Mafia - Heist of the Centuries

Nato G

Alright, doesn't look like we'll be getting anyone else. Signups are officially closed.

I'll be sending out role PMs shortly. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, PM's have all been sent, so let's kick things off: 

Day 1 – The Grand Opening.

In the dying afternoon light, the gilded golden doors of the Great Artakha Gallery at last spilled open, the two Security Guards beckoning groggily for the gathered arrivals to make their way inside.

The crowd of Guests – Po-Matoran sculptors, Le-Matoran inventors, Ta-Matoran mask makers, and other artists from all regions and walks of life – surged up the stairs, eager to get the first glimpse of the greatest collective artistry showcase in the entirety of the Matoran Universe.

But not all of them were interested in the festivities.

The rookie Private Investigator trudged up the steps, completely lacking the excitement and enthusiasm displayed by those around him. His dour expression and sluggish movements made it pretty clear that he didn’t want to be here. But his parents had insisted that an uncultured swine such as himself would benefit from attending such a prestigious ceremony, so here he was… 

In stark contrast, the Medic shoved and jostled through the crowd, seeming almost murderously intent on getting inside and witnessing the splendour that awaited within. He was off-duty, after all, so the people he trampled weren’t his problem. Flashing his invitation in the guard’s lopsided faces, he rushed in through the gleaming doors.

One guest in particular seemed unusually stoic as he made his way up the stairs, flanked by a strangely wobbly Vortixx in a long black cloak. “Who’s that?” one of the guards asked as the Vengeful Artist sauntered up to the doorway.

“That’s my plus one,” he answered coldly, presenting his invitation for inspection. Despite the fact that the Vortixx seemed to have six very short arms, the guards nodded and let the duo pass, although too slowly to stop the artist from bumping roughly into them both as he shoved his way past them. Once inside, the Vortixx threw off his cloak, revealing himself not to be one Vortixx, but three Matoran Assassins balancing on each other’s shoulders.

“Nice place,” The Pyro joined them. He’d acquired an invitation through his own means, although no one had been brave enough to ask how. Given that the invite he’d shown to the guards had been both splattered with blood and singed almost beyond recognition, the details were no doubt extremely unpleasant. He clicked his lighter on and off a few times, then lit a cigarette, “Can’t wait to see it go up in smoke.”

Next to enter were the three thieves, each bearing their own invitation. The Inside Man was a personal friend of… well, pretty much everyone, and his invitation had been a gift from the Gallery’s founder. The Art Forger, as one would expect, had masterfully created a fake invite, while the Con Artist had done what he did best, and swindled someone into giving him theirs. The guards waved the trio inside without any trouble, and they quickly mingled with the crowds, waiting for the right moment to make their move.

“You need to call this madness off before it’s too late,” The Eccentric implored, making his way inside and tugging furiously at the coat sleeves of The Curator. “Please!” The Curator ignored the crazed artist, focusing instead on The Critic, who was staring intently at the artworks displayed in the foyer, their expression growing increasingly puzzled. They turned to glare suspiciously back towards The Curator, but the fancily dressed Matoran had already vanished into the crowd.

With everyone now inside, the two guards closed the doors. It wouldn’t be until a while later that they’d notice their keys were gone. The grand opening had begun, but with everyone locked inside and killers on the loose, it would soon come to a very unpleasant end. 

Night roles have 24 hours to send in their targets, if they haven't already. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 10

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I Wonder why they did so?

In all seriousness though, that is a really horrible idea if they did that in public.

These security guards seem rather bad at noticing odd things.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were playing a mafia game here. 

I sincerely apologise, and will do my utmost to be bland, boring and realistic from here on out. 

• Upvote 2

blunt and rude

Hm... I thought I was being quite polite, actually... 

I'm sorry

I sincerely apologise

:P

• Upvote 6

Apologies for the delay, was out Christmas shopping. But, without further ado, here is night one!

Night 1 – The Bloodbath Begins.

