LEGO CEO Thinks Adults Should Play at Work

If you're on BZPower it probably means you're familiar with the term AFOL - Adult Fan of LEGO - and those of us who identify as AFOLs obviously still love playing with little plastic bricks. But in a recent Huffington Post article, we see that LEGO CEO Jorgen Vig Knudstorp thinks all adults can benefit from playing with LEGO, even at the office. The story goes on to discuss the advantages that encouraging creativity and imagination can have in the workplace, rather than treating everything as serious business. It's an interesting read and one that's worth checking out. Now if only I can convince my boss that this is a good idea...

View the full article

• Upvote 5

Preach, brother!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I completely agree with this and can give a prime example with myself.

Late October, during my most recent underway, I brought a number of Mixels in my baggage and kept them in my rack.  Several times during my off-watch time, when there was no other training going on, I would take one of the sets to Crew's Mess and sit down for a little while as I went about and built the set.  I did recieve a number of weird looks at times, mostly at the thought that I brought a toy on board; but it did not take long for a number of the senior crew members to come around and remark about how they like to build with LEGO sets and what I was doing was a novel idea.

My reason was that it was just good for me to reset my mind before going to my next watch.  I am certain that animation studios could benefit greatly from sitting around and playing with a toy with near limitless capabilities as they work.

• Upvote 4

Back in school, I couldn't work unless i could draw. Sure it would take me a little longer to do work, but I did tend to get A's and B's in my classes (save homework, that stuff held me back even when I protested it all as an unnecessary burden). It provided me a nice little distraction for my mind to relax and shortly get back to work with often times new angles. Same thing with Lego sets/pieces. Just don't give them a bucket full of pieces or you'll end up with the picture above ( :P ), a small set should apply (or in my case of doodles, don't get too distracted and sketch out a 'masterpiece' the whole entire time).

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...