Sign in to follow this  
Hapori Tohu

LEGO Bionicle Facebook Page Shares 2016 Poster/Key Visual

If you've been following LEGO Bionicle news this year you probably remember an interesting poster displayed in the background of some of the Bionicle Mask Maker Challenge videos. Today, LEGO shared a clearer version of that poster to the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page. It's still not high enough resolution for you to print and hang up on your wall, but in the very least, it's clear enough to appreciate the image of the Toa and Great Elemental Creatures united against their enemies!

View the full article

Well, that was an unexpected yet very warming surprise. It's not the type of thing I was expecting LEGO to do. Regardless, I welcome such a post, greatly.

It's great having this poster in a clearer image and not just in the background of a video. It makes it look even cooler.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Sweet poster. There's not a similar poster showing off the 2015 Toa, is there? I can only remember this. 2016's looks a lot nicer.

IetTsFQ.png

What was the point of having Mata Nui of the old poster?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

What was the point of having Mata Nui of the old poster?

I'm not sure myself, but there could be many reasons; From a placeholder, to an artistic choice, etc. It's very unusual with its disappearance, regardless of initial purpose. 

I have a feeling this may become a big controversy in upcoming years.

What was the point of having [][][][] [][][] of the old poster?

I read that the leaker may have added that onto the poster to mess with the fanbase. :superfunny:

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

This poster looks clearer. It looks more epic! I like it!:D

But the one thing is where is the island of Mata Nui? It disappeared. I don't know why, but I guess Lego doesn't want people to think that this would mean a possible G1-G2 crossover for some reason. I also thought showing the island would mean celebrating Bionicle's 15th anniversary.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This poster looks clearer. It looks more epic! I like it! :D

But the one thing is where is the island of Mata Nui? It disappeared. I don't know why, but I guess Lego doesn't want people to think that this would mean a possible G1-G2 crossover for some reason. I also thought showing the island would mean celebrating Bionicle's 15th anniversary.

From what I can tell, the island was probably just photoshopped in by the person who originally leaked the larger poster to troll other fans. It doesn't seem like the official poster ever featured it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Looks so awesome. Tahu and his Uniter form just looks epic flying in that key art. The other Toa look great too, but Tahu is stunning. I love the composition of the poster and it really reminds me of the older G1 days. Especially with the Mask of Control in the background. Would buy a poster of this.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg