you know your a bionic fan when...

bohrokman

In response to the question... When you have Bionicles all over the place.

When you know "Bionicles" is not the proper plural form of BIONICLE sets/characters.

Is that for real? Source?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

In response to the question... When you have Bionicles all over the place.

When you know "Bionicles" is not the proper plural form of BIONICLE sets/characters.

Is that for real? Source?

I've just tried finding where this concept was comprehensively outlined, but I can't seem to track it down. It was an official topic or blog post or something. Basically, "Bionicle" is a portmanteau for "Biological Chronicle," so it refers to a type of story, not a type of being. Therefore, phrases like "bionicles," "a bionicle," etc., are grammatically incorrect. The original source I can't find compared it to calling Luke Skywalker a Star War. It jumps right out to Grammar Nazis like me.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

You know you're a Bionicle fan when you can't afford dinner but you can afford $300 of sets.

Let's see here... I've got a bit of disposable income for the time being... what do I spend it on?

Six New Toa > Steam Christmas Sale > New Computer > Personal Debt > Anyone Else

• Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

pretty much memorized BS01

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

You know you're a Bionicle fan when you compare every story to either the your religious holy book or Bionicle first, or when you remember every year for the first decade of the century in affiliation to Bionicle sets.

"The Anti-Terror Coalition invaded Afghanistan in 2001 in retaliation of--"

"2001? Oh yeah, that's when Bionicle first came out!"

" :annoyed: "

I do this all the time.

when you emerge from a stasis tube onto a tropical beach, reconstruct yourself from scattered parts, don your golden mask of power, and go off to destroy the evils of Makuta and save the world!

no? just me?

(Stasis tubes and Toa canisters are not the same thing.)
  • Upvote 6

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

cried when you read Tahu's final line in issue 7 of the last comic saga (probably because of disappointment)

• Upvote 1

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

When you prefer the original BIONICLE trilogy over the original Star Wars trilogy.

When you try to figure out which Kanohi your favorite fictional characters would wear.

When you wish you could find your (possibly bad) drawings of yourself as a Toa from when you were a kid.

When you still play the BIONICLE GameCube/PS2 game even though you know it sucks.

When you listened to All-American Rejects just because they were in a promotion from 2006 (speaking of which, did we ever Save the Band?).

When you have the Piraka Rap memorized.

When you use the Piraka Rap in place of "Never Gonna Give You Up."

When you type out a long response to a forum post on BZP about when you know you're a BIONICLE fan.

Edited by MelodySong
  • Upvote 3

When, A) You defend Bionicle from the haters.

B) You're a member of BZPower

C) You sometimes hum/whistle Nathan Furst's soundtrack from the films to yourself.

D) When you're insanely awesome and only a few thousand people know (and you're not Superman)

Edited by Erasmus Graves
  • Upvote 2

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

tell a MOC "watch the house ; love you" before you leave

• Upvote 6

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

When you go into hulk mode because the OP spelled Bionicle wrong in the title [ :P]

That actually got on my nerves a little. :D

are you kidding? i know i'm a bionic fan because my arms can turn into guns and i have an x-ray eye!

Can't argue with that, to be honest.

Also, I know I'm a BIONICLE fan when I can somehow link fog to mystery and link that to 2001-2003. I'm a weird little man.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

When you cross it over wth varying themes and things throughout the years. (i.e BIONICLE x Star Wars, BIONICLE x UNDERTALE (that one's my favorite), BIONICLE x HF, BIONICLE x Chima, ect.)

And when you do multiple crossovers with BIONICLE (i.e BIONICLE x XCOM x UNDERTALE x Star Wars x Star Trek x LotR x D&D x BIONICLE G2 x Transformers x Power Rangers x Nintendo v.s The Abominations on DeviantART.)

EDIT:

(And you know what? Lets just add starbound, Terraria, TF2, and Game of Thrones just for the heck of it!)

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

And when you do multiple crossovers with BIONICLE (i.e BIONICLE x XCOM x UNDERTALE x Star Wars x Star Trek x LotR x D&D x BIONICLE G2 x Transformers x Power Rangers x Nintendo v.s The Abominations on DeviantART.)

I'd probably read that.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

I'd probably read that.

You don't just read it, you play it, you live it, you experience it. (Also, music supplied by all the folk who made the music for BIONICLE, Toby Fox, the people who made the music for everything else, pink floyd, two steps from , and dragonforce in a massive collaboration of planet pushing power. RAD!)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'd probably read that.

You don't just read it, you play it, you live it, you experience it. (Also, music supplied by all the folk who made the music for BIONICLE, Toby Fox, the people who made the music for everything else, pink floyd, two steps from ######, and dragonforce in a massive collaboration of planet pushing power. RAD!)

Virtual reality that becomes legit reality with all the stuff you mentioned? Sign me up! I'll even act in it!

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs