Real Estate Available! Where would you live in the Bionicle story?

Xboxtravis

Imagine this, you have been given the option of moving to a location in the Bionicle story. You'll still be human though, and won't belong to any specific Matoran tribe; as such you can pick the scenery and your neighbors! Any location on the GSR, Spherus Magna, and Okoto's Planet are up for grabs, and if you can't pick one choose a few favorites.

My Ideas: On Mata-Nui the area near Midak's hut looks nice to me. Some vegetation, a great desert nearby and some caves to explore. On Metru-Nui I would like Ga-Metru, looks pretty; but also very civilized and modern. On Okoto the lower tundra of the ice region sounds good to me.

Edit: I wanted the topic title to say "Real Estate Available!" and not "Retail Available"! but I goofed up in writing it...

Edited by -Windrider-

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Onu-Metru. One endless museum of science (as much as that applies to bionicle).

For G2... Probably jungle or water village.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The island of Artahka. It's an island of craftsmanship, ingenuity and architecture that is barely known to the outside world. It's a very peaceful and open-minded metropolis, unlike the possibly horrific and overcrowded Metru Nui.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Was the topic title supposed to say "real estate available"?

I've honestly never given much thought to this question, and thinking about it now, it's a tough one. The Bionicle universe as a whole is not known for its creature comforts, unlike, say, Elvendale or Heartlake City. Some locations have perks like picturesque scenery or thriving commerce, but a lot of others are quite perilous or at least have a dark side to them.

On Mata Nui, Ga-Koro and Le-Koro are pretty nice. They're picturesque, reasonably well protected from outside threats, have a mild climate, and have reliable access to resources like food and water (though in real life, I suppose I'm not too fond of eating fish). They have been attacked a couple times, but I can't think of many Bionicle locations that haven't been. Some things Le-Koro has that Ga-Koro doesn't are a thriving music scene and a really strong military. The former is pretty nice, though hopefully the parties wouldn't last late into the night. The latter is good so long as they don't have a draft... but Tamaru was able to avoid serving in the Gukko Force on account of his fear of heights, so I suppose that's not too great a concern. I think I'd still lean more towards Ga-Koro, though. I like the atmosphere there.

On Metru Nui, hmm, hard to say. Pre–Great Cataclysm, Metru Nui was heavily focused on industry, not so much on the arts. Ga-Metru is nice as a center of learning and study without feeling as sterile and lonely as Ko-Metru tended to be. So probably Ga-Metru.

Post-2004 locations were generally either extremely perilous or not very well fleshed out to begin with. Sadly this also includes G2 locations — what little we know about them makes them all seem like not very nice places to live. Still kinda leaning towards the region of water, though! The other regions seem way too dangerous for my liking. The Ancient City was probably pretty nice pre–Great Cataclysm, and might become nicer once more now that Ekimu's been restored to life and the Skull Army has been pushed out.

Edited by Aanchir

I think I'd like to live in or near Ga-Koro. Most of the other Koros and Wahis on Mata Nui seem pretty uninhabitable when you think about it. :P But in Ga-Koro they have a pretty nice climate, probably a source of freshwater (or not :P), and lots of fish. It's no wonder the Po-Koronans abandoned their village to go there during the Bohrok invasion. :P

Edit: I wanted the topic title to say "Real Estate Available!" and not "Retail Available"! but I goofed up in writing it...

Topic title fixed! You can send a report stating that you'd like it changed next time, too.

For me, water always appealed to me...Ga-Metru? Ga-Koro? Region of Water? I'm not too knowledgeable about any of the three, save for their element, but thoughts of the ocean always calm me. It might be like reliving Thanksgivings on the Outer Banks with my family when I was younger.

I'd love to be either overlooking a forest or in a snowy area, both in a log cabin. I'd like my home to seem cozy and warm, and these environments would make that possible. I guess the Northern Frost on Spherus Magna or the Region of Ice would fit, as well as the Region of Jungle or the area just outside of the Valley of the Maze.

Ga-koro and -metru are probably the most hospitable areas to humans as far as Matoran habitats go, though some of the reformed Spherus Magna might be even more suited to organic folks. It's a pity we never got a good look at all the areas of the new planet- it would have been nice to watch the civilization unfold there.

Le-Koro and Onu-Koro would be nice places to visit, too. Onu-Koro has a lovely underground park. With an Onua fountain. The fact that this is canon makes me happy for some reason. 

