Aske Garling Presents the Skull Creatures in New Designer Video

A new designer video starring LEGO Bionicle designer Aske Garling was uploaded to Bionicle.com today, following up on John Ho's Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder designer video which we reported on last week. In this new video, Aske shows off the four remaining Skull Creature sets: 70791 Skull Warrior, 70792 Skull Slicer, 70793 Skull Basher, and 70794 Skull Scorpio. Along the way he explains some of the thought process behind their color schemes, textures, builds, and functions. Follow the link above to watch the video!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

"And here's Skull Scorpio... Yeah, we don't really know what we were doing either."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"This is Skull Warrior. There wasn't much to talk about him."

"This is Skull Slicer. We won't explain why he wears a skull spider mask with no legs instead of having a human or bull skull mask. Also, you guys have been calling his chain by the wrong color, it's fluorescent red, not fluorescent orange."

"This is Skull Scorpio. We won't explain why we gave him one piece legs."

"This is Skull Basher. We won't explain why we built his axes incorrectly or gave him comically large horns."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Ooooohhh, he said "Toas"...

I heard he said that. LOL.:P

Anyway, the video is great. He explained the designs of the sets very well. Plus, this could explain why the Skull Creatures have matching transparent pieces; because they are controlled by Kulta. Interesting.:)

However, there are some things that I noticed. He never talked about the Creatures' background information. The fact why Skull Scorpio has one-piece legs is not explained. Plus, he never showed the Skull-Warrior-Slicer-Basher combiner. I can see it on the shelf, but he never explained it, like the other video.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 1 month later...

A little barebones (no pun intended) as far as the explanation into the nitty-gritty goes, but it's always a pleasure to see these kinds of videos, especially for characters as creative as the Skull gang. I do wish they went into more detail but its great we are getting these in the first place. Don't recall much of em in G1.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg