Set Review: 71172 LEGO Dimensions

71172_LEGO_Dimensions_Review_teaser.jpg

This review has been a while in the making, but after a few hiccups and a move, we're finally ready to get it out the door. Today we're looking at LEGO Dimensions, the new(ish) toys-to-life game created by TT Games and featuring roughly a bajillion different licenses ranging from Ghostbusters to The Wizard of Oz. We've built the set and played the game, so now it's time to let you know what we think. We've got pictures, we've got text, we've got video (including gameplay) - so read on to check it all out!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Definitely quite an interesting set to go with this game. I sure would be interested in getting it, if only I had a proper gaming system (I prefer to do my gaming on PC).

Too bad the one you got has been having all these technical issues. I'm guessing some other people who've play this haven't had any of these troubles, because after you stopped playing this on Twitch Tuesdays, I decided to search on YouTube to see what the rest of the levels are like. Would it be okay if I post a link to one of those videos I found?

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Interesting review. It's a shame that you were having so much trouble with the game. I don't know if it just your copy or if others were having these issues too, since, well, I don't feel like looking it up. :P But the game does look like it would be a lot of fun to play when it is working properly.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I had mine freeze up a couple of times on the Wizard of Oz (read: first) level on Wii U, but I haven't had any problems since. It seems like it does have some technical issues, but nothing that can't be overcome by just being a little careful while playing - if you're in a spot that tends to freeze, avoid rapidly adding/removing characters or vehicles.

IrMSNn3.png

If the Doctor Who level crashes, shouldn't it just restart as another level?

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

• Upvote 2

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

Since I don't seem to be getting any objections, I'll just go ahead an post a link to the video I was mentioning last week. For those of you who don't have the game and are interested in seeing which worlds are visited by the heroes and which villains they face off against...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynJ_ltjYrl0

All 14 story levels in less than three hours. (Obviously, a lot of the actual gameplay has been cut out and it's mostly just the cutscenes, but I found this video to be a good way to see how the entire story goes in a relatively short amount of time.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.