Happy Holidays, Tahu3.0

Chip Wiseman

Big thanks to the recipient, Tahu3.0, for letting me use his characters from 'Back to BIONICLE' in this image!

Thanks to the BZPower.com Secret Santa programme, I had an opportunity to create a gift for a real nice guy here on the message boards, Tahu3.0. I wondered what to make for him, so I looked through his post history, and saw that he draws a comic called 'Back to BIONICLE', a thinly-veiled Back to the Future parody with some charming characters. So charming, in fact, that I decided to base my gift to him on these characters.

happy_holidays__tahu3_0_by_chipbiscuit-d

From left to right, we have Tahu 3.0, Hahli 2.0 and 'Doc'. Since Doc hasn't featured since the author started drawing in colour, I had to guess his colour scheme. So, for inspiration, I looked to another Back to the Future parody: Rick and Morty. I think Rick's colours look quite good on Doc, it makes him look like a Ko-Matoran.
Fun fact: This picture is anachronism stew, Hahli 2.0 (and later, Tahu 3.0) lives in 1979, yet she has a class of '81 shirt, and the background picture I used (here) shows a street in the '60s. Continuity!

• Upvote 7

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Doc's tiny mouth disturbs me...

Also, Tahu, you're so... Manly...

Great job on the artwork! Tahu3.0's one of the best blokes I know, and you did a fairly good job of representing his comic.

(also thats totally disneyland in the far back)

Yup, that's Disneyland! That was the best picture of a Christmas-decorated street in the mid-20th-century I could find. Doc's tiny mouth was a product of the really bad drawing habit I have of filling in details before getting general proportions correct, and I suppose the same could be said about manly Tahu :P

Very nice indeed, it adds another perspective to the comics. Using Rick's colors is most creative, however I think "Doc" was intended to be Vakama, sort of a mentor to Tahu. Either way it's a great piece. You can expect a lot of praise from Tahu; he's easily the nicest guy on the site. :P

For some reason, I never even considered that Doc was meant to be a variation of Vakama. The Huna probably should have been the first sign.

Thanks this has been an amazing year and as i said thanks!!! also im thinking of making young Vakama because we will se him more crazy and weird.

Once again, thanks for letting me post this! I look forward to future instalments of your comics!

• Upvote 2

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.