The opening gala slowly dragged on, evening fading into night. The guests and other visitors mingled, discussing their artwork, their careers, and the lavishness of the gallery itself. It wasn’t until long past midnight that things started to take a turn for the worse.

Muttering cryptic gibberish, Dio Brando sat down in a near-empty room, away from most the others. His head ached, visions swirling through his mind and making his surroundings blur. All he could see clearly was the canvas before him, and his brush moved almost of its own accord as he tried to fill that canvas with the image of what was to come. Death was coming. Death, in the shape of a vicious assassin who hid behind the guise of a dark villain, and wielded a blade of ruby light…  

Across the room, Ghidora stood snickering before a canvas of his own, scrawling a nightmarish painting of fire, and chaos, burning and madness. But his laughter was short-lived, as a gout of flame abruptly enveloped Dio Brando, and the thrashing, wailing Matoran fell screaming to the floor.

Before he could even think to run, he was shoved roughly from behind, his face being slammed forward onto his own upraised paintbrush. He collapsed onto his canvas and slumped face-first onto the ground, blood and brains mingling with the still-wet paint.

The assassin and pyro were quick to flee the scene, and were long gone by the time someone smelled the smoke and discovered the bodies…

“Clearly, the victims had time to paint their attackers,” the detective said decidedly, after taking time to secure the crime scene and review the evidence, “Which means it was you, Burnmad, who murdered Ghidora!”

“But… we were together almost all evening…” Burnmad replied pointedly, “…you were talking with me and the others the whole time! I’m not a killer, just a regular guest!”

“Karz, you’re right,” the detective conceded, “But that means… Ghidora’s painting was a forgery!”

“Then who was the killer?” asked fishers.

“I don’t know,” fishers replied, “But I didn’t see Nik the Three around anywhere while the killings were going on!”

“Wait, he’s not the killer! He was with me and all of those other people who got food poisoning,” the medic jumped in, “I was looking after him, but, ah, the other guys didn’t make it…”

While everyone else argued, the Critic strolled purposefully through the crowd, glaring intently at every person he passed. There was something very wrong in this gallery, he was sure of it, and that was before people had started getting killed. That karzing Curator had a lot to answer for...

He stopped briefly to size up Taka Nuvia, but with his keen eyes detecting no hint of makeup or wig or disguise, he realised she was just another regular guest, and continued on his way…  

The victims:

• Ghidora, The Art Forger – plants a fake clue in every scene implicating a player of their choosing – killed by assassin, night one. 
  • Dio Brando, The Eccentric - inspired by mysterious visions, they paint a cryptic clue each night implicating the real killer. However, they are not aware of the killer’s identity – incinerated by pyro.
  • The Seven Nulls – died of food poisoning, night one.

The Suspects:

• The Chef.
  • Kylo Ren.
  • Xaeraz.
  • ShadowVezon.
  • Quisoves Potoo.
  • Festivescore.
  • Toa Onaku.
  • Tiragath.
  • Korkoa.
Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 7

Hm.

The Eccentric death points towards Kylo Ren (Visage of a villain/Blade of ruby red light...so that's obvious) and I'm not quite sure what Ghidora's "planted" one is...

Unless the eccentric death is the planted clue. After all, it's incredibly obvious (A bit too obvious) whereas what Ghidora was making doesn't immediately spring a connection in my mind.

or it was written like that explicitly to make us think that kylo ren is the false clue, and that ghidora's is the true one, where the false clue is ACTUALLY the one ghidora made, and ToaD's clue was actually ToaD's clue.

i'll just hold my vote off for now.

EDIT: Wait, just looked at Korkoa's avatar. that's a thing on fire. Maybe that's who the planted clue is linked to?

Edited by Joseph Joestar
  • Upvote 5

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Admittedly, I'm kind of disappointed that both The Eccentric and Art Forger got killed so soon.

Or maybe Ghidora is just really fragile? I recall he died from being shoved into a windmill a few games back. 

