Terra-baxx

A curious creature who roams nomadically through the cosmos, appearing at the most fortuitous moments in history.  He always seems to teleport in precisely when a battle ends, perfectly timed to loot all of the riches left by behind in the destruction. Terra-baxx is a legendary scavenger, and as a result he has developed a reputation for possessing the rarest, most valuable treasures in the universe. His collection of artifacts goes back so many millenia, that many suspect Terra-baxx to be nearly as old as the galaxy itself.

It should be noted that while all those sharp protrusions from his body look like dangerous, lethal blades, they are actually nothing more than his ultra-advanced sensory antenna.  With those sensors pointing in virtually every direction, his suit can triangulate the tiniest of treasures under huge heaps of rubble from miles away.

Terra-baxx is one of the uglier looking creatures you'll come across out there in the void of space.  But his appearance belies his friendly, pacifist nature.  His primary purpose in life is to collect and preserve the amazing rarities that would otherwise be lost to the spoils of war.

22627280828_a8cce0ff29_z.jpg

23032106252_17b8090fc8_z.jpg

23056832511_72cd381f3e_z.jpg

22653426899_b448f4d8fe_z.jpg

23019615296_bf9e335904_z.jpg

Back shot. . .

23056831111_4a13582720_z.jpg

Edited by BlackboltJohnson
  • Upvote 10

I love all the huge, crazy thick armor with his normal limbs connecting it. It looks REALLY good! I love it, and wonder how long it took to build.

Thanks man.  I was on the fence about the upper limbs looking "wimpy" compared to the armor.  But then when I thought about the character, I realized that it really fits with what I had in mind for the backstory.  The armor is for surveillance and treasure hunting instead of combat.  So in that sense I think it works.

I started messing with the torso last night I think, but didn't finish until today.  I'd say maybe 2 or 3 hours to complete?  Something like that.

Edited by BlackboltJohnson

Great job! The color scheme of mostly silver with a little trans-blue is refreshingly simple, the details are really cool to look at, and the photography is also very well done! I also like the backstory that gives a unique MOC a unique twist. Thanks for posting this one! :)

• 2 weeks later...