I'm gonna be boring n say that it's either running on the old Bionicle rule of "only toa/legnedary figures can use the power" OR

it could just be really really taboo for a normal ol villager to wear a sacred object like that, OR

extending off the first one, it might actually be impossible to wear an elemental mask of such power, they might just get fried like an indiana jones villain. o:

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Masks in G2 don't make sense, as has been said, Ekimu and Makuta can use masks, but perhaps they are 'above' regular Okotans. The Protectors also each have their masks which (I think) they use for terraforming their regions, so perhaps they could use a gold mask, but I guess if they could they probably would, same for the regular Okotans. Makes you wonder what regular masks, such as those the Toa wear on their arrival, actually do, and how Ekimu's masks can be better than Makuta's when everyone wears the same mask.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

They could probably boost their own elemental powers, but it would be too much for them and they would either suck at controlling them or get killed trying to contain them. *shrugs*

The rules on masks were never explained, except that you can't make one with more than a single element. I also hate that the story will never bother to explain why everyone loves Ekimu's masks, but hates Makuta's masks.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Probably nothing. 

I think the reason that they didn't is that the masks were too hard to get to for one single Protector, so they didn't go to them. Plus they probably didn't want to mess with the Prophecy of Heroes. Too risky. 

Also, we can't assume that the Protectors didn't try your suggestion and find the Golden Masks unsuitable or dangerous. Maybe Ekimu used his mask-o-pathy to tell them to take them off, which might be how old Narmoto found out that little detail. Or maybe Protectors using the Golden Masks wasn't enough to stop the Skull Spiders - they needed something better. That's probably the most likely thing. 

According to "Iquote of Lost Masks", they can't wear them, but it never says why. My guess is they explode :D

Or get this horrible and vicious ice cream headache for hours afterwards.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

They could probably boost their own elemental powers, but it would be too much for them and they would either suck at controlling them or get killed trying to contain them. *shrugs*

The rules on masks were never explained, except that you can't make one with more than a single element. I also hate that the story will never bother to explain why everyone loves Ekimu's masks, but hates Makuta's masks.

I do believe the videos just say that Ekimu's masks were prized more than Makuta's, not that they hated Makuta's masks. There's no accounting for taste, but maybe Ekimu was the more skilled craftsman. Isn't there a G2 Ask topic on the LMB? If so, why not head over there, ask, and share what you get with the rest of us? Might make for an interesting discussion topic =)

Seeing how Ekimu was apparently the one to give the Prophecy of Heroes (?) and seems to know a lot about both the Toa and (of course) Masks, it is possible that the masks were made specifically for the Toa and not usable by anyone else... this is me assuming Ekimu made the Golden Masks. I ought to know this :V

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

According to "Island of Lost Masks", they can't wear them, but it never says why. My guess is they explode :D

Really guys, it's okay! Watch!

Don't do it!

GAAAAHHHHHH

JERRY NO

"I'm Takua, and this is wearing a Mask of Power!"

​"This is a horrible idea"

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

It's possible that mask powers take training and practice to use, the more powerful the mask the more practice it takes, so Ekimu or Makuta, who would have the most experience, would be able to use their powerful masks, when ordinary villagers, who have almost no experience, couldn't use a mask power.  The Protectors might have some experience, so be able to use powers, but not necessarily on the power level of the golden masks, so nothing would happen.

I think the masks were made specifically FOR the Toa, so a protector wouldn't have the ability or mental focus to harness the power of the golden masks. 

Or maybe something cool happens like they wear it and the power consumes them because they are not strong enough.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

i think if a villager wears a mask the mask become corrupt like with the skeleton guys and starts making them become more and more evil

Welcome back.

----

I like the fwoom theory, but elementally aligned. The Mask of Fire makes them go *fwoosh*, but the Mask of Ice freezes them from the inside, and the Mask of Stone petrifies them.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

i think if a villager wears a mask the mask become corrupt like with the skeleton guys and starts making them become more and more evil

Welcome back.

----

I like the fwoom theory, but elementally aligned. The Mask of Fire makes them go *fwoosh*, but the Mask of Ice freezes them from the inside, and the Mask of Stone petrifies them.

nice to be back

• Upvote 1

Well based off of how simple the G2 story is, I'm gonna say they blow up. (JK) In all seriousness it might result in them becoming Toa/Masters/Uniters/Whatever. That would be kinda cool to see in the animations.Although aren't the Protectors more like the Turaga not Matoran? 

Edited by Dark Hunter Drift

Welcome back.

----

In that case, it's almost a good thing they don't have an Air element- that would easily be the most violent death, though jungle could be pretty nasty too...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Welcome back.

----

In that case, it's almost a good thing they don't have an Air element- that would easily be the most violent death, though jungle could be pretty nasty too...

What about masks that don't use elemental powers? Imagine somehow killing yourself through your uncontrolled and boosted strength or smashing your head on a wall because you failed to brake.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Or getting blasted into space via Levitation power. Or suffocating because your shield blocked off the air around you. Or being driven to madness from being able to see the workings of the internal organs of everyone within a hundred mile radius, even with your eyes closed (ala what happened to G1 Gali on Voya Nui) Or having your lungs collapse and your cells rupturing from excess oxygen when all you wanted to do was breathe underwater...

...it's possible that I have a little too much fun thinking about these things...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Well for an anticlimactic approach we could go with the simple, "It just won't work approach" kind of like when Takanuva tried to put the Avohkii on Takua's face in the Toa Empire Dimension; with Takua complaining he is being smothered to death.

Or we can do this the violent way, with a villager putting on the Mask of Creation and his body exploding in a Big Bang, creating a pocket dimension of worlds without end from the displaced material of his scattered body...

Sounds fun either way :)

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Or we can do this the violent way, with a villager putting on the Mask of Creation and his body exploding in a Big Bang, creating a pocket dimension of worlds without end from the displaced material of his scattered body...

New connection theory; the G1 universe is the remnants of the last Protector to wear the Mask of Creation!

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1