Exo-Force Revamps

Let me preface this in saying that a good deal of these are made from official models. And yes, I am aware of that.

Anyway. Exo Force was a darn cool line that I unfortunately was too engrossed in Bionicle to fully appreciate at the time. Now the sets are crazy expensive and have all sorts of rare parts that simply aren't available conventionally. That said, most of these can be found in LDD, and so I have lovingly recreated and perhaps even improved upon the overall design of these very cool Machines.

Nd15GoX.png?1

I'm not going to really go over the smaller Battle Machines such as the Sentry and Uplink simply because I didn't change enough to warrant their own sections and frankly the changes made can be summed up in the fact that I used those wonderful small ball joint pieces to give the proper joints, and either added or changed the armor plating.

To start, we have the Gate Defender, which came in the Gate Assault set, and was the human small mech in the set. 

Ozi75aM.png?1

Now the original only had one cannon on the left, and.... well that was it. Hardly befitting the first line of defense if you ask me. So I wen tabout the process of upping the arsenal on Humanity's frontline defender. A gatling gun replaces the right arm, and the left arm cannon got a bit of a boost. Additionally I stuck a couple of missiles on there because I mean really, what sort of mech has no missiles?

Next I worked on possibly the coolest Battle Machine of all, the Grand Titan.

gDea13N.png?1

What a monster this thing is. The claw hand was the biggest challenge, and the most fun part of the build. Those newer sword pieces were just perfect for it, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The gun also got a boost, becoming longer and a bit more serious looking. And of course, I added an additional missile to the shoulder racks. 

After working on that beast, I started on The Stealth Hunter, another standalone Battle Machine with a double sword that I knew was going to be trouble. 

8gjSBqy.png?1

This Flying Machine was a blast, though I did have to replace the awfully designed Cockpit. It just wasn't protective at all. nor was it enclosed, and that didn't make much sense to me, personally, given that it's a flying mech on a tall mountain. Air's gotta be thin up there. A redesigned gun and a blade that worked surprisingly well with Kopaka Nuva's Ice Blades, as well as an extra missile launcher and some missile racks on the wings completed the look of a Battle Machine that sold this line.

From the Stealth Hunter we move to its sister Machine, the Silent Strike, which was included in Sentai Fortress.

m5EdK0X.png?1

This blue Battle Machine was surprisingly different in it's build from Stealth Hunter. Not wanting to Use Kopaka blades a second time, I opted to give it a double trident instead. other than that, a tweaked gun, and a vastly improved cockpit design, there's not much to say about this Battle Machine.

Finally, we have the last Human Battle Machine, and my least personal favorite, the Supernova.

39cASJd.png?1

For a standalone Machine, this particular model was by all accounts a rehashed Silent Strike. The arm design, the taller torso, the legs with the little turbines, the fact that I could use the exact same cockpit design as the Silent Strike. All in all it just felt.... cheap. The Trident was really cool though, and...well that's about all I can say that's positive on the subject. I changed the quad lasers to gatling guns, and used a less silly gun design. I did however forget to put missiles.

Next we move to the Robot side of the Mountain, with the Fire Vulture.

C4FWO2i.png?1

A very cool design, this one, I hardly changed a thing. I did rework the Flamethrower so it made a bit more sense and used those new claws for the hooks. A couple of missiles later and some filled in gaps and we have ourselves one killer Mech.

Rounding off the whole lot is what I believe to have been the worst designed mech ever. The Thunder Fury.

tp2Po0i.png?1

I actually had the official set for this, and it was full of gaps, had weird, blocky angles that made no sense, it was horrendously front heavy, and just didn't look good. So I over hauled the ever living out of it. I started with that chest because dear lord was that chest a mess. Now it flows and actually looks like a complete plate, rather than jutting out unexpectedly. The gatling I replaced with dual machine guns, because to be perfectly honest, the gatling just stuck out and looked fairly awkward. The Ion Cannon got a slight redesign since having an energy weapon with a clip just seemed silly to me. Finally, I had to change the power saw to a more buzz saw like contraption because that Vahki blade just doesn't exist in LDD and there weren't any suitable replacements.

And that's a wrap! Feel free to leave feedback in the form of votes, comments with criticism or heck, PM me if it strikes your fancy!

• Upvote 5