Yoda [BBC #72]

Ghidora131

This is actually really, really good. The colors are spot on, and I love how you added all those tiny details like the pipes and... whatever it is under his robe. Oh, and the robe is fantastic. You really managed to nail the flowing fabric look with constraction parts, and in such a rare color too.

The one thing I am concerned about is the System/Constraction ratio. That head seems pretty system-heavy. Also, the staff looks a little awkward, being so thick and with that big hole in the middle.

• Upvote 2

I must admit, this is quite a good rendition. The colourscheme is perfect, and the part usage is quite clever. The hands seem a little weird, but apart from that you've definitely captured the look of Yoda quite well.

That said, I do share Click's concerns regarding the parts ratio and the head, although I guess that's ultimately up to the judges to decide. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

oh dang

Props for working in that olive green, I wasn't sure there was even enough of that color for something like this to be feasable. Excellent work here. The shaping of the face must have been quite difficult.

• Upvote 1

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

Ghid.... Ghiddy.... This is by far the best entry I've seen yet! You've managed to capture the look of Yoda so well, I can almost guarantee it will have my vote when the time comes! Color is spot-on, and the head is great! I love how you even managed to capture the look of grey hair in his ears. :P I, too, was a bit concerned by the system/technic ratio, but after looking at the gallery, I can see just how little of the build really is system. I'm not too worried about the look of the staff, since he basically was just using a gnarled old root he picked up on Dagobah, so the odd shaping feels appropriate. You managed to pull this off very well, and I wish you the best of luck in the contest, my friend!

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Whoa, great job on the robe. Actually made it look flowy. Awesome work!

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Ghid.... Ghiddy.... This is by far the best entry I've seen yet! You've managed to capture the look of Yoda so well, I can almost guarantee it will have my vote when the time comes! Color is spot-on, and the head is great! I love how you even managed to capture the look of grey hair in his ears. :P I, too, was a bit concerned by the system/technic ratio, but after looking at the gallery, I can see just how little of the build really is system. I'm not too worried about the look of the staff, since he basically was just using a gnarled old root he picked up on Dagobah, so the odd shaping feels appropriate. You managed to pull this off very well, and I wish you the best of luck in the contest, my friend!

Thanks for the support!

The biggest issue with the head was Yoda's nose. It's really hard to get good pieces in that colour.

Hmmm. In the system limit, I am. No attention, pay to the bricks on my face. Vote you shall...

<_<

Whoa, great job on the robe. Actually made it look flowy. Awesome work!

The only reason I didn't give him a back to the cape is because I would have needed a system attachment, and I couldn't add anymore of that.

• Upvote 1