First time signing on in 10 years...

Soru

So, I was randomly looking up how much old LEGO sets were going for these days, and I typed in bzpower into my browser on a nostalgic whim.  To my surprise, not only was the site still here and looking familiar, but my account username is too!  

So, engage old man voice: I was here at the beginning... When it was just 6 Toa.  The first Toa.  

I still remember seeing the original 6 Toa in LEGO magazine for the first time, and ordering Kopaka on the phone.  And yes, I still have my entire Bionicle collection in my parent's basement.  I plan on keeping them for my future kids, and telling them how much fun I had with them.  I've already had the fun of showing them to my nephew!   

Looking back at my old brickshelf account, it brought back happy memories.  Memories of jumping into a fantastic world every day after school.  Spending long hours reading the comics, making my own comics, playing MNOLG 1 and 2 (Mata Nui Online Game), and making my own creations from the sets (do you guys still call the "MOCs"?).

Looking back at this account, I was also reminded of forming this other, imaginary identity, "Soru," who never had much storyline, but was essentially myself in the Bionicle universe.  At such a crucial time in growing as a kid, this character - my online and imaginary Bionicle self - was perhaps actually somewhat important to developing aspects of my personality and imagination.  I remember feeling really at home in this online community of kids excited about the sets and storyline.  Excited about fantasy and imagination.  

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post and say hello from a Bionicle oldster.  And I won't even mention how ridiculous the last few years of Bionicle sets look.  (They don't make 'em like they used to...)

Here's to Bionicle, here's to LEGO, and here's to fun, imagination, and creation.  

soruheadsigpic.jpg

le-koro.jpg

Edited by Soru
  • Upvote 6

...and making my own creations from the sets (do you guys still call the "MOCs"?).

Oh yes, the term "MOC" is definitely still in use. That used to confuse me, since I'd look up videos of awesome Bionicle creations and think they were somehow "mocking" them... :P

Welcome back.

Edit: There is an official topic for New & Returning members.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

Well, this is definitely a rarity. I frankly don't know where to start with this... I guess if you have a question, ask the community! We are quite willing to welcome back a senior Bonkle fan.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

This is indeed true. And so, I'd like to direct you over there; feel free to copy and paste your message here into that topic. Since we have an official thread, though, I think this one can be closed. Don't worry; this does not at all mean you're in trouble or anything!

Welcome back, too. Things have changed, yes, but I'm glad you find things familiar.