Bzpower Pet Peeves

Dralcax

Posts should only not count in Q&A. I agree that COT should be fair game for the first ten posts, as discussion and friendly debate, which are most important, are present in COT in addition to the Lego forums.

So you're saying that posts should count in, say, the Voting Booth, where most of the responses would count as spam elsewhere? Edited by Phobophobia

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few more peeves:

• [*]Bring Back Bionicle members. Sure, lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for, but this lost cause has been dead for a year. =/

• [*]BBB members thinking that MLP is replacing Bionicle and going to stop Bionicle from returning.

My additional peeves with the ones I said at the beginning of the topic, as well as what Makaru said earlier in the topic.

Regarding your first point, some people love things so much that they will never give up trying to get them back. And no I don't have a 'romantic' relationship with Bionicle. Don't even go there! :PFor your second point, I am the co-founder of the BBBC, and this is news to me.On-topic: People who say Bionicle is dead, implying it will never come back. Who knows what the future will bring?
Nonetheless, your obsession with bringing BIONICLE back has gotten a little far, but I'm not going to go much further than that.You've said it yourself. You said you were afraid that the focus of the site would be shifted to MLP and would overthrow BIONICLE. These are your words, not mine.Anything could happen indeed. Neither of us can prove that it can return or be dead.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Honestly it would have to be some of the people on the site with huge egos or those who display every 'accomplishment' regardless of how small or if anyone cares.~Soran

If this is a crack towards those who have their creations in their sigs, I find this offensive, not to mention hypocritical. I dislike people with huge egos, but people can display their creations if they want to. I find this hypocritical because you are an example of this because you have your comics displayed in your sig. The stories which I display in my sig are to get comments, something that are hard to actually get, let alone deserve. Because it's insanely difficult to obtain respect and compliments here, I have to get to the point of advertising in my sig, which has never worked for me but I try.If these creations appear to you as 'accomplishments', the right word would be 'advertisements'. I do not write to accomplish anything or act like I'm better than anybody else. I write because I like to and because I would like others' opinions on my writings.Unless you actually noticed, the majority of the links in my sig are actually advertising other people's creations. If you consider that egocentric, you obviously are wrong.

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Honestly it would have to be some of the people on the site with huge egos or those who display every 'accomplishment' regardless of how small or if anyone cares.~Soran

If this is a crack towards those who have their creations in their sigs, I find this offensive, not to mention hypocritical. I dislike people with huge egos, but people can display their creations if they want to. I find this hypocritical because you are an example of this because you have your comics displayed in your sig. The stories which I display in my sig are to get comments, something that are hard to actually get, let alone deserve. Because it's insanely difficult to obtain respect and compliments here, I have to get to the point of advertising in my sig, which has never worked for me but I try.If these creations appear to you as 'accomplishments', the right word would be 'advertisements'. I do not write to accomplish anything or act like I'm better than anybody else. I write because I like to and because I would like others' opinions on my writings.Unless you actually noticed, the majority of the links in my sig are actually advertising other people's creations. If you consider that egocentric, you obviously are wrong.
Isn't it quite obvious that he means people who put like 'I reached 1000 posts on Xth of X 20XX' or 'THANKS FOR THE PROTO BOOST I GOT ON Xth of X 20XX'? And what he was saying clearly wasn't direct at you, either. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, YOU KNOW. A little egocentric of you. Unless that was the point and you're trollin', but I don't think you are.- Tilius
Not necessarily, no. I know it isn't all about me, and that he wasn't directing it at me. Perhaps I misinterpreted what he was saying, but you can't get much from text. Neither of us know what the full intention or thought of his post was, so perhaps I'm wrong or you are. And because I'm not a troll (that would be to the point of saying 'U mad bro?' :P), I was irritated because what it appeared as to me was him saying he disliked people who showed links to things they've created, whether it be MOC, art, comics, or stories. In this case, if he was directing it at me (his post was right after mine, which would provoke me into think it was), I was trying to actually explain why I had the links in my sig, and why others did the same.And if your post was meant to be trolling (doubt it was, but I don't know, lol), then you can ignore the above. :P

slipped away...

Yeah, apologies for misinterpretation. I was going to drop it after his reply, seeing as I misinterpreted the post. Sorry, guys.And I agree with Tilius, that is an annoying phrase. Sadly I use it often in arguments, so I'm technically being a hypocrite in this case. :P

slipped away...

I can understand not linking to a video site, but not even being able to mention the popular one by name is sort of inconvenient.I am not sure if this is a problem on the new forums, but there should be a report option for profiles. I once saw a profile that was nothing but hateful attacks on anyone who thought differently than the person to whom the profile belonged.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I'm not a MLP fan, but I don't have a problem with MLP fans. What I do find annoying is the Anti-MLP vs. Anti-Anti-MLP arguments that have flooded much of BZP (especially the blogs). It sometimes seems like more members are engaged in Pony Wars than any sort of lego-related discussion.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I can understand not linking to a video site, but not even being able to mention the popular one by name is sort of inconvenient.I am not sure if this is a problem on the new forums, but there should be a report option for profiles. I once saw a profile that was nothing but hateful attacks on anyone who thought differently than the person to whom the profile belonged.

"Report This Member"It's at the very bottom of profile pages.

:kaukau: Not a whole lot that would count as pet peeves, really, which is one of the reasons why I still visit this site even with Bionicle no longer going. However, I never liked most of the signatures for being so sloppy, and now even sloppier since they changed their policies on banner sizes a while back, which is why I disabled viewing them from my preferences.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh