Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

So that's two more levels completed. First was the DC world invaded by Sauron, and second was the Back to the Future world of 1885 where you confronted Lord Vortech himself. Still don't understand why three of the five Keystones still aren't showing up on the in-game portal, but I will say that I felt a huge relief that the instructions for X-PO did come up, because as you saw, completing that build triggered the next cutscene in order to start the next level. Believe me, after getting stuck on Level 4 a few years ago, it would have been a real pity to not be able to even start Level 7 due to some glitch, so thank goodness that didn't happen.

Also, it just occurred to me that had you been able to make it this far the first time you played this game (which was back in October 2015), you could've been playing that latest level close to "Back to the Future" Day at around the time that was a thing. Quite a tragedy, indeed.

Seeing as you understood that cake reference, I'm sure you can guess which world the next level will take place in, and I will say that it's one of the longer levels, so it might be the only level you'll have enough time for next week.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

With Level 7 completed, the story levels are now at the halfway point. And with all five Keystone abilities now unlocked, you now have the additional puzzle of trying to determine which Keystone to use in which order. Also, you might have noticed that now that X-PO is assembled, you'll hear some commentary from him whenever you hit one of those hint blocks.

Anyway, that was the Portal level, which certainly had its fair share of humor. I still won't specifically mention which universes the upcoming levels will feature, but let's just say that if you liked the one with Sauron in Metropolis, you might also like where the next level will be.

So that was Level 8, also known as "Riddle Earth". Not only did we see Riddler in Minas Tirith, but also Ninjago's Overlord, DC's Brainiac, and Portal's GLaDOS, along with orcs in Nindroid masks, alien green skin, and Portal helmets. Only in Lego Dimensions will you ever see such a crazy mixture of elements. :lol: As for that Legends of Chima cameo, I was not surprised to see it, since it's one of the 14 themes featured in the Year 1 content of this game. In fact, I'm convinced that if Lego Dimensions had been able to continue for a third year (which would've been 2017), Nexo Knights would've almost certainly been among the new themes that likely would've been introduced.

Six levels left to go to complete the main story levels. Fourteen themes across fourteen levels, which means each level has featured a different theme every time (so far, at least), so if you've been keeping track of which ones have already been visited, you might be able to figure out which ones there are left to go in the remaining levels.

Nine levels completed, just five more left to go among the main story levels. This one took place in the Ghostbusters world with elements of the Lego Movie thrown in and General Zod for the boss battle, hence the amusing reference of "Phantom Zone" (and keep in mind, the starter pack with these story levels came out almost two years before the Lego Batman Movie).

Since you haven't been keeping track of previous levels, I'll just quickly list off the different universes previously visited:

1. Wizard of Oz
  2. Simpsons
  3. Ninjago
  4. Doctor Who
  5. DC Comics
  6. Back to the Future
  7. Portal
  8. Lord of the Rings
  9. Ghostbusters

Of the remaining Year 1 themes, they are (in a completely random order) Lego Movie, Legends of Chima, Midway Arcade, Jurassic World, and Scooby Doo. Let's see if you can figure out which one of them X-PO considered "weird", as mentioned in the latest cutscene.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Of the remaining Year 1 themes, they are (in a completely random order) Lego Movie, Legends of Chima, Midway Arcade, Jurassic World, and Scooby Doo. Let's see if you can figure out which one of them X-PO considered "weird", as mentioned in the latest cutscene.

I feel like the least weird of those would be The LEGO Movie and Scooby Doo, but I'm going to have to go with Midway Arcade as being the weirdest, although maybe for a robot like Joel McHale X-PO a videogame is normal?

Okay, so that was fun to go through a Lego adaption of all those classic arcade games. Personally, I had never heard of any of them prior to the first time I had watched the content of this level, so I was honestly a little impressed that you were able to recognize at least one of them. Just four more levels left to go among the main story levels.

