Slizer/ThrowBot - Rock/Granite

Mate.397

http://orig01.deviantart.net/5a87/f/2015/360/9/2/slizer_throwbot___rock_granite_by_mate397-d9litr6.jpg

A bit after finishing Sub/Scuba I got an idea for this fella, this time the StarCraft Zerg unit Roach was the main inspiration of the general shape. Also added some crystal growth on it to make it look like it's part stone/crystal/ore, also it doesn't have eyes, it's blind. But it has crystal mandibles, small horn on the head and a mole's star nose like growth to feel more sensitively in front of it while digging underground. Though I did integrate some features from my Energy/Electricity revamp into this one, since the two original sets are similar too.

Detail shots:
 http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Granite-Head-580346868
http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Granite-Side-580347028
http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Granite-Back-580347155
http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Granite-Underbelly-580347471
http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Granite-Comparison-580347569

Edited by Mate.397
  • Upvote 6

Very nice.

Please leave a more substantial comment on the MOC next time. -Tufi

Edited by Tufi Piyufi

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

• 2 weeks later...

While the creation itself is well made with its pleasing color scheme and impressive construction, I don't really get any Slizer vibes from it. But that's just me. 

I agree with Doublebee. It's an interesting creation, but there's nothing really Slizer-y about it.

Mind elaborating on that a little please?

Well, from what I see, the head doesn't look like one of the original slizers and it has no way to launch discs, which both separate it from the original slizer feel. The bulky does also come into play, but that is because of your choice of to build the slizer in a more modern design.

Well, from what I see, the head doesn't look like one of the original slizers and it has no way to launch discs, which both separate it from the original slizer feel. The bulky does also come into play, but that is because of your choice of to build the slizer in a more modern design.

You can't seriously expect to do a revamp of something and literally keep everything the way it was, that's not how it works. Sure, I'm aware it can't throw a disk, but that wasn't the only thing it could do, granted the rest of the abilities were only shown on the disks where each could do various things and all that but you get the point. Plus if I'd stick the throwing arms on my revamps it would look ridiculous not to mention breaking the overall flow of the creation, as for the head. While the head piece is iconic for them, no doubt about that, I wanted to give each some personality beyond a single piece with a different colored printed visor as much as possible. Though I did try to make them be alike as best as I could (talking about all the revamps I have thus far) and the only ones that still use the headpiece with the visor are the City/Turbo revamp and the currently still WIP Millennium/Millenia revamp, only reason for that is that there I managed to pull that off without it looking awkward. I still use Slizer/ThrowBot pieces as much as possible as long as it works with the overall build.

• Upvote 2

This looks like it'd be a giant boss in a video game! I consider that a good thing.

Putting that aside, I like how you kept its overall posture while making it bigger than the original set, adding more articulation, and replacing the pickaxes with full-blown limbs. It's also got some character, what with all the trans green, which, by the way, really spices up the color scheme (not that tan and gray are bad together) and makes the MOC more appealing to look at. Good job!

mindeth the cobwebs

This looks like it'd be a giant boss in a video game! I consider that a good thing.

Putting that aside, I like how you kept its overall posture while making it bigger than the original set, adding more articulation, and replacing the pickaxes with full-blown limbs. It's also got some character, what with all the trans green, which, by the way, really spices up the color scheme (not that tan and gray are bad together) and makes the MOC more appealing to look at. Good job!

Now that you mention it, I suppose it could be something from either Borderlands or some other RPG like game.

Where did you get the trans-smoke Bohrok eyes?

Bought them from BrickLink, if you mean a set, I'll be honest I don't know exactly where they originate from

According to Bricklink,

4 in

Droid Gunship

2 in

Highway Transport

6 in

Motor Movers

2 in

Nitro Intimidator

2 in

Race Rider

5 in

Street Bike

2 in

Sunset Speeder

Edited by Give me some sweets please

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Now that you mention it, I suppose it could be something from either Borderlands or some other RPG like game.

Exactly what I was thinking (other than the Borderlands part; I don't play it). It could fit into multiple time periods too, if the universe allows it. It can be in fantasy, modern, and futuristic RPGs or even just action-adventure platformers. Guess that's a minor plus from the revamp. :P

mindeth the cobwebs