Modalt Masks 2016 Update

Steve the Squid

Modalt Masks 2016 Update
22401531475_4e1b46beac_z.jpg
We at Modalt Masks are excited to announce some important new changes for 2016!

• We now have a large inventory of the new 2015 masks. Yes, that includes the Masters, Protectors, Skeletons, and even the Mask of Creation itself!
  • You can now send in masks for a discount on your order! Each mask you send in will credit you $1 off your order.* Your painted masks could be FREE!
  • We have a new website! You can now order masks we currently have in stock or place commission orders, all from the convenience of our site. You can even pay for your order with paypal on-site! (Note: You can still place commissions via email as usual!)

Unfortunately, we also have some bad news.

• All painted mask prices have been increased by $1. Older masks have become more scare recently, and the new masks are equally more expensive. To offset this price increase, you can now send in certain masks for a discount!

19936861958_559a420815_c.jpg

PRICING GUIDE
Standard Mask: $8 This includes most basic paint jobs, and can include scars or other basic modifications.
High Detail Mask: $9 This includes tribal designs, scales, or anything else that takes more time than usual.
Conversions: $11 This tier is for masks with physical modification to them, such as adding a scope.

Armor and other parts: TBD The pricing for non-mask parts varies, typically from $2-5. Ask us!
How to order a mask: Just check out our new website, or send us an email with what you’re interested in getting!

SEND US YOUR MASKS*
Don't want to pay full price for your commission? Send us masks from your collection, and your mask could be FREE! Each mask that you send in (from the list) will give you a $1 discount on your order total.

List of eligible masks:

• Hau Mata (Toa Tahu Mata)
  • Akaku Mata (Toa Kopaka Mata)
  • Miru Mata (Toa Lewa Mata)
  • Komau (Turaga Onewa)
  • Mahiki (Turaga Matoro)
  • Rau (Turaga Nokama)
  • Huna (Turaga Vakama)
  • Solid 14k Gold Mask of Creation

Keep Up With Modalt!
ModaltMasks.com
DeviantArt (This will be the most closely updated)

Flickr
Tumblr
Email

16218255164_2a8aa32480_z.jpg

Feel free to ask questions in the comments!

* Not all masks are eligible for discounts. List subject to change. Discount not available at conventions. Buyer covers all shipping costs. Discount not applicable to shipping costs.

Edited by Steve the Squid
  • Upvote 3

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Does the $1 discount apply to all masks that are sent in, or just the ones on the list that are eligible for a potential free mask customisation?

I'm sorry, I didn't word that well. You only get the $1 discount for each mask you send in if it's on the list. The 'potential free mask' would be if you send in enough masks to offset the cost; for example, if you want an $8 mask, you could send in 8 masks from the list, and get yours free!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

So if I were to send you a Mask of Creation (plastic) and gave you a design, you're paint and send back that same mask, right? Because there are some spots where it seems that way and others where you make it seem like a mask trade.

We have Masks of Creation in our inventory, you would not have to send us one. Send us a commission through modaltmasks.com or by email to place an order.

If we did not have the mask in stock then yes, we would paint it and send back the same mask.

Edited by Steve the Squid

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought it was a mistake. So since they are making a trans blue mask of creation for this summer, could you paint the just glyphs on it a pearly-esque gold?

Nope. Gold paint kinda sucks like that.

The problem is that we can't prime the mask. The primer we use is a spray paint, so it's either all or nothing. This limits what we can do with transparent masks.

The paint would come off very easily. I tried it with some red paint just to see, and it didn't come off until I scrubbed it very vigorously with my finger, so if you wanted another color I think it would be doable. But gold comes off really easily.