Worst Collectible

Fry

I'll go with the discs here. Squids were bad, but atleast they looked interesting. 

Also, as mentioned above, they were technically ammo rather than collectibles so yeah.

I believe squids are considered collectibles because they could also be purchased alone in supplementary packs.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'll go with the discs here. Squids were bad, but atleast they looked interesting. 

Also, as mentioned above, they were technically ammo rather than collectibles so yeah.

I believe squids are considered collectibles because they could also be purchased alone in supplementary packs.

They would have needed more colors than aqua blue in those supplementary packs, while zamor conveniently existed in all three metallic colors (gold, gunmetal and silver)...squids only had a 30% chance of having a slight misprint/mismold dark shade of orange molded into the rubber. 

The blue squids arent included in any other sets, dont have a storyline significance or mentioned existing in the bionicle universe at all. 

Personally i wonder why the squids didnt have painted-in eyes of some sort, that yellow rubber made it difficult for me to spot the eyes on them. 

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Lol the squids were the worst. I can't do Karz with those blasted pieces of plastic. 

-P146

__________                                                   __                \______   \______  _  __ ___________  _____ _____    _______/  |_  ___________  |     ___/  _ \ \/ \/ // __ \_  __ \/     \\__  \  /  ___/\   __\/ __ \_  __ \ |    |  (  <_> )     /\  ___/|  | \/  Y Y  \/ __ \_\___ \  |  | \  ___/|  | \/ |____|   \____/ \/\_/  \___  >__|  |__|_|  (____  /____  > |__|  \___  >__|                               \/            \/     \/     \/            \/       

.•°•.The Eviscerator.•°•.

They would have needed more colors than aqua blue in those supplementary packs, while zamor conveniently existed in all three metallic colors (gold, gunmetal and silver)...squids only had a 30% chance of having a slight misprint/mismold dark shade of orange molded into the rubber. 

The blue squids arent included in any other sets, dont have a storyline significance or mentioned existing in the bionicle universe at all. 

Personally i wonder why the squids didnt have painted-in eyes of some sort, that yellow rubber made it difficult for me to spot the eyes on them. 

The thing is, squids are one piece. Unless they were going to have eye pieces that were separate from the body piece, they would have to be one color. This is because, aside from melded parts, they don't make multi-color pieces. 

bZpOwEr

Not going to count the ammo packs. Otherwise the answer is obvious. But I never considered them "collectibles."

So I'll give it to the Rhotuka. Just not interesting at all to me and their colors were utterly pointless.

And I'll throw in the Kraata as an honorable mention only. Although their numbers were simply ludicrous, they at least looked pretty cool and had some reason to exist.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 1 month later...

The worst collectible is the fact that there are no collectibles in this new reboot, LEGO now have like 10 times more budget then what they had when they first introduced BIONICLE in 2001, and they still can't make mask packs and such, if they did this for the new reboot I would buy out entire stores inventories of them.

• Upvote 1

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

The worst collectible is the fact that there are no collectibles in this new reboot, LEGO now have like 10 times more budget then what they had when they first introduced BIONICLE in 2001, and they still can't make mask packs and such, if they did this for the new reboot I would buy out entire stores inventories of them.

I'm quite curious where the "ten times more budget" idea comes from, because we haven't heard any such thing. In fact, Lego was not good at budgeting in the early years of Bionicle and they later discovered that the number of new molds in those years was more expensive than they had accounted for. Lego as a whole is certainly in a better financial situation than they were in back in 2001, but a big part of that is due to more efficient business practices—and also, Lego's prominence and number of popular themes today make Bionicle a much smaller piece of the pie than it was back when it was their only successful theme. So it's not safe to extrapolate that Bionicle itself gets a larger budget this time around.

Beyond that, a larger budget does not mean that Lego simply has money to throw away. Collectible packs in G1 were not all that successful. It doesn't matter how much of a budget Lego has; repeating a failed business strategy expecting success would not be a good use of that budget. Lego's strategy for "collectibles" this time around is packaging them into ordinary sets, which doesn't seem to be the worst idea—now, instead of having to buy up blind packaged boxes in the hopes of getting a specific Toa's gold mask, that mask comes with its respective Toa from the get-go. Yes, that means that there is a smaller variety of unique recolored masks, but conversely the masks there are are that much more obtainable—and there are still more unique masks per year than there have been since the end of mask packs back in 2003. That's pretty decent, if I do say so myself.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The other bad collectible is the transparent blue Mask of Water, great Mask: impossible to find :P

Hard to find? Try looking in the last place you had it. That always works for me. :P

:P Says the person who went on the Inside Tour...

I wish mask packs could come back, but if they didn't sell well then, why would they sell now?

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Squids, or as my dad calls them, Snot-Rockets. Completely USELESS.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png