New LEGO Bionicle Accessory Pack Appears on Brickset

A new Bionicle accessory pack has appeared in the Brickset database. Its five pieces include the Mask of Creation, a piece of fabric resembling a tattered shawl decorated with Okoto glyphs, and three pieces to attach it to a CCBS shell. An included reversible poster shows the shawl attached to the left shoulder of Tahu - Uniter of Fire. It's not clear just yet when, where, or how this accessory pack will be released, but be on the lookout for it in the coming year!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

I want it too. Including the Mask of Creation is kind of lame, since I'll be buying Ekimu soon enough so a second Mask has no purpose. But that shawl! It reminds me of the ponchos used in Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia. Suddenly the Ancient City reminds me of Machu Pichu; or El Sagrado Ciudad de los Quilmes in Argentina. Heck Yes!!

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Neat! I wonder if this is going to be the kind of polybag they sell in stores or the kind given only in special promotions. I'm hoping for the former, simply because that would be such an easy way to get several Masks Of Creation, as well as that neat cape/cloak/shawl/thing. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

It's an arm-cloth? An oversized armband?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This seems like a pretty neat polybag.  I like the patterns on the cloth.  Hopefully it's more like the Hero Pack than the Villain Pack, in terms of availability. 

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

The cloth does look really cool. And having another Mask of Creation would be sweet too. That being said, this doesn't interest me enough to get on its own. The only way I would probably get it is either if it were given out like the Hero Pack or I just stumbled upon it in a store and had a few spare bucks to get it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I love polybags and I still haven't gotten my hands on the Mask of Creation, so this is some pretty cool news for me. I like the cloth covering-- the look of that pattern isn't like anything we've ever really seen before in BIONICLE. Makes the MoC seem like it really is a precious artifact that needs to be kept "under wraps." :)

What intrigues me more is the strange disk included in the set. 

I noticed that too, I think it's just a poorly-chosen way to highlight the instructions/poster included. Besides, a disk isn't accounted for by the piece count (which is 5 - the cape, three System parts, and MoCr).

IetTsFQ.png

Well that's certainly different. I'd even pick one up just for the novelty of it... If it got released here, and since the last one didn't... Eh, I hope it does. It's neat enough.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

While this looks really cool, I do have to point out that the Mask of Creation at the top right of the image is the same as the one on the box art.  This leads me to somewhat doubt that this is real.  Where was it found before it popped onto Brickset?

The Hero Pack had the preliminary Mask of Creation on the packaging, so it's not unprecedented to recycle assets or use old things.

(I think a fake would just use the actual assets anyway, since they're not very hard to come by.)

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

The ol' scarf in a polybag trick. Wait....that's a pretty new trick. Looks like I'm gonna get a few of these!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

While this looks really cool, I do have to point out that the Mask of Creation at the top right of the image is the same as the one on the box art.  This leads me to somewhat doubt that this is real.  Where was it found before it popped onto Brickset?

The Hero Pack had the preliminary Mask of Creation on the packaging, so it's not unprecedented to recycle assets or use old things.

(I think a fake would just use the actual assets anyway, since they're not very hard to come by.)

True, but why would LEGO, who has the official MoCr image, use the picture they just took for the polybag image?

I see what you are saying, though.  By the way, I HOPE this is real, as I want that scarf thing. :P  Another MoCr would be welcome as well. ;) ^_^

~Daler

I want it too. Including the Mask of Creation is kind of lame, since I'll be buying Ekimu soon enough so a second Mask has no purpose. 

Actually, you could use it as decorative shoulder armor, one mask on each side--give a MOC a very regal look. I've been toying with that same idea for a while now. :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I want it too. Including the Mask of Creation is kind of lame, since I'll be buying Ekimu soon enough so a second Mask has no purpose. 

Actually, you could use it as decorative shoulder armor, one mask on each side--give a MOC a very regal look. I've been toying with that same idea for a while now. :)

"True dat." I also realized later today that a second mask would look great as ornamentation for a System style Lego build. Imagine Ekimu's forge with an emblem of the Mask of Creation hanging above it.

But it is mostly the shawl that looks cool to me, I now imagine all the Toa as Gauchos drinking Mate, eating Empanadas, and watching reruns of El Chavo del Ocho on their T.V.

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

That pack contains some sweet content. Of course, it would have been cool with any Bionicle G2 action figure set would contain a cloth piece. This one looks cool, and I like the idea that it previews the 2016 sets by using a new poster. I also like the idea of the Mask of Creation being in the new pack. Boy, if I have that pack, I could use to give a Protector set that cloth piece to reflect the webisodes.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I wouldn't get too excited about this, remember that pedestal with a golden skull mask? It was exclusive to Russia and buying it from a second hand source was put of the question.

Knowing how Lego handled their previous bionicle poly bag, they'll probably make it exclusive to a specific place like Easter Island.

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 2 weeks later...