What are some licensed themes that you think could happen in the futur

masterchirox580

PokeMOCs!  (Nintendo's stubborness to share any of its ideas be hanged!  I already have so many good ideas for a game based on this.)

It is unlikely that Nintendo will ever agree, but

I'd love sets based on The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem

(ok maybe I just want a Lucina minifig)

I agree that Nintendo wouldn't agree to work with Lego, but one can always hope, right?

(I really want a Samus Aran set, FTR.)

Why all these assumptions that Nintendo wouldn't be willing to work with LEGO? They've been willing to work with K'nex, Mega Bloks, and Nanoblock in the past. Other than quality, what makes LEGO any different? Besides that it's a much bigger company with a much wider reach, which I imagine could only be a good thing.

Anyway, The Legend of Zelda is one licensed theme that could be interesting to see. I think it could translate well to LEGO, and I see no reason it couldn't ever happen.

Steven Universe could be cool, but I'm not sure how well the characters would translate to LEGO. The characters' body types are very different, so minifigs and mini-dolls alike might be too limited. Even constraction could be difficult. Brick-built characters might be an option, though (I've already built Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl on LEGO Digital Designer at close to miniland scale).

There are a number of video game brands like Ace Attorney or Professor Layton that I'd love to see in LEGO, but I could only really see them working out as individual LEGO Ideas or LEGO Dimensions products, not as fully-fledged themes.

Legend of Korra! I mean, yeah, probably not gonna happen (except possibly through Lego Ideas) now that the series is over and done with. But it would've been great. The Avatar: The Last Airbender theme wasn't the best, but that was partly due to its timing—either series could make for some excellent sets in this day and age.

Legend of Zelda remains a possibility—I'm sure both Lego and Nintendo are all aware of the demand after so many failed Ideas projects, but I just don't think the Ideas platform could support it. A part of me hopes that they're working on something independently to tie in with the release of the Wii U Zelda next year, even though the chances are probably slim. Other Nintendo franchises are less likely—most are either too obscure or already licensed with other building toy brands.

Finally, while it's probably not a good brand fit and might not even be popular enough to sustain a theme, I'd love to have Lego sets that tie in with the upcoming A Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix series.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Lego + Nintendo = money printing machine. 

Although Lego Nintendo might cut into Amiibo sales, which is probably why they haven't done it.  I think the two companies are heading toward each other (Lego with the Dimensions, and Nintendo with the Amiibo) which could result in a partnership eventually. 

Anything in LEGO Dimensions seems like it could have potential to expand into all-out themes if they prove popular enough. It's not like rights are in the way.

Hard to judge on the LEGO and Nintendo thing. Thanks to Phillips CD-i and the Super Mario movie, Nintendo is extremely cautious with licensing their franchises out. Granted, I don't see how LEGO could possibly do anything to mess up a LEGO Mario or Zelda set, but that seems to be Nintendo's attitude.

How well will you die?

Anything in LEGO Dimensions seems like it could have potential to expand into all-out themes if they prove popular enough. It's not like rights are in the way.

Hard to judge on the LEGO and Nintendo thing. Thanks to Phillips CD-i and the Super Mario movie, Nintendo is extremely cautious with licensing their franchises out. Granted, I don't see how LEGO could possibly do anything to mess up a LEGO Mario or Zelda set, but that seems to be Nintendo's attitude.

Nintendo has actually been loosening up on that front a bit lately. Plus, if they're willing to license the extremely lucrative Super Mario license to K'Nex, I don't see why they'd have any qualms about licensing with Lego.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I think due to lego's good relationship with cartoon network I think it's possible they might look into creating sets based on that 2016 powerpuff girls reboot. Despite how much I hate that idea (both the sets and the fact it's getting a reboot) lego have shown that they're willing to push the limits in terms of what they will license (at least in terms of how well an IP would translate into lego). 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

• 3 weeks later...

My list of my future themes:

1. Dreamworks (like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon. Please make it happen, Lego.)

2. Themes based on Cartoon Network (I know we got Ben 10 action figures, but what about other shows as playsets, like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, and that The Powerpuff Girls?)

3. Gravity Falls

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. Super Mario Bros

6. Kingdom Hearts

7. Pacific Rim

8. SpongeBob SquarePants being relaunched again.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

My list of my future themes:

1. Dreamworks (like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon. Please make it happen, Lego.)

2. Themes based on Cartoon Network (I know we got Ben 10 action figures, but what about other shows as playsets, like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, and that The Powerpuff Girls?)

3. Gravity Falls

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. Super Mario Bros

6. Kingdom Hearts

7. Pacific Rim

8. SpongeBob SquarePants being relaunched again.

1. Yeah for some reason lego have just never bothered with dreamworks. I think it would be cool if it happened.
  2. Well Ben 10 is also due for a reboot but I doubt lego would want to take their chances again. And I think if lego were gonna do adventure time they would have done it by now, I think it's probably the amount of new molds required that holds that back. I've never watched regular show but I think I heard it was intended for an older audience so lego may be avoiding it because of that. Steven universe (I really need to watch that) I imagine is being avoided by lego due to it's inclusion of gay characters (don't misinterpret this as me being anti LGBT. I would have no issue with lego making characters who are gay (and would probably support it)) and they probably want to avoid any potential controversy. And I already explained why I think lego might do PPG. 
  3. Gravity falls is ending soon so that makes it's chances smaller.
  4. Well there is that movie due out in the future (which sounds terrible to me) so I think it's possible lego might look into that (I have actually heard romours that Sonic is going to be in a future lego dimensions pack). 
  5. They might do that but there is a lot more demand for Legend of Zelda so I imagine they'd focus on that more in a situation where they got a license from Nintendo. 
  6. Well if they make a pacific rim sequel I do think they'd probably do it given the chance.
  7. And I don't know what lego's current situation with Nickelodeon is (as they only do stuff with them every so often) so it might be a while before that happens (plus I hear spongebob's ratings have been declining). 

It's time to move on.