Irrie's Plight

Irrie

Anybody that's been keeping up with the Wiki has probably seen the page I've been working on relating to the Darkness^Lords. I'm planning on doing some further works relating to them in the future. But only after I finish with Gilead. 

“What is it?”
“It’s an oil drum, obviously.”
“Yeah, but what’s inside of it?”
“I dunno, open it up.”
Irrie and Bonkle stood in the middle of the sand dunes of New Po-Wahi. They were en route from New Po-Koro back to BZ-Metru, as had just served as representatives for a business meeting with a group of merchants who agreed to buy stocks in the Kanohi Force. The chute system was currently over capacitated, so they decided just to walk to the next city, which was New Ta-Koro.
Irrie knelt down and unscrewed the cap on the edge of the drum after turning it upright. He tilted it over ever so slightly and allowed for a small bit of the silvery liquid to pour out.
“Energized protodermis?” said Bonkle.
“Looks like it. But I wonder what it’s doing here in the middle of the desert.”
“Maybe somebody was transporting it on a vehicle and it fell off?”
“Maybe. But EP is sort of a rare commodity, you’d think that they would ensure that they had it securely attached to their transport before moving it across the desert like that.”
“This is changing the subject, but I wish we’d remembered to have taken a vehicle of some sort,” said Bonkle.
“Agreed. But it’d have to get outfitted for this part of the desert. It’s not like it is over in the west where it’s just a hard clay floor, there’s a lot of loose sand particles here that could get inside of the machine’s mechanics.”
“Well, no point in pondering about it much longer. It’s time to get out of here.”
The two Kanohi Force members left the drum in the sand, continuing on their trip back to civilized country.
They would continue on their travels through the sands, eventually finding themselves in the foothills of the mountains of Ta-Koro. Unlike the forested mountains down south, these ones were barren and devoid of most life other than a few Rahi who somehow existed without needing the base of their food chain.
They arrived at a chasm carved out by a slow moving river of lava. A narrow bridge connected the two sides. Bonkle was the first to cross, since he was lighter than Irrie.
“I’ll go and scout ahead,” he said as he ran out of sight between two large boulders. Irrie shrugged and took a step onto the bridge.
“Not so bad,” he murmured as he carefully walked across. “I’d even wager that-”
He stopped speaking when he heard an odd noise behind him. He turned around and saw a strange shimmering in the air. He walked forward and held his hand out, however he didn’t feel any heat.
“Well that’s strange.”
The shimmering became more rapid until it formed into an oval-shaped object. It turned darker until it was a completely black sheet floating in the air.
“Cool, a portal!”
Without knowing why, Irrie walked through it. Everything around him melted away into darkness as he drifted into the interdimensional void. The next moments for him were rather confusing, but he eventually found himself entering into another portal.

