Toa Thasos

Powered by the Spirit of the Woodlands (Thasos is Greek for "forest"), this Toa overwhelms his enemies on the battlefield by calling forth all manor of forest-dwelling plants and animals.  All creatures are at his command, which means that no battle against Thasos is ever really one-on-one.  With his telepathic abilities he is essentially an army unto himself.

23108140640_d8105d72f1_z.jpg

23403956115_3b1af544a3_z.jpg

23036005349_f95f407c6a_z.jpg

22776740273_7c2f0c7df6_z.jpg

Back view. . . 

22775605914_5e2abff7b5_z.jpg

Edited by BlackboltJohnson
  • Upvote 10

I really like Toa of Plantlife (I guess that's what he sorta is) and how the Great Mahiki looks so I may be a bit biased by saying I like this but WHO CARES. :V

Both things mentioned above aside, he looks cool. The plant-y details and the colors are snazzy and the torso build looks pretty clever since it appears to be a CCBS skeleton with Inika armor and other pieces placed over it. The shell piece connecting to the balljoint at the bottom of it looks a bit off though.

Edited by Artakha's Ghost

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I really like Toa of Plantlife (I guess that's what he sorta is) and how the Great Mahiki looks so I may be a bit biased by saying I like this but WHO CARES. :V

Both things mentioned above aside, he looks cool. The plant-y details and the colors are snazzy and the torso build looks pretty clever since it appears to be a CCBS skeleton with Inika armor and other pieces placed over it. The shell piece connecting to the balljoint at the bottom of it looks a bit off though.

Thanks!  Indeed it is a CCBS torso with a bunch of other random armor pieces layered on.  My basic idea is to build according to color scheme.  So for this guy since I was going for the forest theme, I attempted to use every color in my collection that seemed "woodsy".  I think my favorite aspect of it is the viney appendages sticking out all over the place.  It really accents the design, I think.

For that lower shell piece under the groin, I was attempting a skirted look with those 3 bright green pieces.  They don't fit as tightly together as I would've liked, unfortunately.

In any case, appreciate your feedback and thanks for looking dude.

Really great work! :) Lots of great poses of this MOC and the colors make it very enjoyable to look at! I think maybe normally a MOC with so many colors might look distracting, but with the theme going on here, all the greens and browns are perfect; and the gold fits right in! Now THIS is a great use for the new Gen 2 Bionicle gold pieces! The tentacles/vines are also great details.

Also, good job making a MOC using Matau Metru's mask that is a completely separate, believable character! Great work again and thanks for posting! :)

• 1 month later...

Loving this design-great use of the vine pieces in a way that fits the aesthetic. If the Element Lord of Jungle had been given a set form, it couldn't have been much better than this.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge