Protecting the Suva Line Art

Soran

Howdy,

Soran here. This is some line art for a picture I made about a year ago. I never got around to coloring it. 

protecting_the_suva_line_art_by_soarinsk

Protecting the Suva

The whole idea behind this picture was that it was going to depict a Toa of Iron protecting a Toa Suva in the background behind him. He's got a Kanohi Volitak and a set of claws. I suppose now since I never drew the suva in the background that it could just be any kind of toa attacking or protecting whatever. Who knows?

At the time I remember that I was trying to draw the Toa Metru body in some dynamic poses. In the end I remembered the issue with the Toa Metru bodies which were the really awful arms. They make for very awkward looking poses as you can tell by the left arm in the picture. I tried to fix it with the right arm which I think I did fairly well at. Of course this drawing was using the Toa Metru sets as a reference as at the time I had not truly decided on drawing up my own unique design for a toa. I drew it on a transparent layer so if anyone feels inclined they can color it. 

I think in the end the drawing turned out okay. There are definitely some issues with it but I don't think they take away from the drawing too much. I don't remember how long it took to draw it but I know I drew it on my track pad using GIMP. Anyway, that's about it. Enjoy I suppose.

Comments and Critique are welcome and appreciated.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 9
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love drawings in this detailed style, the same used from 2008 on in the comics. Would love to see this colored, even if only flat colors. The lineart is very precise and accurate, it must take a lot of time to draw like this. The metru chest is my favourite, it's the most proportioned so far (of course some tweaks have to be made to make the arms poseable).
Keep up the good work!

hidron_nuva_idea.png