Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

Not much technical issues, all six of the main Piraka are now unlocked, and you got the canister locator, so it looks like things went well this week.

For trying out playing as the unlocked Piraka, I had kind of expected you to just start up a level, shoot the weapon a few times, then quit and repeat with the other five. But I guess you've decided to try actually completing some levels playing as these Piraka. You may or may not have noticed that, with the exception of all but one Piraka boss level, every level has a black constraction that only Vezon can use, while not every level has a regular Piraka switch that you don't need Vezon for. (Since you seem to note how each level shows how many canisters you've collected, I suppose it's worth keeping in mind that, if you're missing just one canister, then it's probably the one behind the black constraction.) To save you from the frustration of not being able to collect any canister not yet collected, I'll just list off the levels (that I can recall) that do have a regular Piraka Switch:

Vezok's Coast: (1) Piraka Bluff, (3) Shattered Wreck

Thok's Mountain: (1) Flooded Lowlands (3) Blizzard Peaks

Avak's Stronghold: (1) Decrepit Dungeons (3) Menacing Keep

Reidak's Desert: (1) Desert Outpost (2) Bleak Refinery (3) Ancient Citadel

Hakann's Volcano: (2) Volcanic Trail

Zaktan's Jungle: (1) Logging Post, (2) Ancient Forest

If you'd like to use those Piraka for both their weapon and their ability, then those are the levels to chose from. (I think I might be missing a few, but at least that's enough for each to have at least one. I might edit this later when I have time to search more over the videos from the previous streams.)

I don't mind seeing a few more weeks of Bionicle Heroes, so I'll look forward to next week's stream.

Edited by Chronicler06
figured out a few more levels

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

In addition to the brief period of the audio occasionally going out on the left speaker, I also noticed that the audio quality from your commentary seemed to suffer a little for the entire duration of the stream, at times making it difficult to understand what you were saying (the game's audio was fine, but the commentary audio definitely sounded rather fuzzy this week).

I believe I already mentioned a few weeks ago about my own experience of falling through the ground and being forced to restart a level (though in my case, it was the Avak Piraka boss level), so although very rare, it does seem to happen occasionally. Of the three Piraka weapons you tried out this week, Hakann's has a slow rate of fire with large damage (much like his Lava Launcher in canon), Thok's is like a slightly weaker version of Hahli's weapon, and Zaktan's is the best with those rapid-fire large-damage blades.

When it comes to the creatures unlocked by those silver canisters, Bohrok are found on Vezok's Coastline and Zaktan's Jungle, Visorak are found on Thok's Mountain and Hakann's Volcano, and Vakhi are found on Avak's Stronghold and Reidak's Desert.

The bonus levels are actually very quick, as they're nothing more than trying to take out as many enemies as possible within a time limit of just two minutes. The first one is just Bohrok, the second is just Visorak, and the third is just Vakhi, so if you've fully competed every level but still lacking the awards for defeating a certain amount of enemies, those bonus levels are a quick and easy way to get them.

So that's three of the Piraka demonstrated, so the other three will be next week. Since the Tuesday after next week will be Christmas Eve, with the following Tuesday being New Year's Eve, will you be streaming those two weeks?

13 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

The bonus levels are actually very quick, as they're nothing more than trying to take out as many enemies as possible within a time limit of just two minutes. The first one is just Bohrok, the second is just Visorak, and the third is just Vakhi, so if you've fully competed every level but still lacking the awards for defeating a certain amount of enemies, those bonus levels are a quick and easy way to get them.

Very good to know!

13 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Since the Tuesday after next week will be Christmas Eve, with the following Tuesday being New Year's Eve, will you be streaming those two weeks?

As of right now, I can almost certainly stream on Christmas Eve. The question is - will anybody be around to watch? New Years is TBD.

I honestly don't know what could be causing the occasionally intermittent audio issue, but I'm very sure it can't be due to something on my end, as these streams are literally the only time I ever notice it on my headphones (but since headphones are more sensitive to such an issue than speakers, I suppose it might not matter that much anyway).

Of the other Piraka weapons tried this week, Vezok's is similar to Thok's but a bit more powerful, Reidak's rapidly fires those weird energy drills that drop quickly and roll along the ground, and Avak's is rapid-fire but low damage. And since there's only one level to go to unlock Vezon, there should be plenty of time in next week's stream to later play any of the other levels to see his weapon in action (which is also a rather awesome weapon).

As far as I know at this time, I'll definitely be around for Twitch Tuesday next week. I'll look forward to seeing you finish up with Bionicle Heroes, and then the week after (or two) it'll be on to Lego Lord of the Rings.