He stepped onto a rocky surface. Once he emerged completely from the portal he found himself in a barren landscape. There was no grass growing on it, nor was there any visible dirt. The sky above was black with purple clouds swirling in a chaotic pattern.
He saw movement from behind one of the nearby boulders. Running over to it, he peered behind the stone. As soon as he did he felt something jump onto him. Screaming, he pulled the thing and threw it off his face, sending it rolling onto the ground. He readied his weapon and took a few steps back, waiting for the thing to emerge again.
When it did, he saw that it was a Matoran, but a dark one. A Kra-Matoran with a mask of repulsion.
“State the reason for you hostility!” he said. The Matoran backed away slowly, hissing with a purplish tongue lolling out of a gap in its mask.
“Alright bugger, you wanna play it that way?”
Irrie stomped his left foot onto the ground to tap into the earth beneath him. He churned up the soil all around the area, causing waves of dirt to ripple through the ground. He planned on using this as more of an intimidation tactic to get the Matoran to go away so that he didn’t have to hurt it. And it seemed to work, as he saw the tiny being turn around and flee, climbing over craters and boulders to escape from the new Toa.
Irrie was about to celebrate his rather trivial victory as he turned around to look for a place to sit down. But rather than seeing the boulder again, he saw something rather odd. A being about the same height as him had appeared, clad in a streaming black cloak with a hood that concealed its face in a shadow. Two pale circular eyes peered out from the darkness, both of which conveyed absolutely no emotion.
“Excuse yourself, sir,” said Irrie.
“I believe that it is you who should be excused,” it replied.
“Oh, I apologize. Excuse me, ma’am.”
“What...no...I believe that you are the one at fault here.”
“Really? I didn’t know that there were any earthquakes happening nearby.”
“What?”
“Stupidsaywhat”
“What?”
“HA! GOT EEEEM!”
“Shut up!”
“Shut what up?”
“Stop talking!”
“”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.”
“I said not to talk.”
“Manners before mandates.”
The figure took a step backward while he placed his hand on a belt that wrapped around the outside of his cloak. He grasped onto a handle drew from its sheath a sword that looked similar to a claymore.
“Tell me, what are you doing here!” he said.
“I would love to, but not even I know.”
“You are not from this dimension, are you?”
“How can you tell?”
“I can sense the lack of darkness inside of you. You still have some light left.”
“Implying that everyone else here doesn’t?”
“Exactly. Tell me, what is the name of your home dimension?”
“Dimension 3, home of the esteemed BZ-Nui and the inhabitants of said dimension.”-
“Dimension 3! Sir, you must be very ignorant to willingly speak of your origins in this land.”
“And why is that?”
“You are within Dimension 1, the land of darkness and the realm of the Darkness^Lords! Dimension 3 is the home of an entity that killed one of the top ranking officials within our government!”
“Look man, I don’t want any trouble. Who’s this person that you are talking about?”
“His name is Petewa. He was the top advisor to the Darkness^Lords before he was killed by his Dimension 5 counterpart. Do you know of any of D5’s wearbouts?”
“Uh, nope. Sorry, never heard of him.”
“Don’t try to deceive me, Toa of dirt! I am Vainglory, one of the seven Darkness^Lords and the King of the Seventh Realm! Tell me everything you know about Dimension 5 Petewa!”
He swung his claymore in the air as it crackled with purple energy.
“We work together! He’s an associate of mine at my job!”
“Where do you work?”
“As an author, for a group called the Kanohi Force.”
“The Kanohi Force,” echoed Vainglory.
“So...can I go now?”
“No! You will be taken to the capital city of the Seventh Realm and have your memories downloaded into our computers. From there you will be sent to an area of labor that best suits your needs.”
Irrie’s backed up slowly. He turned around and broke into a sprint. It was just his luck that he felt the air around him shimmer and dematerialize as he stepped into the void.
“Just my luck!” he exclaimed. “Fortune smiled on me today, as it’s rare to get a portal this size, let alone right in front of you when you need it most!”
“I don’t think so!”
He spun around and saw that Vainglory had followed him into the portal. Irrie quickly banked to the left and entered into another portal. He emerged into a grassy field that was very familiar to him.
“Dimension 6: Cucumber Land,” he said.
He summoned a floating chunk of earth from the ground and shot it into the portal, expecting for Vainglory to emerge just as it reached it. However he never did.
Irrie’s mind reeled as he thought of why he hadn’t appeared.
“He’s headed for Dimension 3!” Irrie exclaimed as he realized what had happened. He leapt back into the portal just as it closed back. When he arrived into the void once again, he saw Vainglory hopping into a portal that had the number ‘3’ carved into a plaque above it. Irrie quickly followed him into it.
He found himself in the deserts of New Po-Wahi.
“Vainglory! I challenge you to a battle!”
The being turned around and faced him. Surprisingly, he accepted it.
“The victor determines the fate of D3,” he replied.
“Fair enough. En garde!”
Irrie was, literally, blown away as Vainglory fired a wave of purple energy from his sword. He floated back onto the ground, where he then sent a line of ripples through the earth, knocking the Darkness^Lord off balance.
Irrie used the break in the fighting to bring the earth below him into the air, where it swirled around and hardened, forming a gigantic humanoid being. Controlling it, Irrie launched the giant at Vainglory, who blocked the strike by the creature by forming a barrier of energy around himself. He then withdrew the energy back into his sword and shot it back out in the form of a blast, which disintegrated the giant. Irrie sent a ripple through the ground, which launched him forward, delivering a strike of his jō into the being’s torso. He spun to the side as Vainglory jabbed his claymore back at him. He then spun the staff over his head, which hit the Darkness^Lord in the back. He used his momentum to slide the jō down and around the being’s body, and jabbing it back into Vainglory’s face.
He realized that he didn’t actually have a solid head, and the staff kept on gliding through the hood and tearing a hole in the cloth to emerge from the other side.
Vainglory, who had seemed to have taken a huge hit from this, fell to the ground and screeched, which was a truly horrible sound. He sent a beam of energy from his sword into the ground, which launched him into the air, landing about twenty feet away.
Irrie noticed that Vainglory was standing next to the oil drum that he and Bonkle saw earlier. Vainglory, who had exhausted his darkness energies, turned to a much more direct method. He picked the drum up over his head and hurled it into the air. Irrie was shocked by how quickly it moved, crashing into the Loremaster almost as soon as Vainglory had thrown it. The barrel collapsed upon striking the Toa of Earth, spilling the contents all over him.
Vainglory collapsed to the ground, panting. He was surprised by how weak he was, normally he could have defeated ten Toa of Earth back in Dimension 1 without breaking a sweat. There must have been something about being in an alien realm that weakened him. He needed to return with greater numbers soon.
He walked toward where Irrie lay, covered in a silvery liquid. He raised his claymore above his head, ready to drive it into the back of the Toa’s head. He drove it down, however rather than plunging into his brain, it bounced off and landed in the sand. Suddenly, Irrie rose from the pool of liquid.
Vainglory knew that something wasn't right. As the liquid oozed off of him, he saw it. His Kanohi Kaukau had been replaced with a Kaukau Nuva. A new lining of gray armor was lined across his broadened chest. Newly formed muscles ripped through his arms and legs, while his jō had been replaced with a spearlike Yari.
“Toa of Earth, what have you done!”
“I am not a Toa of Earth, creature of evil! I am Irrie Nuva, Toa of the elements of Earth and History!”
“I don’t care what kind of Toa you are! You’re all the same to me!” he shouted as he leaped into the air with his sword extended. Irrie jabbed the bladed end of the spear into the cloak of Vainglory, simultaneously blasting his newfound energies into him. This sent the being back in time, thousands of centuries before the Dimension had even been created.

