New City, Creator, Technic, and Disney Princess Sets Coming Soon

Over on shop.LEGO.com, listings have been added for 24 sets launching on December 1, 2015 in North America. The sets, ranging in price from $4.99 to $59.99 USD, are from the City, Creator, Technic, Disney Princess, and Ideas themes. As of today, all the listings include prices, pictures, and full descriptions. The LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters and LEGO Creator Brick Bank sets are also listed as Coming Soon, although neither of those is due for release until January 1, 2016. Click here for the U.S. listings or here for the Canadian listings!

View the full article

Kinda interesting that the sets that seem to be garnering the most interest. I suppose it's not too surprising for Bionicle fans to like Technic since that's ultimately the system it's built around, but I feel like you don't see a whole lot of purely Technic (as in, non-constraction) MOCs in this community. And even the constraction MOCs often tend to have fewer Technic functions than you tend to see in constraction sets.

Naturally, I'm as guilty of this as anyone. I love the intricate, challenging building process of larger, modern-day Technic sets, and yet at the same time, I have little interest in MOCing real-world vehicles like most Technic sets depict, and very little of the engineering know-how it takes to come up with complex and wholly original Technic action features for my constraction models. In dedicated Technic discussion forums in other communities like Eurobricks, I feel completely out of my depth, lost amidst discussions of torque, tension, and gear ratios. If I did want to make a Technic model of a real-world vehicle, I'd hardly know where to begin.

I suppose constraction, with its more clearly defined scale and imaginative characters, is just a better fit for my style as a builder. But I do hope I can one day get enough experience with Technic to create models with more elaborate functions than the simple flapping wing or swinging arm functions I'm so used to.

• Upvote 1

There's also going to be a Doctor Who set for those that are interested in that.

I got all the sets that I want this year, but I most likely won't be getting any of these. But I still think that they look cool.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png