Now that Vezon is unlocked, pretty much all there is left to do is play through most of the levels all over again. Since you always seem to check how many canisters there are left to unlock in each level, I won't bother pointing out which ones there are to go through. Though if you wish to know which levels have not yet gotten a gold ranking, you could always check the board in the trophy room. Speaking of which, I'm surprised it took you this long to reach 150 enemies defeated as Nuparu, so you may also want to check which of the other Toa have not yet defeated a certain amount of enemies (though I suspect it'll most likely be defeating 100 and 250 enemies as Hewkii).

Of all the games you've played on Twitch, Bionicle Heroes seems like the most probable one to reach 100% completion without much difficulty, so I'll be sure to keep it in mind once you've completed Story Mode on every other Lego game. Just a reminder, the only remaining Lego games left to play are Lord of the Rings (which you've said you'll play next), Batman 2, both of the two Indiana Jones games, and both of the two Harry Potter games. There's also the new Lego Star Wars game due to come out sometime next year, and don't forget about that questionable status for Lego Dimensions that you never got around to completing.

And like I mentioned in the chat, I'm planning this coming weekend to replace my old desktop computer that I've had for nine years (which was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 back in early 2016), with a new desktop with Windows 10 on it, in hopes that it will eliminate the minor performance issues I've had with some of the more recent Lego games this year. If all goes well, I hope to reach 100% completion on every single Lego game currently available on Steam (so that won't count Dimensions or the yet-to-be-released Star Wars game) by the end of next year. I managed to purchase all of the remaining Lego games a few weeks ago, so now it's just a matter of getting the new computer working and then taking the time to actually play through those most recent Lego games.

With all of that in mind, my experience on all these Lego games along with the fact that I'm able to chat on Twitch means that by the time you've completed story mode on all available Lego games, you can pretty much feel free to pick any game you want for freeplay mode and I'll be capable of offering advice to help out (kind of like how you were able to get set up quite well on Pirates of the Caribbean). But of course, that likely won't be of much concern for quite some time.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know next week will be off. I'll look forward to seeing you start on Lego Lord of the Rings two weeks from now.

As I mentioned, I now a have a new desktop that runs way better and faster than my old one did. Of course, that just makes it easier for me to identify when it's the stream itself that's having technical issues, such as the volume occasionally going out on one side (I honestly lost track of when and for how long it happened). Also, I guess I forgot to mention that the chat content did not show up on the video screen.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that having an old physical copy of Lego Lord of the Rings meant that you might've already played it a bit back when you first got it, but I am surprised that you apparently tried it out for only one day and never came back to it until now, because based on the achievements you've just unlocked, it looks like the first two levels and some hub world quests is as far as you previously got. Well, at least now you can take advantage of my experience playing this game last year to find things you might otherwise miss (for example, I probably should've mentioned that you would get an achievement for having Isildur (was that his name? I was never interested in this series to bother remembering these things) jump off the bridge into the lava in the first level).

Lego Lord of the Rings consists of 18 levels, 6 for each of the three books/movies, and since you've completed the first three levels this week, you're apparently already halfway through the first book/movie. Of course, since you mentioned you'll have less time than usual next week, we probably shouldn't expect to see you finish that part so soon. Anyway, even though I'm not interested much in Lord of the Rings, I'll always look forward to seeing the next Twitch Tuesday stream.

Whatever the audio issue was with the microphone, I'm glad you were able to fix it after I pointed it out. (I'm sure you'll notice the difference when you rewatch that part of the video.)

I do recall some levels being significantly longer than others, so I guess it makes sense that you would get through only two of them this week instead of three like last time. And since the next level starts after paddling those boats down the river, I guess you could consider yourself lucky for not accidentally keeping the stream going too much longer, though as I suggested in the chat, perhaps try not to wander around too much when you bring each stream to an end from now on.

And as I had mentioned in the chat, I never saw much of the Lord of the Rings movies, nor read any of the books, as I just simply don't have any interest in the high fantasy genre. To be completely honest, the only reason I managed to pick up any significant familiarity with the Lord of the Rings franchise is due to its presence among Lego video games (particularly Lego Dimensions, where Gandalf is one of the story's three main characters).

Just one more level left to go before Fellowship of the Ring is finished, and as always, I'll look forward to next week's stream.