However little did Irrie Nuva know, Vainglory had not been defeated. In fact, when Irrie Nuva entered into the same portal that had originally sent him to Dimension 1, Vainglory had been waiting among the rocky slopes of the mountainside and slipped in behind him. He had been wandering the wilderness of BZ-Nui ever since it was created, waiting for a portal to open up that would take him home. His ancient and decrepit body was too weak to attack the Toa of Earth as he followed him through the void, and he hid among the landscape of Dimension 1 as his energies returned to him. He watched the battle between his younger self and Irrie from afar. Once they entered into the void, he contacted the other six Darkness^Lords and told them of his banishment into the past of Dimension 3. And for the first time, the Darkness^Lords know of the Kanohi Force, and now swore vengeance against two of their members.

Irrie returned home and told the others of his adventure. He was now Irrie Nuva, the first Toa to control two elements, Earth and History.

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

*slow clap*

Awesome job! It was well written, and now you've added new villains and a new element. :D Perhaps there will be more in the future, like time, or something like that?

Also, always happy to be featured in stories. ;)

Anyway, this reminds me that I really need to get to work on Independence. Sorry it's been put off for so long, after my finals next week I can update it while I'm on break.

This is fantastic, but there are a couple things I thought you should be aware of:

• Seeing as there's only one element in the first dimension, it's unlikely any of its inhabitants would know of more than their own, they might think light a ghost story, and there's a highly unlikely chance they know of the element of stone from me, but if they do know the elements, they'd probably not recognize the accompanying colourations. But that's canceled out by the fact that he saw you use your elemental powers.
  • Kitty has elemental powers over both ice and gravity...so, you're not the first.

I was halfway through reading this last night when I went to sleep, and Bronze seemed generally interested in whether or not there was a first dimension equivalent of himself, or the Kanohi Force, I told him that there probably wasn't, but seeing as there were versions of most of the Kanohi Force memburs in the Fifth Dimension, it wasn't beyond possibility, thoughts?

Kitty has elemental powers over both ice and gravity...so, you're not the first.

I was halfway through reading this last night when I went to sleep, and Bronze seemed generally interested in whether or not there was a first dimension equivalent of himself, or the Kanohi Force, I told him that there probably wasn't, but seeing as there were versions of most of the Kanohi Force memburs in the Fifth Dimension, it wasn't beyond possibility, thoughts?

After reading her bio on the wiki, I got the impression that she was a Matoran/Toa/something of Gravity with a bow or mask that gave her Ice powers, based on some of the wording. By that sense, Toa like Hewkii have also commanded two elements: one naturally, and one via a mask or weapon. But perhaps I read it wrong.

Dimension 1 version of me... Well, at least I'd finally live up to my name. :P 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

This is fantastic, but there are a couple things I thought you should be aware of:

• Seeing as there's only one element in the first dimension, it's unlikely any of its inhabitants would know of more than their own, they might think light a ghost story, and there's a highly unlikely chance they know of the element of stone from me, but if they do know the elements, they'd probably not recognize the accompanying colourations. But that's canceled out by the fact that he saw you use your elemental powers.
  • Kitty has elemental powers over both ice and gravity...so, you're not the first.

Probably. Since there's a D1 Petewa, I don't see why there aren't D1 versions of other people. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Cilped

I had just edited it to the furthest of my knowledge, but I think that's how it works, I'm not sure whether she's got both, or got one naturally and one from a weapon, I just said the second in her wiki page because her selfMOC has an ice coloured bow, whilst the rest of it is purple. I tried to get her to edit it, but she didn't change anything.

Cilped

That reminds me, I just finished drawing D1 equivalents of Dane, Kovika, Irrie, Bronze, Bonkle, Tahu, Dragon, Miffy, and Myself, for the gif idea I had in my profile feed.

Cilped

I had just edited it to the furthest of my knowledge, but I think that's how it works, I'm not sure whether she's got both, or got one naturally and one from a weapon, I just said the second in her wiki page because her selfMOC has an ice coloured bow, whilst the rest of it is purple. I tried to get her to edit it, but she didn't change anything.

Cilped

That reminds me, I just finished drawing D1 equivalents of Dane, Kovika, Irrie, Bronze, Bonkle, Tahu, Dragon, Miffy, and Myself, for the gif idea I had in my profile feed.

If you think about it, could you draw me? :P I'm curious to see what I would look like.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~