Bzpower Pet Peeves

Dralcax

What I hate most about BZP is that I can't follow a topic without stumbling upon a group of people arguing about the dumbest thing. Once it was whether or not Raw-Jaw was more like a gorilla or an elephant. Who cares??

The Gorilla Lobbyists. But yeah, it seems like EVERY BZPower topic turns into some kind of argument.
I prefer the word "discussion". :)
Heated discussion? :P
Sometimes. But it is all good until it gets too un-ruley. Then the Staff is applied to maintain control. Also, some Library topics do not foster debate.

A few more peeves:

• [*]Bring Back Bionicle members. Sure, lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for, but this lost cause has been dead for a year. =/

• [*]BBB members thinking that MLP is replacing Bionicle and going to stop Bionicle from returning.

My additional peeves with the ones I said at the beginning of the topic, as well as what Makaru said earlier in the topic.

Regarding your first point, some people love things so much that they will never give up trying to get them back. And no I don't have a 'romantic' relationship with Bionicle. Don't even go there! :PFor your second point, I am the co-founder of the BBBC, and this is news to me.On-topic: People who say Bionicle is dead, implying it will never come back. Who knows what the future will bring?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Pet peeve: Hero Factory, the whole dang concept of it, we build heroes...is really lame...I mean, I know it's basically a dumbed down version of Bionicle that targets an even younger audience..but that's exactly what bothers me about it...I know...I'm 20...I have no right to complain about it anyway, I'm way over the age group for anything Lego. :P But still...it makes me mad that the replacement for Bionicle doesn't compare to it in the slightest.And the sets....don't get me started...but I compared 2001 Bionicle sets to the latest Hero Factory sets, and I can honestly say that the Bionicle sets are way, way cooler looking, and better designed. The Hero factory 'heroes' look like they could put on some weight...and stop using all bright colors...ewww....and their weapons...look like there made of foam..Okay....I'm done ranting now...

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

A few more peeves:

• [*]Bring Back Bionicle members. Sure, lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for, but this lost cause has been dead for a year. =/

• [*]BBB members thinking that MLP is replacing Bionicle and going to stop Bionicle from returning.

My additional peeves with the ones I said at the beginning of the topic, as well as what Makaru said earlier in the topic.

Regarding your first point, some people love things so much that they will never give up trying to get them back. And no I don't have a 'romantic' relationship with Bionicle. Don't even go there! :PFor your second point, I am the co-founder of the BBBC, and this is news to me.On-topic: People who say Bionicle is dead, implying it will never come back. Who knows what the future will bring?
Dead doesn't mean it isn't coming back.Elvis died, and he came back. Edited by Rarity

A few more peeves:

Dead doesn't mean it isn't coming back.Elvis died, and he came back.
When people say Bionicle is dead, they usually imply that it'll never come back.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

A few more peeves:

I think Peach 00 was talking about this blog entry.My pet peeve is when members misinterpret something another member says. I am guilty of this along with many other people.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

A few more peeves:

When people say Bionicle is dead, they usually imply that it'll never come back.
Then they are wrongly using the word.Am I the only one who noticed people use this topic to argue about various stuff going down on the site, by calling it their peeve? =P

A few more peeves:

Then they are wrongly using the word.Am I the only one who noticed people use this topic to argue about various stuff going down on the site, by calling it their peeve? =P
I've noticed that too, I'm glad it stopped.

A few more peeves:

I think Peach 00 was talking about this blog entry.My pet peeve is when members misinterpret something another member says. I am guilty of this along with many other people.
I knew that'd come back to haunt me when I posted here. :PIn my defence, that was posted before I found out how popular MLP is throughout the Internet.But yeah, even now, MLP's presence here is still somewhat stronger than that of Bionicle (or about the same at least).

In my defence, that was posted before I found out how popular MLP is throughout the Internet.But yeah, even now, MLP's presence here is still somewhat stronger than that of Bionicle (or about the same at least).

It shouldn't bother me if other people want to discuss something that I don't particularly care for. I just ignore the topic. If people want to discuss MLP, that's fine until that takes over my posting in S&T. I believe that there is more than enough room on this site for both of groups, and every other group. Until we overload the server. One thing I would like, on that note, is a way to permanently mark a topic as read forever. Some topics I post in once and never see again, or they are on something that I don't care about. However, these topics make forums "unread" which means I have to look in the forum, make sure that nothing interesting has happened, and remark that forum as read. This is consistently annoying.

In my defence, that was posted before I found out how popular MLP is throughout the Internet.But yeah, even now, MLP's presence here is still somewhat stronger than that of Bionicle (or about the same at least).

It shouldn't bother me if other people want to discuss something that I don't particularly care for. I just ignore the topic. If people want to discuss MLP, that's fine until that takes over my posting in S&T. I believe that there is more than enough room on this site for both of groups, and every other group. Until we overload the server. One thing I would like, on that note, is a way to permanently mark a topic as read forever. Some topics I post in once and never see again, or they are on something that I don't care about. However, these topics make forums "unread" which means I have to look in the forum, make sure that nothing interesting has happened, and remark that forum as read. This is consistently annoying.
The best way to deal with that problem (believe me I know how you feel) is to the nifty "follow this" button on the top right and hit receive notifications instantly. It helps a lot, I might add.

It shouldn't bother me if other people want to discuss something that I don't particularly care for. I just ignore the topic. If people want to discuss MLP, that's fine until that takes over my posting in S&T. I believe that there is more than enough room on this site for both of groups, and every other group. Until we overload the server.One thing I would like, on that note, is a way to permanently mark a topic as read forever. Some topics I post in once and never see again, or they are on something that I don't care about. However, these topics make forums "unread" which means I have to look in the forum, make sure that nothing interesting has happened, and remark that forum as read. This is consistently annoying.
The best way to deal with that problem (believe me I know how you feel) is to the nifty "follow this" button on the top right and hit receive notifications instantly. It helps a lot, I might add.
I do this, but I cannot follow every single forum and topic that I have a remote interest in. It would drive me crazy. I have more topics of interest than not in my primary forums.

But yeah, even now, MLP's presence here is still somewhat stronger than that of Bionicle (or about the same at least).

BIONICLE has a majority of the forum.My Little Pony has one topic.Sure, the topic is the most popular non-game topic on the forums at this moment, but one topic does not overshadow anything LEGO-oriented.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

But yeah, even now, MLP's presence here is still somewhat stronger than that of Bionicle (or about the same at least).

BIONICLE has a majority of the forum.My Little Pony has one topic.Sure, the topic is the most popular non-game topic on the forums at this moment, but one topic does not overshadow anything LEGO-oriented.
I'm thinking avatars, sigs and blogs too.

So? This site should not aggressively control what members put in them, unless it violates the rules. A few pony avatars aren't going to kill anyone.

Bionicle is still the majority, MLP is still limited to just one topic and blog entries. Look at this way let's say Bionicle discussion on BZP is a baseball MLP discussion (including blogs) would be a small marble. Yes I know that may be a horrible anology but you get my point. You may have point about the avatars but let's face it how many people have a Bionicle themed avatar these days?

I find it kind of annoying how the Invision Power Board software doesn't allow capitalized letters in the middle of a topic title. On other forums, it probably wouldn't matter, but on a forum like this, when you have "BZPower", "LEGO", "RPG", or whatever, it gets kind of obnoxious.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I find it kind of annoying how the Invision Power Board software doesn't allow capitalized letters in the middle of a topic title. On other forums, it probably wouldn't matter, but on a forum like this, when you have "BZPower", "LEGO", "RPG", or whatever, it gets kind of obnoxious.

Forum Leaders and higher-ranking staff members can change topic titles, you know. Invision has that in their software to prevent a bunch of all-caps topic titles garnering attention.(New peeve, by the way. Even as the newbie FM, I now know enough about the job to gripe on potential improvements. I'd like to be able to PM new members and members with full inboxes, because it's so much easier than in the profile feed. In the latter, there's no guarantee anyone would even see it, because not as many people check it as their inboxes. Not being able to is just a hassle.) Edited by Sumiki

Brony haters. It's like hating someone for watching and liking Spongebob because "it's for little kids" and "it's dumb"(We're not so different, you know.)I also don't like people who think every person who dislikes Hero Factory hates it and wishes it would die. I know there are people like that, but I don't like Hero Factory, and I don't spam/troll/flame about it.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Forum Leaders and higher-ranking staff members can change topic titles, you know
Actually, I've been unable to do that since the upgrade, so this may have changed in lieu of permissions. Not entirely sure.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Forum Leaders and higher-ranking staff members can change topic titles, you know
Actually, I've been unable to do that since the upgrade, so this may have changed in lieu of permissions. Not entirely sure.
Really? Windrider said once that of the three ways to change topic titles, two don't work and one does.