I think it's a little interesting that, with this apparently being your first time playing through a Lego game based on a book/movie series you're highly familiar with, we get a chance to hear your initial reactions to all the cutscenes, giving us an idea of what true fans of Lord of the Rings might actually think about this game. (As I've mentioned before, I was never a fan of it myself, so I didn't really care all that much about the cutscenes when I played this game.)

When it comes to exploring in the hub world, the only path between the northern and southern portions of the map is paddling that boat up or down the river, though you could always use fast-travel between map stones you've already unlocked (which is also the only way of switching between day and night mode, to access some quests that can only be done in one or the other). As I'm sure you might be familiar from the story, you won't be going back to the northern areas until after all of story mode is fully complete, so going to Bree to forge those mythril items will have to wait until freeplay mode.

As for forging mythril items, many of them have the same abilities as their regular counterpart items that often are exclusive to a certain character, so forging those mythril items would technically grant that ability to any character who wields it. There are also many other mythril items that are purely for the sake of aesthetics and/or humor, so you could set those aside for last (unless they're requested by a quest giver). When you get to freeplay, in that area where Frodo goes up the mountain after Boromir, you'll need to have a rope and bow-type weapon available, so the mythril versions would help there. But the one mythril item I think you would absolutely need first would be the mythril fireworks, which can be used to blow up silver objects (the only other means of destroying silver objects in this game is to purchase that guy who blows up the wall in that battle in the second movie (yeah, I'm obviously not a fan of the series if I can't even remember any of these proper names)). You'll find the design page in the Mordor region of the hub world, and it'll require 40 mythril bricks to forge, so be sure to save up any that you can get.

Fellowship of the Ring is done, and the first of six levels for Two Towers has been completed. As always, I'll look forward to next week's stream.

8 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I think it's a little interesting that, with this apparently being your first time playing through a Lego game based on a book/movie series you're highly familiar with, we get a chance to hear your initial reactions to all the cutscenes, giving us an idea of what true fans of Lord of the Rings might actually think about this game. (As I've mentioned before, I was never a fan of it myself, so I didn't really care all that much about the cutscenes when I played this game.)

I guess Star Wars would also fall under that category, and maybe Jurassic Park, but yeah, I'm a big Tolkien-nerd, so this one has some special significance to me.

8 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

But the one mythril item I think you would absolutely need first would be the mythril fireworks, which can be used to blow up silver objects (the only other means of destroying silver objects in this game is to purchase that guy who blows up the wall in that battle in the second movie (yeah, I'm obviously not a fan of the series if I can't even remember any of these proper names)). You'll find the design page in the Mordor region of the hub world, and it'll require 40 mythril bricks to forge, so be sure to save up any that you can get.

Good to know! I guess I won't be forging anything anytime soon. And don't worry about not knowing that orc's name, I don't think he has one.

On another note, I queued up the transfer from Twitch to YouTube last night, and for some reason it still hasn't gone through. Once it's done, the first post will be updated.

Quite unfortunate what happened with the stream lagging this week. I guess it's one of those things that just happens every once in a while. Though I must say, it was really surprising just how quickly it ended up falling so many minutes behind.

At least you managed to get through one level, so that's some progress. Considering where you're at now, I should probably mention that Frodo and Sam will not be able to continue the story content for now (if you bring up the map, you'll see some kind of red barrier blocking the path to their next level). Instead, the first thing you'll need to do for next week's stream will be to switch to the other group by selecting either Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli on the character selection wheel. You'll play as that group for the next three levels, then you'll have to switch back to Frodo and Sam who will then be able to start the final level for Two Towers. You did say you were curious how this game would portray the separated groups, so now you'll get to see that.

Two out of six levels of Two Towers now complete, so that's close to the halfway point of the entire story mode. Let's hope next week's stream won't have any serious technical issues.

Glad to see you were able to resolve last week's technical issues before proceeding with the stream, even if it's hard to understand why or how it even occurred in the first place.

And without last week's problems, nice to see you were able to get through three levels this week. Not much else to say that I didn't mention in the chat. Just one more level left to go for Two Towers, then it's the six levels for Return of the King left to go until story mode is complete.

When you initially started the stream, I didn't notice it lag any more than just one freeze for only a few seconds, so while I felt restarting the stream so immediately seemed unnecessary, I don't blame you for trying to go the "better safe than sorry" path.

For playing the levels of the Return of the King portion, while you are allowed to switch between the two groups whenever you want (with the exception of the final level), I preferred to stick with Frodo and Sam since they're what you start off with. And just like for the Two Towers portion, the third portion has two levels for Frodo and Sam, three levels for the other group, and then once all five of those levels are complete you have the final level to be started by Frodo and Sam. While I certainly don't want to seem like I'm trying to control how you play the game, I'm just pointing out which order I had preferred to to play these levels when I played this game.

One level complete in Return of the King, five more left to go, then story mode will be fully complete.

While there thankfully wasn't any lag in this week's stream, there were some audio issues (not just the microphone quality, but also occasionally going silent on the left speaker), but at least it wasn't bad enough to really affect the stream. Quite a shame you couldn't stream for long this week, but it's totally understandable.

I actually didn't recall this from when I played this game, but after the latest level when the Eye of Sauron moved, I noticed it not only moved to block Frodo and Sam from reaching Mount Doom (for now), but it also moved away from a site that would block the path for the other group's final level. That seems to indicate that the first four levels of Return of the King can be done in any order between the two groups, but the last two must be done in a specific order. Of course, having never read the books or seen the movies, I had no idea what the canon order of the events of all those levels actually is, I just simply did them in the order their respective achievements were listed.

Just four story levels left to go. Depending on how much you get done next week, you might even have enough time the following week to also try the bonus level.

Quite unfortunate the persistent lag forced you to restart the stream halfway through. I had assumed that since there wasn't much at all in the first few minutes that things would be fine, but I sure was quickly proven wrong, so now I'll never argue again about restarting the stream even if it had only a brief bit of lag at the start. As for the second half, while it had no lag, it also has that old audio issue of occasionally hearing sound out of only one speaker instead of both. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that, but I figured you should at least be aware of it.

I'd just like to say that getting that one bit of advice to you during the first level in spite of the lag was really impressing timing for a complete shot in the dark from my perspective. Two levels completed this week, and now only two levels left to go, not counting the bonus level. If next week you end up with enough time to only finish the last two story levels, I'll leave it up to you whether or not to spend one more week with this game just for the bonus level (and perhaps collect the design page for the mythril fireworks and enough bricks to forge it).

Now that you're almost done with Lego Lord of the Rings, I suppose it's time to consider what will be the next Lego game to play. There are now only five games we've yet to see on Twitch Tuesday; Lego Batman 2, both of the two Lego Indiana Jones games, and both of the two Lego Harry Potter games. My suggestion would definitely be for Batman 2, since we've already seen all the other games in that series, so it would be nice to finally cover that gap.

No technical issues at all this week, so that was good.

For what's left to do, you might as well take a detour at the swamp to go to the Black Gate, and from there you'll find the mithril fireworks page in the rubble of Barad-Dur (if you'd rather not collect that page or spend the 40 mithril bricks to forge it, the only alternative to have the ability to blow up silver objects is to go to Helm's Deep and purchase that orc who can throw bombs). The only other ability not yet available are those super strength handles, though I recall Sauron has that ability, and you'll unlock him after completing the bonus level.

I recalled you mentioned some time back that you would have to take off one Tuesday sometime later this month, so I think it makes complete sense that you've chosen to do a little more with Lego Lord of the Rings before that week off, and then come back after to start Lego Batman 2.

Two weeks in a row with no technical issues! Though considering you'll probably be switching back to the Xbox One for the remaining Lego games, I'm not holding out hope for three in a row...

Anyway, glad I could help you be prepared to someday reach full completion for Lego Lord of the Rings. There are two types of quests in the hub world; collect an item from a level to earn a mithril brick, and forge a mithril item to earn a red brick. Since stud multipliers are obviously among those red bricks, I guess one of the first things you might consider doing when you later come back to this game is to forge the mithril items that will unlock those stud multiplier red bricks. Kinda wished to see you try out those mithril fireworks (when I played this game, I went with purchasing the character who can throw bombs), but I guess we'll get to see that anyway once you eventually get back to this game for full completion. In all honesty, I don't really care which order you decide to go through these games once all that's left is 100% completion for all of them, so if you really liked this game, then go ahead and put it near the top of your list to come back to later. Oh, and I forgot to mention in the stream that there's a building in Rivendale you can enter where you'll find the minikit models from every level on display.

I had a feeling that whatever would've prevented you from streaming next week was to attend some event that would've almost certainly be canceled in light of certain recent events. Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Lego Batman 2, as it featured a lot of firsts among Lego games at the time it came out: first with character dialogue, first with a single massive hub world to explore, first with just a single storyline of only 15 levels, first with characters that could fly. (It's amazing how so many staples of later Lego games were all suddenly introduced in a single game after eight older ones had already been released.)

On 3/18/2020 at 4:12 AM, Chronicler06 said:

I had a feeling that whatever would've prevented you from streaming next week was to attend some event that would've almost certainly be canceled in light of certain recent events.

