MOC: Ekimu, Master of Creation

EKIMU, MASTER OF CREATION

22964105264_acb69d3b1d_c.jpg

The intention here was to portray Ekimu as a Toa-like character, but with my TW2 gearbox so he's more akin to the 2016 sets. His design is meant to somewhat mimic that of his current set portrayal in regards to colour layering and proportions.

Front

23296588470_6a5147742b_c.jpg

Back

23509878501_09e9fb306d_c.jpg

Skeleton - Front

23509890821_b4981b8cba_c.jpg

Skeleton - Back

23224372099_9c11a8af87_c.jpg

• Upvote 9

What lovely shaping of the upper body area. Something about the hammer/staff is throwing me off, though. Perhaps it's how ethereal it looks compared to the rather solid structure of the rest of the MOC. Perhaps that's the intent, though!

Once again, your CCBS creations are excellent.

Thank you! I wasn't too keen on how his original hammer looked with an extended bar, so this was the best alternative I could come up with without losing the trans-light blue colour.

Saw this early on your Flickr (as usual), a long time indeed since the last creation. And it was worth it, obviously.

Finding flaws in you MOCs is, most of the time, a hard task. Here, however, the back looks...weak. A bit. It could use a little gold. It's great aside from that.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to cover the back without making it stick out too much, but your critique is duly noted.

Wow he looks fantastic! I feel like you could cover up his back side with a gold piece or something, the visible black on his back just seems too much but other than that he looks fantastic!

Thanks, and again, the back was tricky to cover. 

Excellent stuff! Everything about this design just fits together perfectly.

Glad you think so!

• Upvote 1

I really like the shape of the shoulders. The trans-light blue hooks stemming from the back add a regal, almost angelic aura to him (makes sense). I also love the design of his leg armor and your interpretation of his hammer. Once again, you impress me.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I really like the shape of the shoulders. The trans-light blue hooks stemming from the back add a regal, almost angelic aura to him (makes sense). I also love the design of his leg armor and your interpretation of his hammer. Once again, you impress me.

Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate the details :)

Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate the details :)

The only detail that I'm not sold on (upon a second glance) is the use of the skeletal torso for it. It's up to you of course, but it just doesn't fit Ekimu in my opinion. It's a minor gripe overall. Still very impressive :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Impressive design, overall. Heck, it even fits with the whole sealed-in-a-tomb-for-a-bloody-long-time, with the skelechest. I DO have an idea for you're back armor plating to cover that over-dark there...Try tinkering around with the torso enough to fit an inika shoulder armor there. From what I see, thats a 3-stud-or the three-connecting-rod thing, never learned what its called-length. If you mess around right, that COULD become a rather nice little add-on. Would keeppeople from griping on the black, for sure, lawl...So. Well. Even though I am not a fan of gen 2(They are going too fast), its a good build. Besides, fits the gods blasted MoC(OMG My own Creation can also be Mask of Creation, lawl, gg, lego, gg) a lot better than the small-fry nub-protector...

• Upvote 1

First of all, I love that you made the 016 body function. Plus, I like that you used the blue spikes on the back. I did that with my Ekimu MOC once but wasn't able to pull it off, but you definitely achieved that. 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The hammer is very simple and graceful. I like how it contrasts with the solid, armored look of the figure.

That mask also sets very nicely on top of the broad shoulders. The choice of pieces in the back are also nice, and are even reminiscent of classic Bionicle.

The only thing I would change is the skeletal lower torso. The precise pieces to use escape me, but I believe something more "present" and solid should be used to better blend with the rest of the body.

• Upvote 1

pirate wreck  

Impressive design, overall. Heck, it even fits with the whole sealed-in-a-tomb-for-a-bloody-long-time, with the skelechest. I DO have an idea for you're back armor plating to cover that over-dark there...Try tinkering around with the torso enough to fit an inika shoulder armor there. From what I see, thats a 3-stud-or the three-connecting-rod thing, never learned what its called-length. If you mess around right, that COULD become a rather nice little add-on. Would keeppeople from griping on the black, for sure, lawl...So. Well. Even though I am not a fan of gen 2(They are going too fast), its a good build. Besides, fits the gods blasted MoC(OMG My own Creation can also be Mask of Creation, lawl, gg, lego, gg) a lot better than the small-fry nub-protector...

I'm afraid I don't own many G1 parts now, so an Inika shoulderpad is out of the question. That, and the texturing would really clash with everything else on the MOC. That would work on something that isn't CCBS-based, though!

First of all, I love that you made the 016 body function. Plus, I like that you used the blue spikes on the back. I did that with my Ekimu MOC once but wasn't able to pull it off, but you definitely achieved that. 

Thanks! I'm quite fond of the look of the spike pieces, but I rarely use them. I ought to start using them for more things, as they're nice pieces.

The hammer is very simple and graceful. I like how it contrasts with the solid, armored look of the figure.

That mask also sets very nicely on top of the broad shoulders. The choice of pieces in the back are also nice, and are even reminiscent of classic Bionicle.

The only thing I would change is the skeletal lower torso. The precise pieces to use escape me, but I believe something more "present" and solid should be used to better blend with the rest of the body.

Thank you! Again, I'm not really sure what I'd use for the lower torso, as I would really want to keep the trans-light blue look of the original Ekimu.

He looks fantastic, my only gripe is the breastplate.

I really like the hammer design and the spikes coming out of the back. My one suggestion is to change that chestplate. You could change it to 2015 Kopaka's chestplate to have it fit with the color scheme a little bit better.

Again, my Kopaka chestplate is currently in use elsewhere, so this Tahu chestplate was all I had available. 

• 3 weeks later...

This MOC is brilliant-my first conception of Ekimu when I saw him in the animations was as a Toa-sized or larger figure, not equal in stature to the Protectors, and this is an awesome realization of that. I half wonder if the Ekimu set supposedly coming out later this year is going to be more along the lines of this guy.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge