Worst Collectible

Fry

At least with zamors you can shoot them and have creative uses with them (the latter is the same for cordak ammunition). The squidsters however, are useless; I feel inclined to say the same about the rhotuka spinners, but at least they can be shot from their launcher with ease.

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Going literally on "collectible", Kraata. Too many, functionally useless, only reason to get them was to get them.

A lot of later things weren't so much collectibles as they were ammo, so they weren't meant to have collectible value, and don't. I think the last thing that could really be called collectibles were the Rhotuka, and only because of the color blends in the packs (which you weren't guaranteed a full set of in one pack).

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

The squid weren't collectibles though, were they? Just ammunition, which you could buy separately. I liked the squid though, they were weird.

I think that Kanoka were the worst collectible. Different numbers...how fun...

I think Squids are considered collectibles because you could buy them on their own, but I do have to agree they are the worst. They look cool, but they fail as a collectible because there isn't much to collect. You have squids in varying shades of yellow-orange, and squids in varying shades of blue-green in the pack. Literally all the other collectibles had more variety. I actually quite liked the Kanoka because of their Metru-specific symbols.
  • Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Squids, probably. I mean, they looked cool, but there was no reason to get multiples of them, since they all look the same, and gosh darn they just don't work. Zamors worked good, at least, and there were a few different colors available.

I think the Kraata were pretty cool collectible-y, though. Different patterns and colors, and even within the same colors there were different blend pattern things.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I don't have a least favorite collectible, but I have a least favorite collectible memory. The stores in my area had just gotten the Kanohi from the first wave of Toa. So I had Dad drive me to ToysRUs I was walking into the Lego aisle and saw a shelf full of them. I get closer and realize every single one was opened, and all the good masks removed. Jerks.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Squids. I like the colors and ideas, but it was so bad. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Of the actually collectible collectibles... Kraata. There were an obscene number of them to collect, even compared to the original Kanohi and Krana. They were mostly two-color blends that sometimes involved colors that weren't even used for other parts, severely limiting their usefulness. And unlike Kanohi and Krana, they might as well be invisible on the sets they belonged to—unlike those earlier collectibles, the only time you would actually see a Kraata was when it was exposed and on its own, since otherwise they were hidden under the Rahkshi's back armor.

An honorable mention goes to Kanoka discs, which instead of appearing in multiple colors, appeared in the same color with one of six printed patterns and a randomized number. Yaaaaaaaaay. <_<

Even if you include later "collectibles" (which were really just ammo packs), those at least had an effect on the look and color scheme of sets and MOCs, which is more than you can say for the Kraata or Kanoka. And you didn't have to buy a ridiculous number of packs for the sake of a complete collection. So I'd probably still rank them higher.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

An honorable mention goes to Kanoka discs, which instead of appearing in multiple colors, appeared in the same color with one of six printed patterns and a randomized number. Yaaaaaaaaay. <_<

Weren't there a set number of disks, though? Like it was 'random' insofar as it was one of what they'd already picked out. Plus, I thought the chance of getting a Great Disk was definitely more fun than the endless Krataa.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Weren't there a set number of disks, though? Like it was 'random' insofar as it was one of what they'd already picked out. Plus, I thought the chance of getting a Great Disk was definitely more fun than the endless Krataa.

I... don't actually know. From what I understood it was "random" in that the three digit number could have any of the three digits could be any one of the values, but I could be completely wrong about that.

Regardless, I disliked them. It didn't matter what the chances of getting a Great Disk were, because the Great Disks sucked. They looked like any of the other disks, with only the numbers on them to set them apart. So much more disappointing than the original Kanohi or Krana, though they edged out the Kraata by virtue of actually being functional and visible on their respective sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

According to BS01 there were 51 disks, "eight from each of the Metru and three other disks".  12 of them being from the Matoran and Vahki, the six Great Disks, and the extra three probably being Nidhiki's and Krekka's and the Disk of Time, the 30 codes listed at the bottom of the page were the only real "random" ones.  Makes sense, because it wasn't just a case of injecting a new color into the same mold, it required an entirely different print, and nearly 400 (6*8*8=384, +6 Great Disks) prints would be quite a lot to do.

(Also, it wasn't just the number that was different, it was also the number of "bars" around the top, which corresponded to the disk's power level; for example, 5.  Still barely a difference, though, as far as collectible variety is concerned.)

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

There were 15 disks you could receive from sets (6 Vahki, 6 Matoran, 2 Dark Hunters, and Vakama) and the Disk Packs contained a totally different set of disks: the Great Disks and one of six or so random disks containing other numbers.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Since everybody has already said the obvious choices, I'd say Kraata. 

The idea is cool, and I like that like the Krana there were different ones for each of the Rahkshi, but did we really need 250?

It's a completionists nightmare.  

• Upvote 1

Zamor and Squid were barely collectible, so I'm going to go with the minority opinion and say that I was totally fine with the Kanoka and totally not fine with the Rhotuka.  At least there was a storyline explanation for the disks and a whole lore about their powers.  The Rhokuta felt like random colours of plastic they had lying around the factory and smushed together to make a quick buck.  It was nice that they have Kanoka club codes and storage holders on the Hordika canisters, but on the whole they were the least satisfying to collect out of everything.

Squids, because they're not just bad collectibles, they're useless. :P

Squids, Rhotuka & Zamors are the worst.

The squidsters however, are useless; I feel inclined to say the same about the rhotuka spinners, but at least they can be shot from their launcher with ease.

Squids, probably. I mean, they looked cool, but there was no reason to get multiples of them, since they all look the same, and gosh darn they just don't work.

They actually can be fired well ^_^ :P:

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 2

~Daler

I'm pretty sure the Kanoka numbers have actual significance. One number is the Metru (1-6), one is ability/property (freezing, reconstitution at random, numbers 1-8, 9 was reserved for the Disk of Time) and one was the power level (1-8, 9 was reserved for the Great Disks). That is coming totally from memory, so it may not be totally accurate.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

The worst collectible masks for G2 Bionicle are all those comic-con exclusive ones, the golden skull mask & the trans-blue mask of water, they're near impossible to collect & are valuables for scalpers to grossly overcharge people for. :P

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The little spinny wheel things. They were just different colors.

At least they WERE different colors, unlike Kanoka discs.

Didn't the Kanoka have little pictures on them tho?

The worst collectible masks for G2 Bionicle are all those comic-con exclusive ones, the golden skull mask & the trans-blue mask of water, they're near impossible to collect & are valuables for scalpers to grossly overcharge people for. :P

Hence, collectibles :o

My least favorite are the Rhotuka.  I liked the squid (mainly because of that one animation with the singing squid), Zamors can be used in anything, Kraata introduced us to all those lovely Rahkshi powers (and I suppose by extension, Corpus Rahkshi), but Rhotuka are just... dumb.  You have to use that special little axle-thing which doesn't attach to ANYTHING else, and use a special little ripcord, and... it's just too dang hard to use on anything other than a Visorak.  Though, granted, the Visorak were kinda cute when they had the cord inside them and it looked like they were sticking their tongues out at something =P

For all the hate the Kanoka are getting, nobody's brought up the original McToran disks.  At least the Kanoka were better than those, the originals didn't glow in the dark.

• Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I agree, I wish Lego would bring back mask packs: those were so fun.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I'm going with the kraata, as I don't consider zamor spheres or squids collectibles as much as I do ammunition. There is a ridiculous number of kraata to collect, and while they can look cool, they don't do much. If you want to use them, you won't even see them in rahkshi shells, unlike krana or kanohi.  Plus, some of the color combinations are...questionable.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

For all the hate the Kanoka are getting, nobody's brought up the original McToran disks.  At least the Kanoka were better than those, the originals didn't glow in the dark.

I personally think the Tohunga disks are better in terms of appearances, because at least they had more variation than just different numbers.

I personally think the Tohunga disks are better in terms of appearances, because at least they had more variation than just different numbers.

How so?  Six different masks versus six different Metru symbols.  I think they both have pretty much the same amount of variation.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

How so?  Six different masks versus six different Metru symbols.  I think they both have pretty much the same amount of variation.

Okay, I wasn't thinking of the symbols, I was thinking of the numbers on their own. Yeah, it's no different from six masks, but I still prefer the Tohunga disks subjectively.