Yeah, that was the reason, sadly. I may not be streaming tomorrow after all though. If that happens, I will likely be able to stream on Wednesday instead. I'll post something on the front page tomorrow once I have things nailed down.

The stream went great this week. Slight audio quality issues, but hardly anything as bad as previous times.

As I mentioned in the chat, I do recall there was once some TV special that pretty much portrayed mostly the same events as the story mode of this game. Did you ever happen to see it? I was fortunate enough to see only part of it not long after I had played this game myself, and I will say that there are a few differences between the two.

Two levels complete, so far. As I also mentioned in the chat, some levels in this game are rather short, while other levels are rather long. Just a heads-up, level 5 in particular is so long that it could very well take up the entire full hour you typically stream. Anyway, definitely looking forward to seeing more.

On 3/25/2020 at 2:48 AM, Chronicler06 said:

As I mentioned in the chat, I do recall there was once some TV special that pretty much portrayed mostly the same events as the story mode of this game. Did you ever happen to see it? I was fortunate enough to see only part of it not long after I had played this game myself, and I will say that there are a few differences between the two.

Don't think so. Was it a LEGO-animated TV special or a generic Batman thing?

To answer your question, I did a quick search on Wikipedia and was able to find exactly what I remembered seeing part of (though apparently it was a direct-to-video movie that was later shown on TV at some point). Here's a link, if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Batman:_The_Movie_%E2%80%93_DC_Super_Heroes_Unite

Two more levels completed this week, and if I remember correctly, this means you now have all four suits for both Batman and Robin now unlocked. Also unlocked after completing level 4 is the ability to activate those remote terminals, exposing sections of the map (kind of like how activating those map stones in Lego Lord of the Rings revealed the locations of bricks and characters on the map). Of course, each terminal to activate also reveals a villain to battle (like I said in the chat, you can wait until freeplay mode to deal with them), and after defeating them you will then be able to purchase them (and I'm sure you can replay their intro cutscene at their respective terminal at any time, so don't worry about trying to keep track of where they all are). If I remember correctly, you can find any unactivated terminal by looking around the hub world for a pillar of light of a certain color (can't remember which color it was) that mark their locations off in the distance (and if you want to be able to see as much of the map as possible, you'll want to activate as many of those terminals as possible).

As I mentioned last week, level 5 is exceptionally long, so it would not surprise me if that ends up being the only level you end up playing in next week's stream.

Quite strange that the stream had no sound at all at first, but thankfully all it took to resolve it was to simply restart the stream.

I knew that latest level was so long that you were unlikely to get through anything more than that this week, but I was a little surprised that it ended up taking so long that you went a little beyond the usual time range just to get it finished (and thankfully soon enough that I didn't have to leave early to watch Lego Masters). Not much else to say, except be sure to keep an eye out for more remote terminals to activate in the hub area of Gotham City, allowing you to expose more of the map (though since you tend to focus on simply following the trail of studs, that probably won't matter until you reach freeplay mode).

Five levels done, so this game's story mode is now a third of the way complete.

Remember when I mentioned seeing on TV part of that 2013 Lego Batman movie that was based on this game? The part in the game you're at right now is the respective point where I started watching that movie, so I'll be sure to mention in the chat if I remember any differences between the game and the movie.

As I've mentioned, this was the very first Lego game to have characters that could fly, so when you start the next stream by flying around as Superman, you'll notice that the flying controls (at least when you're out in the main hub world) are quite different from what you're more familiar with (such as what was used in the levels). Also, now that you have Superman available (technically, you'll unlock him after the next level), I would recommend using his heat vision to destroy the gold locks on the three bridges to the southern part of the city. I'm not sure if later levels can be accessed without needing to open passage across those bridges, but might as well get it taken care of while you have the chance.

Seven levels complete, so now we're at the halfway point. And while there was that really long level last week, there's also a few upcoming levels that you'll probably find to be really short, so we'll have to wait and see just how long it'll actually take to complete the Story Mode on this game.

I'll admit, I have considered possibly suggesting you make another attempt at Lego Dimensions after you've completed story mode on every other Lego game. (After Batman 2, the two Indiana Jones games and the two Harry Potter games are the only ones left, so it might not be much longer before we reach that point.) From what I recall, you got through three of the main levels (out of a total of fourteen) and two of the bonus pack levels, but it was early in the fourth main story level that technical issues forced you to stop trying. (And for the record, the Joker-Bot appeared in the second main level, so I assumed you might've recognized it when it showed up in today's stream.) Of course, now that many years have passed since that game and it's numerous packs were released, I wonder if it'll even be possible for you to play much of that game beyond the main levels provided by the starter pack, or if you'll have to do some extensive searching to obtain any remaining copies of the other packs.

