Set Review: 71308 Tahu - Uniter of Fire

I seriously disagree with the cons, "bad chest design"...? Are you serious? How so?!?! "visually messy"... Yeah, only to people who can't squint their eyes or have any amount of fair criticism for ANYTHING. (ever heard of blue fire!?!?,or have you ever seen fire to begin with!?!?) "visually messy" my foot! feh, can we get some people (like me) who actually have an artists eye and can see the prettiness in things that may seem overbearing? maybe!?!

More of this ^

Less of sour reviewers and people who complain too much and can only bad mouthing Tahu. He is great! Deal with it.

"More people who agree with me, fewer people who exercise critical thinking and form their own opinions of things."

• Upvote 6

"Exercise critical thinking" yeah, I think you mean "adding to the band waggon of selfish greedy wining babies who want what they want, when they want it, and they only want it that way, and that's it"

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

No, I mean looking at a set and honestly asking yourself if you like it. I know DeeVee. If there is one thing I can never see that man do, it's jump on a bandwagon. He says what he thinks, not what others want to hear. I guarantee you, he actually dislikes this set.

You're just caught up in the idea that anyone who thinks a set you like doesn't actually understand it, when it's entirely possible for people to dislike a thing you like. The point of a set review is not to spit out what readers want to hear, it's for the reviewer to give their honest opinion. That is what DeeVee has done, and that is what you wish to villify, simply because you can't understand the idea of someone disagreeing with you for valid reasons.

• Upvote 6

I just feel that it needs to show a little in Tahu's arms, on the creature, or not at all.  Right now it doesn't flow right to me.  The distribution just isn't there.

Maybe silver would work?  It might balance out the red/silver mask better.

Oh well, it doesn't matter LEGO made it dark Azure blue so that's what it is.  Other than the blue and the red/silver mask I think he looks great and I will be buying him.

On another note this conversation has given me some interesting ideas.  I would really like to see some Toa that aren't stereotype colors.  Like a Toa of fire who's fire is blue.  Maybe when I get Tahu I'll switch the colors to blue just to see what it would look like. 

DeeVee's photography can flatter any set - but the fact that I know that the parts are orange really takes away from it. The character just looks like a big bulky mass - a less effective work of 2015's Onua. The idea that he's supposed to combine with Ikir and fly doesn't seem possible from the set itself. He doesn't look friendly like 2015 Tahu, he comes across as an aggressive bully. 

The big assets from this set seem to be the mask and the trans-orange parts, but I already have said trans-orange from 2015 Tahu and Skull Grinder, so I'm not sure why I'd go for this one...