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

If I chose to live on Mata Nui, I'd live in Ko-Koro for the summer. Once winter came, I'd move to Ga-Koro where it'd be somewhat warmer. Imagine how cool it would be to swim alongside Toa Nuva Gali! When fall comes, I'd stay in Le-Koro and hang out with Lewa Nuva, trying to listen to his stories even though he talks rather fast. I'd do the same on Metru Nui: Live in Ko-Metru, move to Ga-Metru for the winter, and stay in Le-Metru in the fall.

I'd probably live on the border of Ko-Wahi and Le-Wahi on Mata Nui. I'd like to be able to travel between the two regions because I like both of them. I'd like the jungle because warmth and then the snowy wilderness would be fun to explore/go skiing in.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Hmm, so many great places...

I'm going to go with Ga-Koro. Pleasant beaches, tropical atmosphere, and all the fiiiiiiine ladies. B-)

Were the "ladies" notessentially genderless robots, you could have persuaded me.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm going to go with Ga-Koro. Pleasant beaches, tropical atmosphere, and all the fiiiiiiine ladies. B-)

Were the "ladies" notessentially genderless robots, you could have persuaded me.

I think the phrase you meant is "sexless" since though they lack physical characteristics, matoran /do/ have a notable sense of gender, but i digress.

I've always found Voya, Mahri, and Karda nui p cool, but idk if i'd want to /live/ in any of them so much as visit for the sights. o:

like most other people, one of the villages on Mata-Nui probably seems the nicest place to live, probably... Onu-Koro, Onu-Koro is cool and pretty!

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'd pick Po-Koro, it's pretty much nothing but desert, just like Australia & I'd like to learn carving from Hafu or one of the matoran from MNOG2 that no one cares about.

For G2, I'd pick the village of earth, it has crystals, fertile soil for crops on the surface, Onua & the female protector Korgot. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'd probably live on the coast of Po-Metru, because it is warm, but I also might make frequent forays into Ko-Metru.  The best tasting fish live in cold water, and I'd probably want to do some research there. Might also visit Ga-Metru sometimes. 

For Okoto, probably the fishing areas near the Ancient City. Again, the Ancient City seems to be the source of knowledge and all of the ancient prophecies and expert mask makers and cool stuff. 

Definitely Metru Nui, but probably near Ga-Metru. I'd like to work on my research and practice in peace from time to time. As a Toa, I'd value being so close to the Great Temple

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

To everyone saying they'd like to live in the jungle, you do realize that pretty much everything in the jungle can kill you?

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

To everyone saying they'd like to live in the jungle, you do realize that pretty much everything in the jungle can kill you?

Plus the humidity. I lived for a while in the semi-tropical areas of northern Argentina, and the humidity was KILLER; and that wasn't even a full blown jungle yet! 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I'd live where Mata Nui lives, the mind of a giant robot with a universe inside of it.  I would be able to manipulate everything that happens inside, and be attacked by a powerful entity of darkness, launched out into space... maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

The land of Artakha sounds like as close to utopia as there is, though.

Tren Krom's Island . Idk why .

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

Hm, for G1 probably Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi seems nicer but I'm terrible at swimming :annoyed:

Karda Nui's also cool but I don't think I'd want to permanently reside in a giant cave.

On Okoto I'd probably choose somewhere on the edge of the Region of Water, near the border with the Region of Jungle.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

Mata Nui all the way [:P] And, depending on certain factors, I would live in either Ko-, Ga-, or Le-Koro [:P] Probably Ko-Koro [:P] And I'd live in a little shelter just outside the village, on the easter slope of Mt. Ihu, just a short ski away from the grassy Mainlands and the Old Fusa Path, and the inside of my hut/cave would be lined with planks of bula wood, and lit with a lightstone on each wall, and it would have a window overlooking the Mangai, and every week I'd visit Onu-Koro to trade Rahi hide/pieces with the other villages, and on naming days I'd visit Ga-Wahi and fish by the Kaukau statue...

Bionicle's great, isn't it? [:D]

cLT23Pz.png

I think the phrase you meant is "sexless" since though they lack physical characteristics, matoran /do/ have a notable sense of gender, but i digress.

Since they don't reproduce and their genders are never referred to in-story except for pronouns, which might have been done for the ease of the reader, I'd say that's debatable.

For G2, I'll go with the Region of Water. It's cool, relaxed (as far as I'm concerned) and the City of the Mask Makers is close by. 

For G1, however, I'll go with Ga-Koro; it's got a nice area around a portion of the coastal outline, lots of room to swim and some nice scenery. The only problem is, I'll have to evacuate just before the cleansing and the big day. 

I'm going to go with Ga-Koro.  Pleasant beaches, tropical atmosphere, and all the fiiiiiiine ladies. B-)

If you want ladies, might want to try Xia...

I'd live in Ko-Metru. Spending my life learning about the future sounds pretty great.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!