So now that you finally got to see how different the controls are for a flying character in the hub area, you can probably understand why the method used in the levels ultimately was used in all the later Lego games. Also, though I'm not sure if opening those bridges was absolutely necessary, at least following my recommendation means you'll now be capable of exploring nearly the entire map on foot. Of course, the map will still be mostly blank until you start activating those remote terminals, which I guess are indicated by those red columns of light you see all over the city.

Nine levels complete, six more left to go, some of which you may find to be remarkably short.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:30 AM, Chronicler06 said:

I'll admit, I have considered possibly suggesting you make another attempt at Lego Dimensions after you've completed story mode on every other Lego game. (After Batman 2, the two Indiana Jones games and the two Harry Potter games are the only ones left, so it might not be much longer before we reach that point.) From what I recall, you got through three of the main levels (out of a total of fourteen) and two of the bonus pack levels, but it was early in the fourth main story level that technical issues forced you to stop trying. (And for the record, the Joker-Bot appeared in the second main level, so I assumed you might've recognized it when it showed up in today's stream.) Of course, now that many years have passed since that game and it's numerous packs were released, I wonder if it'll even be possible for you to play much of that game beyond the main levels provided by the starter pack, or if you'll have to do some extensive searching to obtain any remaining copies of the other packs.

So now that you finally got to see how different the controls are for a flying character in the hub area, you can probably understand why the method used in the levels ultimately was used in all the later Lego games. Also, though I'm not sure if opening those bridges was absolutely necessary, at least following my recommendation means you'll now be capable of exploring nearly the entire map on foot. Of course, the map will still be mostly blank until you start activating those remote terminals, which I guess are indicated by those red columns of light you see all over the city.

Nine levels complete, six more left to go, some of which you may find to be remarkably short.

I would love to get back into LEGO Dimensions at some point. The concept was pretty awesome, and I actually purchased most of the packs, so there's potentially a lot of content to check out in there, even if I can't complete the main story. At this point though I'd probably start a new save file and start from the beginning since it's been so long. I'd also like to try to find a way to show off the building element on stream, but I'm not sure how well switching between those feeds would work? In theory it should be possible.

Sounds like we may not have much time left in LEGO Batman 2. Hopefully the new LEGO Star Wars game gets a release date at some point so we have something new to look forward to.

I've seem numerous playthrough videos of Lego Dimensions, and I can at least confirm that all of the main story levels (14 in total) can be completed with just the three characters and one vehicle from the starter pack, while the additional packs are mainly for collecting minikits and other bonuses. Also, I have to ask, among those other packs you got, do you have the Lego Batman Movie story pack? Aside from the main story levels, that's pretty much the only other part of Lego Dimensions I would like to see you try at some point.

Anyway, for the remaining levels of Batman 2, there are now four levels left to go (out of the total of 15), and if I remember correctly, levels 13 and 15 are significantly shorter than levels 12 and 14, so the typical two levels per week would probably be best. In fact, the interesting thing about level 13 in particular is that it's possible to collect all ten minikits in story mode, which is very rare for any Lego game.

As for which Lego game to play next, I've already mentioned my dislike of the two Harry Potter games, so that just leaves the two Indiana Jones games by default. Naturally, the first of the Indiana Jones games (titled "The Original Adventures") should be the next one to play.

12 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Also, I have to ask, among those other packs you got, do you have the Lego Batman Movie story pack?

If my checklist is up-to-date, here are the packs that I don't have, which unfortunately includes the LEGO Batman Movie pack:

DC Comics Team Pack
Slimer Fun Pack
Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack
Gremlins Team Pack
Knight Rider Fun Pack
The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack
LEGO City Fun Pack
The Goonies Level Pack
Starfire Fun Pack
Beetlejuice Fun Pack
Teen Titans Go! Team Pack

I'll have to look if there's still a way to pick some of them up.

That's quite unfortunate to find out. Even more so to see the Lego City fun pack on that list too, as that was the only other thing I wanted to see you try in that game, beyond the main story. From what I've seen in other videos, much like in Lego City Undercover, you can have Chase McCain switch between most of his disguises and use their various respective abilities, though you'll have to explore the Lego City hub world to unlock access to each of them. I sure hope you can find away to obtain at least those two packs I'm interested in.

