Set Review: 71303 Ikir - Creature of Fire

71303_Ikir-Creature_of_Fire_Review_tease

It's time for another Bionicle 2016 set review! Today BZPower Blog Leader DeeVee takes a look at 71303 Ikir - Creature of Fire. As one of the smaller sets, it will have to be pretty great to justify a purchase. Will Ikir flap its wings and fly through your window into your collection? Or will it be a lame duck sitting on the shelf? Read on to check out our review and find out!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Ikir is nice, although its color scheme is not as unified as Uxar's, in my opinion. It frustrates me that the bright orange crystal blades don't match either the Tr. Flu. Reddish Orange accents or the Tr. Red/Tr. Yellow flame pieces. This is a problem on both Ikir and Tahu. I know they can't be a perfect match in terms of transparency due to them being molded in soft polypropylene rather than hard polycarbonate, but they could at least match better in terms of hue. The crystal blades on Lewa/Uxar, Pohatu/Ketar, Gali, and Kopaka appear to match the sets' other colors a lot better.

Overall, I think Uxar pulls off the "flying creature" vibe better than Ikir, but perhaps once I have the sets I will feel differently. Ikir's extra wing and talon articulation could help swing things in its favor.

These small sets are looking better and better after each review I read. Ikir in particular looks really cool, especially with his wings and color scheme. It's a shame that his back is kind of bland though, but I guess its understandable with its gear function and all.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm really liking the function and color-scheme for Ikir. The only complaint I've got is about the new blade piece not really matching with the rest of the main set model. Apart from that, though, I'll have to agree that this is a great small set. I'll probably unite Ikir with Pohatu once I get him just to see if they can pull off a Banjo-Kazooie vibe.

1: "Chunky Technic construction"

Yeah, I wish they did something to cover it up.

2: "Simpler Shadow Trap than others"

Eh, I don't much care for the ST's, as much as I do the sets.

3: "Less new parts than other creatures"

Seeing as I'm no longer a MOCist, this doesn't bother me too much.