesting style of build, with the body having a thin waste and getting bulkier at the torso. I really like the use of those Bhorok neck pieces, and he has a very solid color scheme. But how do you manage to support where he legs attach to the body with just that one joint? It looks pretty sturdy.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

This is probably the best revamp I have seen of a previous MOC. It's a very interesting style of build, with the body having a thin waste and getting bulkier at the torso. I really like the use of those Bhorok neck pieces, and he has a very solid color scheme. But how do you manage to support where he legs attach to the body with just that one joint? It looks pretty sturdy.

You mean the waist? It used to be just one joint. Then I added a Metru arm with two hand pieces on the back. It connects to the center of the back and his butt. But that small addition stopped him from falling over any which way, He can still bend at his waist though, so no downside.

You mean the waist? It used to be just one joint. Then I added a Metru arm with two hand pieces on the back. It connects to the center of the back and his butt. But that small addition stopped him from falling over any which way, He can still bend at his waist though, so no downside.
I meant the black and white connectors (that I think were first used on Nivawk) that connect the entire legs to the body.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

I meant the black and white connectors (that I think were first used on Nivawk) that connect the entire legs to the body.
Oh. I just have to find ones that hold around the ball tight. Which most should. Edited by InvaderZeta

Contrary to your belief, I do remember the original, and it was not an atrocity. :)Moving on to this... Absolutely brilliant! The legs and shoulders are the best parts. Not sure about that little "gear-diamond-ornament" around his head. It just looks a little out of place to me. The rest of him is amazing. UI especially like the double-jointed knee. Very nice use of the pistons there.Oh, and something about his head and the three visorak feet on the back reminds me of one of those Borgs (a fad of MOCs that went along with the Droyds) a few years back. Know of those? Anyway, it just has that look. That may not have been intended, but it just looks similar to me.Very nice design overall! Good job!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

the second version is much more better than the first one i think, i never see an MOC with so much and creative bohrok neck gears use on it, great job, that wheels are epic, and i also like the way u made the upper arms and legs skinny and give the lower parts bulky looking, great jobif there's anything i could remove here, it'll be those square shaped 4 bohrok neck gears you place around his head, i don't think it's necessary, other than that it's awesome, great job

Hey, I liked the first Widget! Oh well, this improved version is so much better. I love the arms, but hate that big ring connecting them to the shoulder. Maybe a smaller, more unobtrusive ring. The body looks great, and the legs are just amazing. I saw nothing wrong with the first version, but your second version totally convinced me that the first version was bleh. Great job!

Awesomeness

• 2 weeks later...

the second version is much more better than the first one i think, i never see an MOC with so much and creative bohrok neck gears use on it, great job, that wheels are epic, and i also like the way u made the upper arms and legs skinny and give the lower parts bulky looking, great jobif there's anything i could remove here, it'll be those square shaped 4 bohrok neck gears you place around his head, i don't think it's necessary, other than that it's awesome, great job

Yeah, I agree the diamond gear thing around his head look kinda off. I was trying to make it look similar to the original. Maybe it didn't belong in the first place, idk :/

I remember only checking out the spin gif, and never got a look at a single pic aside from it. I have to say that this MOC looks epic from all perspectives and I am absolutely in love with it. I think it deserves a very well-earned 10/10, because it illustrates excellence through many design aspects such as ingenuity and creativity, general look and flow, and color scheme.Keep up the good work!:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)