Anyway, back to Lego Batman 2, I had mentioned before that there was a direct-to-DVD movie based on the events of this game, though there were a few slight differences. The only such difference I can definitely recall is the part where the Jokerbot sprays that gas over the crowd to make them want Lex Luthor for president. In the movie, Joker had been offered the position of vice president for helping Lex, but Joker thought that it wasn't satisfying enough, so he secretly altered the gas to make everyone want Joker for president instead of Lex.

Just two more levels left to go, a relatively long one, followed by a relatively short one. And as I've previously mentioned, of the four remaining Lego games, the one I'd like to see next is Lego Indiana Jones: the Original Adventures (which happens to be the second oldest of all the Lego games, released in 2008 after Star Wars Complete Saga).

So it seems you had enough time after finishing the story levels to activate all those remote terminals to uncover the entire map. I guess the only thing left to mention is that, for freeplay, the only characters you really need to unlock are Lex Luthor, Joker, and Riddler. After a quick check of the guide, it seems you'll need the abilities of all three of them to collect nearly all of the red bricks to be found throughout the hub world.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Lego Indiana Jones: the Original Adventures as the next game for Twitch Tuesday. To give you a simple idea of what to expect, the story consists of six levels for each of the three movies of the original trilogy, so that's a total of 18 levels for the entire game.

Interesting that you mentioned the upcoming Lego Star Wars game probably won't be out until October. At the rate it takes to complete these Lego games, it's possible you could be on the last of the four remaining games (not counting Lego Dimensions) by the time you're able to obtain that new one. Coincidentally, I've also got just four games left to go through before I've completed every Lego game available (though while you're going through some of the oldest Lego games, I'm going through the most recent Lego games), and could possibly finish the last of them by the time that new Lego Star Wars game comes out (but I won't be buying it anytime soon, as I'd rather wait a year or two until the price comes down to a much more affordable amount, though I do still intend to eventually play that game as well).

Since you also mentioned considering someday returning to all of these Lego games in chronological order, I'll admit that I've actually been able to memorize all of them in that specific order, so I'd like to take this opportunity to make that complete list right here. (This list consists of all 24 Lego games I got on Steam, in addition to Lego Dimensions and Bionicle Heroes, to cover all of the games you've done (or will do) on Twitch Tuesdays.)

• Bionicle Heroes
  • Star Wars: Complete Saga
  • Indiana Jones: Original Adventures
  • Batman
  • Indiana Jones 2: Adventure Continues
  • Harry Potter: Years 1-4
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Harry Potter: Years 5-7
  • Batman 2: DC Superheroes
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Marvel Superheroes
  • Lego Movie Videogame
  • Hobbit
  • Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • Jurassic World
  • Lego Dimensions
  • Marvel Avengers
  • Star Wars: Force Awakens
  • Lego Worlds
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame
  • Marvel Superheroes 2
  • Incredibles
  • DC Super Villains
  • Lego Movie 2 Videogame

And of course, the upcoming game (Star Wars: Skywalker Saga) would be added on to the bottom of this list.

That's an impressive memory! Reading through your list did remind me of one title we both keep forgetting - LEGO Rock Band. I would definitely like to get to that at some point as well. I think after the main LEGO games and before Dimensions seems like a good time. Of course that's only if we finish those before the new Star Wars game. We'll see how it goes!

Lego Rock Band was never available on Steam, so that might explain why I didn't add it to that list.

For this week's stream, well, if only all that lagging was the only problem you had...

I'll admit I occasionally had a few difficulties when I played Lego Indiana Jones (for example, I found the wrench to be even worse at attacking than bare fists, as I mentioned in the chat), but I don't exactly recall having that much trouble playing through even the early levels of this game, especially with how you managed to get stuck perpetually dying on those flaming wheels just a few steps away from finishing the second level. In all honesty, there was only one part of the whole game that especially frustrated me (it was part of one of the levels for Last Crusade), and if you're already struggling here, then I might as well be ready to hear some profanity once you get to "that part" that frustrated me. I guess the only advice I could give would be to simply not rush ahead most of the time, just be a little patient and you could easily avoid doing some dumb things.

One level complete, and too bad these older games have no way of saving in-level progress because you really were at the very end of that second level when you got stuck. Here's hoping for much better luck next week.

Same technical issues as last time, but at least you seem to have a solution on its way, even if it won't be available in time for next week's stream.