Clearly, whoever did it then did it here too, with their silly augmented strength.

Actually... pretty sure it was me who did it that time... 

Yeah, I'm kind of upset these roles are gone too, they looked interesting...

As far as the clues go, I'll be the first to profess my innocence, my avatar has no blades to speak of. I think Kylo Ren is a better choice than me, and that's not just because I don't feel like dying just yet.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

I don't normally use this abbreviation, but I can't think of anything better to say.

ROFL

So, the Kylo Ren clue is obviously a bluff, of some sort. The question is, what sort? Could it fit someone else, as well?

EDIT: Windmills! Where?!

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

The chef thing was a joke. I needed an excuse for killing off the nulls, and food poisoning was the first thing that came to mind. 

Also, since I've just realised I didn't clarify this in the scene post, I kinda got lazy and combined the suspect lists for the assassin and the pyro. The two people who get the highest amount of votes will both be lynched. 

... Hey, have we talked about this yet?

“I don’t know,” fishers replied, “But I didn’t see Nik the Three around anywhere while the killings were going on!”

Is that a typo? A clue? The Curator? Is Fishers just crazy? :P

• Upvote 2

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

... Hey, have we talked about this yet?

Or bi-locating.

So, as I see it, the Kylo Ren clue refers to either to Neo ShadowVezon, a dark villain (of sorts,) albeit one lacking anything resembling a lightsabre, or Festivescore, who would be apposite in dressing as a Star Wars character.

gZsNWyr.png

The tally so far...

• The Chef. 
  • Kylo Ren.
  • Xaeraz.
  • ShadowVezon. x1.
  • Quisoves Potoo.
  • Festivescore.
  • Toa Onaku. x1. 
  • Tiragath. x1. 
  • Korkoa.

Now, to address a few things:

whereas what Ghidora was making doesn't immediately spring a connection in my mind.

Ghidora was trying to frame Burnmad, hence the reference to "burning madness" in my rushed type/paint job. Since the detective coincidentally also chose to target Burnmad for this scene, he was obviously exonerated of being the killer.

Because of that, I admittedly didn't put as much effort into describing the fake painting. 

I vote Nato

While you are allowed to vote outside of suspect lists, you unfortunately can't vote for me. 

All of the above. 

• Upvote 3

The tally so far...

• The Chef. 
  • Kylo Ren.
  • Xaeraz.
  • ShadowVezon. x1.
  • Quisoves Potoo.
  • Festivescore.
  • Toa Onaku. x1. 
  • Tiragath. x1. 
  • Korkoa.

Now, to address a few things:

whereas what Ghidora was making doesn't immediately spring a connection in my mind.

Ghidora was trying to frame Burnmad, hence the reference to "burning madness" in my rushed type/paint job. Since the detective coincidentally also chose to target Burnmad for this scene, he was obviously exonerated of being the killer.

This isn't obvious. The OP says nothing about the Detective, save that he investigates a player nightly. Not that I'm unhappy with less decoy malarkey to deal with, mind you. It would have been a pain, attempting to determine the motivations of at least three individuals each night, in addition to finding the clues in the first place. But I do like everything that isn't deliberately hidden (as your rules allow for) spelled out in the OP.

gZsNWyr.png

Hm, you make a fair point. I hadn't thought about it that way. 

• The Chef. 
  • Kylo Ren.
  • Xaeraz.
  • ShadowVezon. x1.
  • Quisoves Potoo.
  • Festivescore.
  • Toa Onaku. x2. 
  • Tiragath. x1. 
  • Korkoa.

You know, sometimes a clue is just that: a clue, not a bluff or a double bluff or a triple bluff or a quad bluff or a quintiple bluff.  Speaking of quintiple things, we still haven't accomplished a quintiple hang, and this time, there are EIGHT suspects! We can have a DOUBLE QUAD HANG! 

Therefore, I vote Festivescore. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.