Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

Quite unfortunate to see that persistent freezing and lagging again this week. Let's just hope it won't be too long before you're able to deal with it, as you've said.

So now we're finished with Raiders of the Lost Ark, and started Temple of Doom. I'd like to point out that in the very next level (Chapter 2 of Temple of Doom), it's possible to collect all ten minikits in story mode (very rare in any Lego game, though I'm sure you remember me mentioning that once recently in Lego Batman 2). As far as I can recall without having to check the guide, the only thing you'll have to keep in mind is that you should have Indy be the one who grabs the first shovel you find.

By the way, one thing I forgot to mention last week is that I wanted to identify each of the different accessible rooms in the Barnett College hub area. There are six doors in the front hallway, three on each side. Front to back on the left; Theater, where you can rewatch cutscenes (a feature only older Lego games seem to have); Classroom, where you can enter cheat codes (the usual flipping through letters and numbers); and Library, where you can purchase characters you've unlocked. Front to back on the right; Indy's Office, where you must collect five chests through various character abilities to obtain a key to access the bonus levels; Mail Room, where you can purchase red parcels you've collected for special abilities; and a hallway that leads to the Art Room, where you can create custom characters. And finally, you've already seen the Gallery Room upstairs to the far right, where you can see your progress with minikits, and also can access the bonus levels (you'll need to not only place that gem on the center structure but also obtain that key from Indy's Office to gain access to those levels). One bonus level is unlocked by collecting all ten minikits from any of at least three levels, another is unlocked by collecting every minikit in every level, and I'm afraid I can't remember how to unlock the third bonus level.

(A little off topic here, but I was halfway through this reply when my laptop overheated and suddenly shut off, forcing me to start over on my desktop instead. For some reason, this particular type of forum seems to constantly take up so much CPU usage that my ten-year-old laptop can't handle accessing it for more than a few minutes. The main page and the Discord channel are reasonably fine, but it's when I'm on this forum that seems to cause issues for my laptop. Not sure if other people have had trouble accessing this forum on older computers, but for me, it's now gotten to the point that I've had to mention it, and I must now be forced to make these comments on the same brand new desktop on which I've had to watch these Twitch streams.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Well, at least the lagging wasn't bad enough to restart the stream halfway through. Hopefully with your upcoming delivery, this'll be the last time we'll have to worry about that.

Glad that you were able to collect all ten minikits in that one level, as I mentioned last week. I'll admit I was concerned I might have to point out some of them in the chat, but thankfully you managed to find most of them rather easily (more than once, I was in the middle of typing a comment on where to find the next minikit by the time you actually found said minikit, and thus I had to delete that comment). And then of course that was quite a worrying moment when you seemed unable to take out that one stuck enemy that would've left you stuck on the other level, but thank goodness for Indy's whip providing some range of attack.

Halfway through Temple of Doom now, which also means you're now halfway through the entire game. Nine levels done, nine more to go.

Sure was great to finally see a stream where it never froze and buffered at all, not even for just one second.

I guess the reason why I didn't think you'd complete that mine ride level so quickly is because when I played it, I made the effort to hold off on hitting those switches so I could try to collect all of the available minikits I could (as well as collect enough studs for the True Adventurer ranking), which inevitably would've made this level seem much longer to me than it would've been to someone who was focused only on completing the level. As for the starting area of that final level where you have to run away from the flooding water, I will say that, as far as freeplay mode goes, that specific area was especially frustrating to me. While the rolling boulder area gave you a few chances to reach the minikit at the end, this area gives you only one chance, so if you failed to reach it, you'd have to completely restart the level in order to try again. Not to mention, you also have to start that area by blowing up a silver barrier and grabbing another minikit, and trying to collect both minikits in one run is especially challenging (I'm sure I had to restart that level over a dozen times before I finally got both minikits and could then proceed with the rest of the level).

And with Temple of Doom complete, all that's left for story mode of this game is the six levels for Last Crusade (my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies).

If you're still confused over why you didn't get the True Adventurer rank on one of the Temple of Doom levels, I believe it was the one with the mine cart ride (where you frequently missed grabbing many studs along the ride), so that would be level 5 of those levels.

I guess some parts of Lego Indiana Jones are a little difficult to work through, and not just that part where you had to jump over the rats (what I mentioned in my most recent post is another example). Aside from that, I certainly enjoyed the levels featured in this week's stream, especially the Venice boat chase area, as I had mentioned in the chat. Though as you saw in the second level, enemy bazookas are one-hit kills, so be careful with avoiding them (especially for the next level coming up, so make sure you try to reach "True Adventurer" as soon as you can).

