Set Review: 71300: Uxar - Creature of Jungle

Uxar Teaser Image

It's time for another 2016 Bionicle set review. Today BZPower Reporter Xccj glides into the rain forest to check out 71300: Uxar, Creature of Jungle. Is this winged creature worth venturing through the foliage to find, or should he be left to wither on the forest floor? Read on or watch the video review to find out.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I think Lewa and Uxar are my favourite bunch this year. Lewa is already my favourite Toa from what I've seen (I'm not sure why but his mask looks awesome and I even really like the silver on him) but with Uxar's big green wings he gets even better. Thanks for the review and I look forward to Lewa's!

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Great review! Uxar looks much cooler than I originally thought he did. Definitely going to be one of the first creatures I pick up. One question, though:

Although it's dual colored, there are some trans green parts near the bottom of the mask, making me think it's entirely trans bright green with the silver painted on.

I thought all of these head pieces were dual-injected (if that's the term). Is that not the case?

sigbanner.gif

Although it's dual colored, there are some trans green parts near the bottom of the mask, making me think it's entirely trans bright green with the silver painted on.

I thought all of these head pieces were dual-injected (if that's the term). Is that not the case?

Eh, maybe, I'm not 100% sure. What I find odd is that there are obvious bits of trans green at the bottom corners of the helmet, as well as around the nose section. But maybe that's how the dual injection works?

:music:

Eh, maybe, I'm not 100% sure. What I find odd is that there are obvious bits of trans green at the bottom corners of the helmet, as well as around the nose section. But maybe that's how the dual injection works?

Yeah, some random variability is pretty much inevitable with any co-injected/blended parts. The masks from the Protector sets and the golden masks from the Skull Army sets were the same way.

Uxar is my favorite of the creatures from what I've seen. The wings are not as posable as Ikir's, but the overall look is more impressive, IMO. Also, the color scheme feels more organized — Ikir's crystal blade and flame elements don't really match any of the other parts of its build (except the silver hilts of the crystal blades matching its feet), but Uxar's wings are in colors that are repeated throughout the design. It's really nice that the set included some System tiles to add a little bit more detail instead of just leaving the studs of the wings exposed.

It's kind of surprising that the legs and stinger are Dark Stone Grey, since that's a new color for that talon element, and Silver Metallic (as used in last year's Lewa, Skull Scorpio, and Captain Phasma) would have fit the color scheme just as well. It doesn't hurt the color scheme, it just seems like an unusual choice for a recolor. The recolored 4M beams, on the other hand, are VERY appealing both in terms of their MOCing value and the look they give the set. :)

I love Uxar's Bright Yellow accents, and wish the 2016 Lewa had more of them besides just cross axles. The contrast with the green is not quite as striking as Tahu's Dark Azur or Gali's Bright Orange, but it still makes the color scheme a little less mundane and monochrome. It also echoes the Flame Yellowish Orange parts of last year's Lewa and the Protector of Jungle.

Thanks for the review! I look forward to your Lewa review! :D

Out of all the creatures reviewed so far, this one is probably my favorite. I really like how the wings look on it. Plus, it has a lot of green parts. And with green being my favorite color, that is just going to make me like even more. :P 

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Uxar looks very cool! I like his wings. They look cool, too. I like the pieces used for them. They make the wings look an insect's wings because of the transparent pieces.:)

Uxar kind of reminds me of a certain Heartless creature from Kingdom Hearts or that silver monster sun god from Sonic the Hedgehog game in 2006.

However, the legs are weird. I mean, they just look like pointy spikes. Could have looked better if he has bendable legs.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1: "Hollow head"

The hollow heads seriousley annoy me. I know why they did it, although I just don't like it.

2: "Tail and wings attatched to pin, move easily"

Is that a bad thing?

3: "Large wings make it hard to display"

True.

4: "He makes for a cool combo character, but then you need to buy Lewa too"

Like I said on the Lewa review, I agree with this. I wish the Uniters and Creatures were sold together.

2: "Tail and wings attatched to pin, move easily"

Is that a bad thing?

I think he was talking about the blue pins seen here.

Seems like the wings would flop down in several places which could make them irritating to pose.

Oh, yeah, that sounds annoying then.