The ponies. That's my peeve. We need more Bionicle up in here.

neigh :burnmad:The anti-ponies are the worst. :(

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The ponies. That's my peeve. We need more Bionicle up in here.

neigh :burnmad:The anti-ponies are the worst. :(
Don't be a hater man, be a lover. Love the good people. Like me.
I love to hate you all, what am I?But the bronies don't bother me. I hated the show so much I could barely watch one episode, but people are entitled to like things I don't!(Unless it's the Pomson 6000 in TF2. Screw that gun and screw everyone who uses it.)-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

This is a LEGO forum. Why would we give posts to people who could stay here forever and not talk about what the forum is for?Ideally, I think new members should have their COT posts count towards the ten posts they need to graduate to member status. If anything, that makes it easier on us FMs.

This is a LEGO forum. Why would we give posts to people who could stay here forever and not talk about what the forum is for?Ideally, I think new members should have their COT posts count towards the ten posts they need to graduate to member status. If anything, that makes it easier on us FMs.

I disagree with that. It is a Lego forum. If you don't want to talk about Bionicle/Lego here, why join the forum? That's the point of this place.

I disagree with that. It is a Lego forum. If you don't want to talk about Bionicle/Lego here, why join the forum? That's the point of this place.
It sounds like you just agreed with me.My second point was only a peeve that I've acquired since I've been a Mentor. Your first ten posts should count towards becoming a member even if they don't show up on your post count. What is ideally looked for in new members can be found in forums where posts don't count.

It sounds like you just agreed with me.My second point was only a peeve that I've acquired since I've been a Mentor. Your first ten posts should count towards becoming a member even if they don't show up on your post count. What is ideally looked for in new members can be found in forums where posts don't count.
Really? I guess you would know more about this than me, but it just seems weird have that opinion. Let's say I join BZP and post 10 CoT posts. I have contributed nothing to this site's main purpose, which is to discuss Bionicle/Lego. I don't think I should be getting any rewards. If I don't want to discuss Bionicle/Lego, why should I even bother to register here in the first place? There is a thousand other places on the Internet to discuss other things. It's probably just me being bigoted against CoT, but I kinda get the reasoning behind the existing rules. Professional CoTers could likely make their ten here in GD in order to get the account up to standard status, I'm thinking. FMs should be able to PM new members to advise them on such matters. Just my crazy opinion.

Let's say I join BZP and post 10 CoT posts. I have contributed nothing to this site's main purpose, which is to discuss Bionicle/Lego. I don't think I should be getting any rewards.If I don't want to discuss Bionicle/Lego, why should I even bother to register here in the first place? There is a thousand other places on the Internet to discuss other things.

I wouldn't consider "make it past the spam checker system" to be a "reward", honestly. This is, after all, a discussion forum, so anyone who can make decent posts is contributing.Also, it isn't that black-and-white. Five posts in COT and five posts elsewhere still leaves them with only five posts, and that's assuming those posts aren't in G&T or Voting Booth or something.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Let's say I join BZP and post 10 CoT posts. I have contributed nothing to this site's main purpose, which is to discuss Bionicle/Lego. I don't think I should be getting any rewards.If I don't want to discuss Bionicle/Lego, why should I even bother to register here in the first place? There is a thousand other places on the Internet to discuss other things.

Hmm, maybe because this site is awesome and people want to partake in things that are awesome? I've long lost interest in Bionicle. Still have a vague interest in Lego, but it's meager. I stay here for the people. And for CoT.Yes, there are a thousand places on the internet. There are a million places on the internet to discuss such things. But not with the same people.Which reminds me of another pet peeve of mine. People who are bigoted against CoT just because it's big or it's non-Bionicle.-Dovydas