Only four more levels left to go until story mode for Lego Indiana Jones is complete.

So it seems I accurately predicted that one certain area with many bazookas would frustrate you to the point of almost saying profanity. As far as I know, everyone gets frustrated with that part (myself included), so don't feel too bad about it.

Sometimes, I wish Steam had allowed achievements for the older Lego games, so I could've been able to let you know about some of the more additional achievements, such as the "That's for Blasphemy" one you got entirely by accident. As for the occasional moments where I admit to be mistaken, it's because it's now been a couple years since I played through the oldest Lego games and my memory admittedly isn't perfect. Although I do have the guide up on my laptop for reference while I'm watching the stream on my desktop, I try not to check the guide too often as I am, after all, more interested in actually watching the stream (and besides, with how slow I am at typing, chances are you'll end up figuring things out before I get a chance to try to inform you).

Just two more levels left to go until the end of story mode on Lego Indiana Jones, and then it'll be on to Lego Indiana Jones 2.

And that's yet another Lego video game complete (at least, as far as story mode goes). Only a few more left to go.

With Lego Indiana Jones complete, it definitely makes sense that the next game to play would be Lego Indiana Jones 2. I'll be honest, I'm a little torn on deciding whether to tell you all the things about what makes this game so different from all the others, or if I should just let you find out for yourself and see how well you can figure it all out. Well, I guess since there's a bit of a pattern to it, I guess I'll hold back for the first stream or two, then help out a bit more once you've gotten used to the unique structure of the game. (Though I will say that if any other Lego game comes close to it, it would probably be Jurassic World, for having separate hub areas for each of the different movies.)

I certainly enjoyed Lego Indiana Jones 2 when I got a chance to play it. Even though I found the story content to sometimes be portrayed far less accurately than the first game did, I ultimately liked the second game more for it's unique structure and additional features (such as the level builder, where you're able to create your own levels to play through, though I never bothered to really try that out). Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to next week's stream.

Quite unfortunate there were some lag issues, but at least it was only slowing down at times rather than freezing.

As I'm sure you quickly noticed, a vast majority of the levels in Indiana Jones 2 are rather short. In fact, that first level was one of only four levels in the entire game to consist of more than just one area, hence why I pointed out it was one of the longer levels. Though personally, I had spent the most time on the vehicle levels as I often took my time to try collecting as many studs as I could (after all, I do specifically recall at least once or twice that it was practically impossible to achieve True Adventure on a vehicle level without having a stud multiplier brick active). Well, if getting through the five story levels of each area really does go by this quickly, then I guess it'll be easy to assume it'll take just five more streams to get through the remaining five areas.

Okay, here's some things about the way this game is structured. Each of the six areas is like a self-contained game, meaning that whatever characters and vehicles you unlock there can only be used there and not in any of the other five areas. When you open the "box" to each of these six areas, you're shown your progress on characters and vehicles unlocked, minikits and special bricks collected, levels completed, and of course the option to return to exploring that hub area. In each of the six areas, there's a total of fifteen levels; five "story" levels (completed by simply following the green arrow to reach the start of each one), five "treasure" levels (alternate versions of the story levels, marked by golden arrows in the hub area where their respective story levels were started, in which the objective is to collect the minikit), and five "bonus" levels (the starting points to which are unmarked in the hub area until after you find them, structured as if they had been created in the game's "level builder", in which the objective is to collect the minikit). While the bonus levels give you specific characters to use (like the story levels), the treasure levels have you use whichever two active characters you happen to have in the hub area when you start that level, and if you don't have the abilities you need between those two characters (as the notes will helpfully point out), you'll have to return to the hub area and switch to those types of characters (which in this game requires walking over to wherever they're wandering around and hitting the switch character button when you're close to them). You may have noticed a particular site in the hub area where the minikits show up, and once you've collected all ten of them (completing five treasure levels and five bonus levels), you can break them and rebuild the parts into something that will unlock the "super bonus" level, in which the objective is to collect a million studs (of note, that seventh crate in the warehouse won't open until after you've completed one of these super bonus levels, one for each of the six areas). Also, while exploring the hub areas, you'll have to destroy ten certain objects to unlock a red brick (stud multiplier), a blue brick (ability enhancement), or a green brick (something just for fun), one of each for each area, and which also have to be purchased. Of course, since you're mainly interested in just completing the story progression, much of this whole paragraph probably won't be of much concern to you anyway.

As for which area to complete next, I personally went through all three parts of Crystal Skull before moving on to the original trilogy, but since you're the one playing this game, I'll leave that choice up to you.

Despite the continued issues with lag, at least it's more tolerable in this case because it only slows down a little at times rather than completely freezing.

Quite unfortunate that a weird glitch forced you to restart the third level. I can't recall if that happened to me back when I played this game, though it wouldn't surprise me if it did. In terms of story accuracy, while there was that part with the killer ants dragging away that commander guy, there was definitely never some ant monster as depicted in the final level. With that and that train crane attack for Part 1, it's already obvious that a recurring theme in this game is that the fifth and final "boss battle" story level will always deviate greatly away from the events of the movies.

It should be noted that, since there are different types of levels (rather than levels with "story mode" or "freeplay mode" as in most Lego games), that means that, hypothetically, this game can be completed by playing each and every level only once (and since you won't necessarily have to replay any levels, that means everything that can possibly be done in a level should be completely accessible when you play them). However, it seems that you'll end up having to replay some levels in order to obtain "True Adventurer" that you missed the first time around (which I think you can select in the completion progress boxes in the warehouse, though that's just an assumption on my part, as I never had to worry about doing that when I played this game (mostly because I chose to go for 100% completion of an area before starting the next one, which meant I had at least one stud multiplier red brick already unlocked by the time I encountered the more difficult levels for True Adventurer)).

Parts 1 and 2 of Crystal Skull complete, just Part 3 left to go, then it'll be on to the original trilogy.

No lag or slowing down this time, so that's good news.

I've pretty much already covered all the important stuff, so not much to talk about this time. I guess it's interesting to note you were able to get True Adventurer on four of the five story levels for each of the three parts of Crystal Skull. I guess when you eventually get back to this game later, one of the first things you'll probably want to do is unlock one of the red brick stud multipliers.

Beyond the six main areas, I've already mentioned that the seventh crate won't open until after you've completed one of the super bonus levels, which requires collecting all ten minikits in an area (done by completing five treasure levels and five bonus levels). The last crate, for the Level Builder, does contribute to full game completion. Although you're free to try creating a custom level, the minimum you need to do for game completion is to complete the four tutorials, then save seven different blank levels (the different styles for the six areas and the super bonus levels) and purchase all of the items available to place for each style. I don't know how many studs are required for all those purchases, so I would recommend saving the Level Builder for absolute last, after you've fully completed everything else in this game.

The story levels of three areas complete, three more to go, so yes, you're now at the halfway point in this game in terms of following the story content.

For some reason, back when I played this game in the Raiders of the Lost Ark area, I don't recall having any significant issues in the first story level, but the fifth story level was troublesome enough that I briefly had to enter two-player mode in order to get both characters onto the two buttons at the same time. I guess this just goes to show that people can sometimes have very different experiences with the same game. And as I mentioned in the chat, that jungle temple theme from the opening scene of the movie is one of the five bonus levels of that area, meaning that you'll have to search around to find the starting point, and once you do access it, the fact that it's structured as if it was created in the game's level builder means it'll look very unlike what you saw in the first game.

Just two more areas left to go before this game's story mode is complete. After this, I guess the only Lego games left to go are Lego Rock Band (which I've honestly never heard of prior to your mentions of it) and a possible reattempt at Lego Dimensions. Also, a rather peculiar reason to refuse to play the two Lego Harry Potter games (one that I have serious doubts will ever change anytime soon), but since I personally consider them my least favorite of all Lego games from a gameplay perspective, I guess it's not that bad of a loss.

One thing about this game that I found a little annoying is that for whatever characters you've unlocked, you apparently can't switch between different versions of that character, so you're pretty much stuck with whatever version was used in the latest of the story levels. In the Temple of Doom area, for example, although you start off with Indy in his dinner suit, you never see it again once you start the second story level, and the version of him used in the final story level is the one you're stuck with for the remainder of freeplay in that area. Sure, it's purely an appearance thing that has no affect on gameplay, but I honestly find it a little weird that while many Lego games offer a lot of varieties of specific characters, this game seems to completely disregard that option.

So at least you were lucky enough to unlock one of the brick abilities (and see for yourself how to unlock and purchase a brick ability in this game). As I previously mentioned, there are three different types: green bricks for funny things (and cost tens of thousands of studs), blue bricks for ability enhancements (and cost hundreds of thousands of studs), and red bricks for stud multipliers (and cost millions of studs). By the time you come back to this game for freeplay, one of the first things I'm going to recommend is unlocking the least expensive stud multiplier, since even a x2 in studs would be enough for you to reach True Adventurer in the levels where you missed it.

Just one more area left to go in story mode. As for what will come after that, I'm currently undecided on whether to watch that other stream you mentioned, as personally, one hour is already long enough for me.

Huh, that is really odd about the costumes. Other LEGO games have been all about collecting them all and being able to swap through them - especially later titles that added some as DLC.

Nothing says you have to watch Kevin's stream for the whole time - I'm not sure that I'll participate for the whole thing anyway. But I am looking forward to the change, at least for a little bit.

(With all the issues this site has been having lately, here's hoping this post actually goes up without too much trouble.)

Of the three original trilogy movies, Last Crusade definitely has the most difference between the two Lego games, in my opinion. While the second game includes events the first game ignored (the ship in a stormy sea from the opening scene, the city of Berlin), there are also events seen in the first game that are ignored in the second game (the city of Venice, escape from the zepplin). While I'm sure some gaps in the second game are filled in with the bonus levels and purchaseable characters and vehicles, the cutscenes from the story levels definitely make it obvious just how inaccurately the movie is portrayed in this game. But in spite of the story inaccuracies, I still liked this game for much of the additional content. After all, it was the earliest Lego game to have hub worlds where you were able to do much more than just select levels and purchase things, and to this day it's still a rather unique structure compared to other Lego games. I certainly look forward to see you eventually try all those additional levels sometime later.

So it looks like it'll probably be about a month before the next stream. I'm okay with that, as there's a few things I need to take care of in the next couple weeks that I could use some extra available time for. And it seems the next game to expect will be Lego Rock Band (which I had no idea even existed until you first mentioned it), and likely followed by a reattempt at Lego Dimensions (I'd just like to point out that, from what I've seen in other videos, all of the main story levels in that game can be completed with only the three characters and one vehicle provided by the starter pack, so you won't need to be concerned with any additional packs while going through those story levels). Oh, and let's not forget about that upcoming Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga game that still doesn't seem to have an official release date yet, but I'm sure will probably be available by the time you finish those other two games.

By the way, remember that link I posted way back near the start of this topic to a list of helpful guides of nearly every Lego game? Well, the guy who wrote them all has recently decided to rewrite all of them in an effort to make them more helpful and easier to understand, most notably with the inclusion of images to show where to find the various collectibles. So far, he's gone through only the three oldest games (Star Wars Complete Saga, Indiana Jones Original Adventures, and Batman 1), but from what I've seen, those new guides will certainly be more helpful than anything I could ever describe through the chat, so I'd recommend saving that old link if you haven't already done so.

First off, I'd just like to mention that among the things I took care of during this two-week break was an adjustment to my web browsing habits so that now I'm doing almost everything on my desktop, which means I can now be capable of commenting more quickly and more often here on the forums.

So, Lego Rock Band. Definitely a very unique game, I'll say that much. If anything, this brief glimpse I've now had of this game has certainly gotten me interest in it. Alas, just like with Lego Dimensions, I will most likely never get an opportunity to try this game myself, due to the fact that I do my gaming on a PC and not on a console system. Probably for the best, as I've honestly never even attempted any Guitar Hero type of game, and would probably end up performing quite horribly for a while at first. At least it was nice to hear some songs I definitely recognized, although there were also plenty I'd never really even heard of before. And as I mentioned in the chat, at some point, I'll probably search for some other playthrough videos of this game to see more of what the story mode involves.

I'll definitely look forward to what else Lego Rock Band has to offer over the next few Twitch Tuesday streams.

Edited by Chronicler06
fixed a typo

Quite unfortunate to suddenly have technical issues this week. Hopefully, the solution you suggested can prevent it next time.

So it seems there are many more different venues than there are of those nine special challenges (still can't remember what they're called). In addition to the sites of the three challenges we've seen so far (construction site, haunted mansion, and pirate ship), there's also the speedway and the skyscraper rooftop you unlocked this week, and with the addition of that original train station from last week, that's a total of six venues so far. It'll be interesting to see how many more become available as you further progress.

By the way, I don't think I really asked this, but did you happen to have already completed this game some time ago? I mentioned watching some other videos of this game and I wasn't sure if I should avoid mentioning any spoilers. Either way, I'll definitely still watch these Twitch Tuesday streams.

Well, sorry for making you concerned about the audio at first. I had only tested the volume control on my computer and assumed everything was fine on my end. At least I'm glad to know that it happened to you once before, so it's not like I should be too concerned about an incident like this.

Sure is interesting to see all the different types of "gigs" that you're now being offered, often without knowing which songs will be played until they start. And I especially liked listening to a certain pair of songs, the one featured in Lego City Undercover, and the one used in the game-opening video of this game. I also had a good laugh from that alien abduction cutscene.

So now we've seen four of the nine "Rock Power Challenges". I knew the fourth one would take place at the farm venue thanks to those playthrough videos I searched a couple weeks ago. I can't remember what the next three will be, so I may have to look that up again to refresh my memory (though I do remember what the last two will be).

Had the exact same problem as lest week, so thankfully I knew right away that all I had to do was refresh the page and the audio quality was perfectly fine.

So among some repeat songs and some new ones (including that one you said always seems notoriously tricky), we also saw the fifth Rock Power Challenge, which I'll admit I found rather entertaining. I can't recall for now what the next two will be, but I do know the last two are based around that alien theme.

With all those additional gigs and other things being thrown at you, it seems we can expect to see only one Rock Power Challenge for each stream for the rest of the game. At least this week's content can be considered just past the halfway point.

Yeah, we seemed like we were off to a good start the first week with two Rock Power Challenges, but it's definitely slowed down since then. Despite having played the game before, I honestly don't remember what triggers the challenges - I assumed it was based on reaching a certain number of fans/studs, so if that's the case, doing the bonus gigs that pop up is a good idea. If it's based on something else then perhaps I should focus my energies elsewhere to speed up progress.

Once again, I had to refresh the page to get the stream working properly. This time, it simply wasn't playing at all, and the only reason I knew it was actually live was due to the activation of that timer just under the video screen that displays how long the stream has been running. I'm not sure if it's because I tend to check on other things while I wait for the stream to start, but I'm beginning to think there might be something with Twitch that might not be quite right lately.

Another Rock Power Challenge complete, and now only three more left to go. You mentioned that the latest Rock Power Challenge was a song you had already played. While I don't really recall that one in particular, I can confirm that one of the songs you did in this stream will later be used in one of the upcoming Rock Power Challenges, and another one I think was one you did last week, so I guess I shouldn't been too surprised. For the road crew, if I'm not mistaken, the latest purchases will now cover all five slots for increasing number of fans, while the stud count has just two openings left.

I certainly look forward to seeing what other songs or special gigs you'll get to do before and after the next Rock Power Challenge for next week's stream.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy that you practically got half a dozen gigs all at once late in the stream and pretty much had to cancel half of them just to avoid going for too long. (Though ironically, that thing that made me consider leaving before the end of a lengthy stream turned out to not be going on this week, so I guess I ended up being impatient for nothing.) Although we didn't get to see a Rock Power Challenge this week, I did mention in the chat that the Pink song would be the one used in the upcoming challenge, so I guess we kinda got to hear it. Either way, I'll be looking forward to next week's stream (as well as your thoughts on that private message I sent yesterday).

When I mentioned I had just fully completed every Lego game, I failed to mention the only exception thus far was Lego Worlds, but let's face it, that game technically has no full game completion to reach for. Instead, what I've done is try to unlock all of the achievements, among which I've got only two left to go, though they're both very time-consuming to achieve. Heck, I may even continue trying to collect every unlockable item in that game, so I may continue playing for several more weeks. Either way, since progress in that game is more subjective (compared to the similarly structured Lego Movie 2 game which does have a definitive 100% completion to reach), I'm just going to technically declare my progress in all Lego games fully completed as of a few days ago.

So with Rock Power Challenge #7 completed, that just leaves presumably the last venue, which will apparently be unlocked after completing that huge gig you skipped over. I kinda glanced away from the screen for a moment, but did you actually happen to find a way to select that gig you skipped over? If so, does that mean you're actually capable of coming back to any previous gigs you might have skipped over? I sure hope that's the case, as I'd hate to think that certain parts of this game must be done right as they come up with no chance of coming back to them if something forces you to stop playing right away.

Whatever meets your requirements of completion is good enough for me. I definitely understand how it's hard to determine when you're done in a sandbox game like Worlds.

I did not do anything special to get to that gig, it just showed up again, unfortunately. There might be some way of getting the gigs to show up, but I haven't looked into it at all.

So now with only one Rock Power Challenge left to go, it looks like the story mode will be finished with next week's stream. I have to say, it's certainly been interesting to see the story progress. I'll confess my interest in trying this game, but since I'm strictly a PC gamer, I doubt I'll ever get such an opportunity (unless if someone made a mod that was playable on PC, which I guess could be possible considering it's such an old game).

Okay, as I said in the chat, I won't be able to watch this weekend's 24 hour stream, so I'll take this opportunity here to list off some bits of advice for each game. But first of all, you may recall that I mentioned that the guy behind all those Lego games guides has been rewriting them lately, so I should point out that the ones that have so far been completely rewritten are Star Wars Complete Saga, Indiana Jones Original Adventures, Batman 1, and Indiana Jones 2. If at any time you feel like you need to take a look at those guides, expect to wait a little for them to load, as they have lots and lots of images. Oh, and I recall there was a time when you felt like you had to turn off the game's music to be allowed to upload the videos, but since that's apparently no longer an issue, be sure to turn it back on when you get to any game for which it's still off (if I remember correctly, that applies to Batman 1, Jurassic World, and Star Wars Force Awakens, though I might be forgetting some others as well). And with that, now to list off some things specific to each game.

Star Wars Complete Saga: Pretty much the first thing you should do is purchase a bounty hunter character, such as Boba Fett. After that, you can pretty much go for anything of interest, though if you want to try the bounty hunter missions, you'll have to purchase several other characters (I'm not sure which ones, as I pretty much bought all of them at once when I played this game). Consider checking the guide to see which levels have a stud multiplier red brick to unlock.

Indiana Jones: You'll need to purchase some characters to obtain some abilities you currently lack, such as silver destruction (anyone with a bazooka will do), a thugee (I went with Mola Ram for that one), and anyone with a sword. If you want to collect everything in a level in one go, I would advise for now to avoid Level 1 of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Level 6 of Temple of Doom, as they both have a part where you must run without any falling to collect a minikit, meaning you'll have to restart the level of you fail to grab it.

Batman 1: You already have all the character abilities you'll need, but you'll need to purchase certain vehicles (can't remember which ones specifically) for the vehicle levels, so either pass on the vehicle levels for now, or start purchasing all the available vehicles.

Indiana Jones 2: Obviously you'll need to unlock one of the stud multiplier red bricks, so go for either the x2 in Crystal Skull Part 1 or the x3 in Raiders of the Lost Ark (in both cases, you'll need to destroy ten items, though one of them is in an area that you'll need to figure out how to access). (Thankfully, the images in the new guide should make it easy for you to figure out where to find all ten items, or determine which ones you've already destroyed.) Once you have unlocked and purchased one of those stud multipliers, you'll have to return to the warehouse so you can directly select the story levels where you failed to reach True Adventurer. From my experience, any one of those red bricks alone should be enough for every level, though feel free to try going for more if you like.

Star Wars Clone Wars: Although you've completed the main story mode, there's two other levels you have yet to play, but to reach them, you'll have to go to the hangar, hop in a vehicle, and fly over to and land within the opposing vessel. To the left, you'll have to purchase Cad Bane (blue guy with the big hat) to access the bounty hunter doorway. To the right, you'll need a certain amount of gold bricks to access that room (can't remember how many). There's also several battle missions and other things to do, but for now, I'd strongly recommend completing those two additional levels first.

Pirates of the Caribbean: I recall helping you get set up for pretty much everything (except purchasing a strong underwater character for Level 4 of Curse of the Black Pearl), so I've got nothing new to add here.

Batman 2: In the hub world, you'll need to defeat and purchase Lex Luthor, Joker, and Riddler to obtain all the abilities you'll need. After that, feel free to start searching the hub world for red bricks (I recall many of the stud multipliers require Riddler or Joker to unlock).

Lord of the Rings: I think you've already completed the bonus level, so you should have all the character abilities. Consider checking the guide to see which quests in the hub world offer certain red bricks, which mythril items they're asking for, and in which levels you'll find the designs for those items.

Marvel Super Heroes: The first thing you should do is purchase Magneto and Sandman to obtain all the character abilities you'll need. Then you can either replay the levels, or search the hub world for bonus levels to play, first in story mode, then in freeplay mode where you can collect and unlock red bricks.

Lego Movie Videogame: You must first purchase President Business and any characters that can destroy silver objects (like minifigure MetalBeard) and start fires (like that caveman). You'll find red bricks in the hub areas. For levels, Level 3 is the only one where you'll have to grab collectibles as you're falling, so if you miss something, you'll have to completely restart that level, so consider avoiding that one for now if you'd rather not get frustrated over restarting a level several times.

Hobbit: You'll need to purchase Saruman and Sauron to obtain the remaining character abilities. Check the guide to see where to find them in the hub world.

Batman 3: This game particularly frustrates me because some unique character abilities needed quite a bit of effort to find and unlock. I'd rather not go into any detail on how to collect them, so instead, you might consider searching the Watchtower hub area until you find the gateway to the Moon hub area, which will lead to the hub areas of the seven Lantern planets, all of which you might find interesting to explore.

Jurassic World: Some tasks in the hub areas will require certain kinds of dinosaurs to be unlocked, so you may want to replay the levels first. Some of them have sections where you'll be constantly running, so consider checking the guide to determine where exactly on the trails you should be to collect certain items as you run by.

Marvel's Avengers: You'll need to purchase Ultron (any version is fine) to obtain his special ability. The only other character ability you'll need is already covered by having the DLC (Black Panther specifically, so perhaps consider playing that DLC level), so you won't have to purchase any other characters.

Star Wars Force Awakens: Since you've already unlocked and completed all six of the bonus levels, there's not much left to do other than go for completing everything. If you have all the DLC, perhaps you could play any of those four levels for story content you won't find anywhere else.

Lego City Undercover: You'll need to purchase Rex Fury and select him to be among your playable characters (he'll replace your robber disguise, so he'll have all of those abilities in addition to super strength). That's pretty much all you'll need to do to be able to do everything else in this game.

Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame: There are still several character abilities you'll need to unlock, and you'll obtain them by completing Training Dojos (basically a quick level that's just a boss fight). You'll find one in each of the eight areas, so you'll be doing a lot of running around before you'll have enough characters unlocked to start collecting everything.

Marvel Super Heroes 2: All character abilities are unlocked, so you could either replay the levels, play the DLC levels, or complete certain quests in the hub world to unlock bonus levels (much like the first Marvel Super Heroes game, you'll have to play them in story mode first, then come back to them in freeplay mode to unlock red bricks).

Incredibles: This is actually the only game where I would strongly recommend doing everything in the hub world before replaying any of the levels, as you'll need to unlock several character abilities that you'll find only in the hub world. I would highly recommend that you focus on completing the Crime Waves, as each section you clear out will then have all items in that area show up on the map, making it much easier to find and collect them. Clearing Crime Waves will also unlock Pixar builds, which completing them will not only unlock a special character (some of which have abilities you'll need for game completion) but also provide access to unlock red bricks.

DC Super Villains: If I remember correctly, you still have four more bonus levels left to complete, so just follow the stud trail to go through each of them. After you've completed those bonus levels, then you can try other things. (You can also further customize your character at any time while out in the hub world by going into the building at the southeast corner of Metropolis.)

Lego Movie 2 Videogame: First of all, make sure you frequently use the scanner binoculars on everything that can be scanned, so those items can be added to the list of objects available on your build page (which I'm sure contributes to game completion). From what I recall, you've fully cleared out the Middle Zealand world, but not yet started the Unikitty world, so keep that in mind when considering which worlds to explore next. If you happen to have the DLC, then the three new available worlds each have their own story content to follow (basically things that occurred before the events in the movie), so you might find them interesting.

And that's pretty much all the important things I can think of for now. Hope this weekend's marathon stream goes well.

That sure was a fun game to see. I'll admit, I have my doubts I could ever be quite that good at playing such a game, though I suppose lots of experience might make a difference. Sorry I had to leave just a few minutes before the end of the stream, so I guess I'll have to later watch that last part, in addition to the content from last weekend.

By the way, are you going to provide video links for the content from that long stream last weekend? I suppose I have the option of watching it on BZP's Twitch channel, but I'm sure those videos are available for only two weeks, so it would be nice to have an alternative that would last longer.

So now all that's left for now is Lego Dimensions, and I'm definitely looking forward to it (and hopefully to completing more than just the first three levels without any technical issues). Since you're planning to include a camera view of the game pad, I would suggest placing it on the upper right corner of the screen, which is typically where you would see Player 2's character icon, and since I doubt you'll ever be playing with someone else, I'm sure that'll be the one part that's okay to cover up. By the way, I'd like to mention that even though I've never played Lego Dimensions myself, I have watched several playthrough videos years ago (I did it for extensive research for a fanfiction project that ultimately went nowhere), so I'll be familiar enough with all of the main story levels to capable of offering advice on how to advance through each of them (and I can assure you that all of the main story levels can be completed with only the three characters and one vehicle from the starter pack). (Also part of that "research" I did watching all those videos was because I found out that throughout the story, one of the three main characters will say something, and it's totally random which one of them will speak, meaning you might hear a comment from a different one of the three characters if you play through a level multiple times. As a result, you can expect to see me quote one of the unspoken character comments in the chat if I think it's funny enough to be worth sharing with you during the stream. Yes, I did in fact write them all down, so those quotes will be accurate.)

I guess I got caught up with other things and unfortunately didn't see your post with the tips until today. LEGO Star Wars TCS was interesting because I ended up playing most of it as Darth Vader and Jango Fett, who had a good mix of powers, especially after I realized that Vader can get through Stormtrooper doors. Pirates of the Caribbean, as you mentioned, I was set up for pretty well, although in the first couple of levels I replayed I think I forgot to check the compass frequently, and even once I got the minikit finder I was still unable to get all the pieces each time.

15 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

By the way, are you going to provide video links for the content from that long stream last weekend? I suppose I have the option of watching it on BZP's Twitch channel, but I'm sure those videos are available for only two weeks, so it would be nice to have an alternative that would last longer.

The videos are up on YouTube, here's some links:

Extra-Life 2020 Twenty-Four Hour LEGO Live Stream Part 1

Extra-Life 2020 Twenty-Four Hour LEGO Live Stream Part 2

Extra-Life 2020 Twenty-Four Hour LEGO Live Stream Part 3

I think I'll definitely start off Dimensions with the three main characters. Maybe we'll bring some others in if things go well. I certainly have a lot of packs that I never even opened that we can explore.

Aside from the initially faint game audio, everything seemed to go well so far. In fact, if I remember correctly from the first attempt at Lego Dimensions done five years ago, the first week's stream pretty much finished right at the exact same point as this week's stream did, so progress this time around is already looking good.

As I mentioned last week, I had written down a few years ago all of the possible story-related character reactions, and have decided to share some of them through the chat. Although I sometimes found myself struggling to keep up with you, I think I'll continue with it for further streams of this game, not only because some of them are rather funny but also sometimes they might even offer a hint of how to progress.

In addition, it took me a few days over this past week, but I managed to watch the entire 24-hour stream from over a week ago. I'll confess that despite knowing it was all pre-recorded by the time I watched it, I still ended up uselessly shouting at my screen several times (there were quite a few things you missed that I didn't even need to check a guide to remember). On the bright side, you probably have only one regular stream left to go to finish Bionicle Heroes, and you actually found that room in the Lego Movie game where you can rewatch cutscenes (which I had never been able to discover, despite playing through that game literally six times over the years). Overall, quite an interesting experience, but probably one that is best kept as a rare event.

Aside from that initially faint game audio again, everything went great on this week's stream. In fact, I recall that back when you first played Dimensions, the game actually crashed in the middle of the Joker boss fight, and since that obviously didn't happen this time, I'm feeling a little optimistic that you might finally be able to advance beyond the next level.

Even though I've seen numerous videos of all 14 story levels years ago, I'll refrain from mentioning any specific spoilers, and instead share only ambiguous things like how many areas to expect in an upcoming level. For example, the upcoming Doctor Who level has 7 areas, and is probably the longest of all the story levels. In fact, I would not be surprised if you end up with barely enough time in a single stream to complete just that level.

And of course, expect to see me share more story-related character comments in the chat throughout all the levels.

So it looks like great news from this week's stream. No crashing or any other technical issues at all, and now you've been able to finally advance past the start of Level 4.

Well, there might be only one minor issue, being the absence of those brief instructions after completing the level to place the next Keystone onto the portal. In fact, I noticed in the very final moments of this week's stream that apparently the Elemental Keystone from the previous level is also missing from the in-game portal, for some weird reason. Well, no point in accidentally breaking the game trying to solve that minor issue, so perhaps instead you should just go ahead and place that next Keystone (specifically, it's the one with the design of two circles, one slightly smaller than the other) onto the next available space on the model portal (the top right part). Of course, only reason I know that is because I've seen other playthrough videos of this game years ago.

I won't give away any specific spoilers for the remaining levels, but I will say that I have a feeling you might find the next level to be rather interesting.