I think it's starting to become a little obvious that figuring out how to play this particular Lego game has a rather steep learning curve. I already covered a lot of these things in the chat, so I won't bother repeating them here. However, one aspect I'm sure you're curious about his how to obtain the red brick abilities, which I have to say involve a rather unique process in this game. Technically, they are red "parcels", and in each level, you have to not only find them, but also find and/or build a red mailbox, then carry the red parcel to that mailbox, and only then will you unlock the special ability (stud multiplier, object detector, etc.) associated with it. From what I recall, there is only one level in the entire game where it's possible to actually collect a red parcel in story mode, and that's the fourth level of Lost Ark (which just so happens to be the very next level you'll be playing). Since there's a good chance there will be significant lag next week, I feel like I should inform you ahead of time that you'll find the red parcel near the end of the level. (Specifically, do not push the block through the wall, as that will end the level. What you'll want to do instead is continue climbing around to the left until you eventually enter a bonus room. I can't exactly remember how to obtain that red parcel, I just remember that it's the only one across all 18 levels where it's possible to actually obtain the red parcel ability in story mode. In other levels, you'll often either can't reach the parcel itself or can't access the mailbox where the parcel must be delivered.)

Three levels done, so that's halfway finished with Raiders of the Lost Ark. All of them are kind of long, so I doubt you'll finish that part next week.

I find it interesting to note that the admin of this website is producing a Twitch stream for the apparent enjoyment of only one person? Perhaps there are others who are not so vocal in their enjoyment.

In any event, I must pass on my congratulations to @Black Six. That’s some dedication, man. Also to @Chronicler06 for staying with him every week. Wow.

Edited by Voltaire Rousseau

65CADFB1-71A6-4834-9873-A0688218AE4A.jpeg.294e0981febcdee92eac3ac1b59f4caa.jpeg

On 6/2/2020 at 11:11 PM, Voltaire Rousseau said:

I find it interesting to note that the admin of this website is producing a Twitch stream for the apparent enjoyment of only one person? Perhaps there are others who are not so vocal in their enjoyment.

In any event, I must pass on my congratulations to @Black Six. That’s some dedication, man. Also to @Chronicler06 for staying with him every week. Wow.

A little history for you. When this whole "Twitch Tuesday" started five years ago (summer of 2015, wow that's been quite some time ago), there were quite a number of other members who were interested, and in fact there was even a poll every week for which game would be played (as a result, it was rather common to jump between different games at various stages of progress). The only reason I got interested at first was because I was obsessed with the Lego Movie Videogame at the time, so much that I was curious to see how well other people would play that game. Initially, that was the only Lego game I had any interest in, but once I got to see a few others on Twitch Tuesday, I decided to stick around and watch them as well. Then I got so interested in those other Lego games that I decided to try playing all of them myself, but while B6 was interested in only the story mode content, I wanted to go all the way for 100% completion on every game. Of course, I was unwilling to pay up for the newest games, so while I held off on acquiring those games myself, Twitch Tuesday was a perfect opportunity for me to get an idea of what I could expect to see in these later games. But as time went by, fewer people stuck around to watch with any frequency. The poll was eventually dropped when it became obvious I was the only one casting any votes, and by the time I finally decided to make a Twitch account so I could use the chat to help out with gameplay (rather than uselessly shouting at my computer screen), I was literally the only one still watching every week. I suppose the reason I've stuck with this so consistently is because of my ongoing goal of fully completing every single Lego video game available (and I suppose by extension, helping B6 accomplish that as well to the best of his ability). I am now on pace to achieving my goal by the end of this year (not counting that new Lego Star Wars game that has yet to be released), and there are now only a few Lego games left that have yet to be shown on Twitch Tuesday, so as far as I'm concerned, this has been working out quite well for both of us.

Okay, onto the most recent stream. Very pleased to see no technical issues this time. I'm also glad that I was able to help you reach that opportunity to collect and unlock the only one of those red brick abilities available in Story Mode on that game. As for that area where you kept getting blown up by enemy bombs, well, all I can say is that it won't be the last time you'll be faced with a situation like that. Just one more level left to go in Raiders of the Lost Ark, then it's on to Temple of Doom.

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2020 at 11:11 PM, Voltaire Rousseau said:

Twitch Tuesday started and has continued primarily for my own enjoyment. I like videogames, and streaming LEGO ones is a good excuse for me to play them. If anyone else has fun watching, all the better! Before I started doing the streams, I think I had only ever beaten one of the TT Games LEGO titles (Bionicle Heroes, obviously), and now I'm quickly approaching finishing the campaigns of all of them. So that's fun and a success in my book. :)

• Upvote 1