Any Mask Makers Out There?

Dallior

Hello again, BZPeople. I remember back in the days of yore, there were many people creating real life Kanohi for wear by us humans. 

So, I was wondering if anyone still does that today. I need a black Pakari, and I was wondering if someone here could make it for me without me having to make it myself. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I seem to remember a contest relating to that a few months ago. You can probably ask one of them about how to design one if you've got enough parts. 

You could also get one on shapeways or some other vending website if it's made with a printer. 

bZpOwEr

You rang?

I can't make one for you, but I made that Hau based on a Pepakura papercraft file and I'm pretty sure there's a Pakari file or two out there somewhere.  The full Pepakura program costs money, but the Pepakura Viewer program is free and should be all you need to print an existing file.

(You can take it further by hardening it with resin or fiberglass if you need to, but that adds additional cost and time (and tools) to consider, so may not be worth it.)

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Cardstock, definitely; none of the papercraft models I've seen really take into account the thickness of the material, so something thicker like cardboard might end up looking strange (especially if it's corrugated cardboard, which would also be a real pain to cut and fold properly).  Cardstock is thick enough to make it decently rigid, but thin enough that it shouldn't be a problem for assembly.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Hello again, BZPeople. I remember back in the days of yore, there were many people creating real life Kanohi for wear by us humans. 

So, I was wondering if anyone still does that today. I need a black Pakari, and I was wondering if someone here could make it for me without me having to make it myself. :P

I've made masks before, and have been wanting to try again.

I'd need to go to the store and by some plaster, but I could try.