It's about time I put something in this subforum! Anyway, hello there, Halo fans! I plan on buying and playing Halo games in 2016, just so you know, but in the meantime, why not treat you to some fine sci-fi weaponry? I built a rough BIONICLE-scale model of the Gravity Hammer last night and felt like showing you all. So, without further ado, here's what you came here for!

Today, 2015 Lewa will be showcasing our product in front of a magnificent green screened backdrop.

MEGA INTRO!!!

Yeah, work it! Show that weapon off, bro!

Alright, set it down and let the press get a better look.

Oh, here comes a show stealer! Someone's got an HF-grade Energy Sword!

But when it comes to a fight, we all know which weapon comes out on top.

Real quick, folks! We have a cool little surprise to show you!

Alright, that was fun. However, I noticed something. The Gravity Hammer is actually so heavy, it can't be held in a geared arm without weighing it down. Funny how that works. :D I'm pretty sure a non-geared arm would have better luck, though. If you're wondering why it isn't being held in two hands, I sacrificed that easy possibility for a shorter handle. It now looks somewhat more accurate and far less tacky.

It also looks nice on a Protector, who's joined by a tiny Spartan for one last pic.

As you can tell, I was focusing more on shape than color and detail, as that would be a sad story. Either way, I hope you enjoyed seeing my first MOC here on BZPower. If you have suggestions for tweaking or you just want to see more pictures, feel free to speak up. And if you want clear instructions for either scale of Gravity Hammer, I can also arrange something for you.

Thanks for popping by and see you next time!

• Upvote 3

mindeth the cobwebs

It does have the shape of the Gravity Hammer, vaguely at least. Sadly wouldn't recognize it if not for the fact that you stated it was one. Too bad it can't be held as it is in the game, also. But on the bright side, it's heavy like the real thing!

The BIONICLE building system is sadly limiting in certain aspects. But I bet a Protector could hold it correctly if I swap out the rods for some shorter ones. And the heaviness was a pleasant bonus! Gotta pose your guy right or he'll topple over from the weight of the hammer.

I popped into this topic and skimmed through the pics without reading anything, and even though I'm not really a Halo fan, I recognized it from the game. So, nice work! It definitely looks recognizable.

It also looks like fun to pose on a figure. :D

Thanks! I'm getting some mixed messages here, but nice to see two different opinions on the matter.

It is pretty fun, like you said. I'd be more fun if you could pose LEGO pieces like you can in Garry's mod so you can set up cool scenes, but with real world physics, it's still really cool.

Thank you both for taking the time to look and respond!

mindeth the cobwebs