As for what to play next, well, I was thinking of perhaps sticking with Lego Dimensions a bit longer to try out those additional levels provided by certain packs. When you last played this game five years ago, you did the Back to the Future and Simpsons level packs, so perhaps you could start off with those before moving on to the ones you have not yet tried. The other Year 1 Level Packs are for Portal, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and Midway Arcade. After that, you might also then try some of the Year 2 content, or perhaps explore some of the hub areas based on each franchise. (Of those 14 worlds from the Year 1 content, DC, Lord of the Rings, and Lego Movie are already unlocked by the starter pack, the six level packs will each unlock their respective world, and of the five remaining, there's only one team pack for both Scooby Doo and Jurassic World, one fun pack for Wizard of Oz, and the remaining two of Ninjago and Legends of Chima can be unlocked by any one of the various packs that were available.)

I was definitely aware of Defender and Gauntlet and have heard of Robotron, but don't think I ever played it. Not sure what racing game they were specifically recreating, but as any watcher of our streams knows, I don't do racing games, haha.

After the stream on Tuesday I started looking through some of the other games I've played to see what percentage complete I have on the saves (and was depressed by how low some were). Some thoughts I've had are sticking with Dimensions, or making Dimensions a once-a-month thing where I pick a world and play that on the first Tuesday of the month or something along those lines. The rest of the month would be diving into other games to work on completing them. Part of me kind of wants to start with the Star Wars series as a prep for The Skywalker Saga, but I was also thinking about going down the list from highest percentage to lowest.

So that's another level completed. And since X-PO mentioned now having enough Foundation Elements to locate Foundation Prime (where Lord Vortech has been hanging out), it seems the next level will be taking place on that world. Yes, I had previously mentioned that each of the 14 levels are based around each of the 14 themes from the Year 1 content, but the thing about these last few levels is that rather than actually visit those worlds, they instead only have the minikits designed to reflect those themes, so keep an eye out for which type of minikit you'll collect in the upcoming levels to see which theme was designated to each level. (Just a reminder, the remaining three themes not yet visited are Lego Movie, Jurassic World, and Legends of Chima.)

Spoiler

By the way, I had asked in the chat if you recognized the suspicious mummy's voice to see if you could figure out it was Vortech before he was unmasked.

As for which other Lego game to return to after completing Dimensions, I would suggest starting off with Bionicle Heroes, since it seems what little you have left to complete could be done in only a single stream. After that, I don't really have anything particular in mind, though perhaps you might consider checking out those guides that can be found in that old link I offered back in the first page of this topic, since the guy behind them has been in the process of rewriting them and you might find those rewritten guides to be helpful.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:50 PM, Chronicler06 said:
  Hide contents

By the way, I had asked in the chat if you recognized the suspicious mummy's voice to see if you could figure out it was Vortech before he was unmasked.

As for which other Lego game to return to after completing Dimensions, I would suggest starting off with Bionicle Heroes, since it seems what little you have left to complete could be done in only a single stream. After that, I don't really have anything particular in mind, though perhaps you might consider checking out those guides that can be found in that old link I offered back in the first page of this topic, since the guy behind them has been in the process of rewriting them and you might find those rewritten guides to be helpful.

Yeah, I totally missed the voice. The voice actor did a good job disguising it.

I'm pretty sure I have the links to those guides saved somewhere as well, but thanks for the reminder! Of the games I've looked back through, Pirates of the Caribbean is the furthest along at 71.2% complete, but I haven't looked at Bionicle Heroes or any of the other games where I need to use the discs yet. One thing I'll definitely want to do before I go back to anything is come up with lists of which minifigs I need for the different abilities. That was definitely a problem I was running into in PotC.

Another level completed, and now only two more left to go. Just when you thought the story would end right there, Vortech gets his hands on the rest of the foundation elements, revealing the ultimate source of power to be... a baseplate. And to make matters worse, he then fuses Robin, Frodo, and MetalBeard into a three-headed monstrosity called The Tri. Definitely some unique story elements that can only be possible with a game like this.

Also, based on the type of minikits there are to collect, it seems this level's designated theme is Jurassic World, which leaves only Lego Movie and Legends of Chima that have yet to be featured (and since the Tri is being sent out to destroy the worlds of the three heroes, I think it'll be easy to guess which theme will be featured in the next level).

As for possible options of which Lego game to get back to next, I've been wondering about if you would ever consider Lego Worlds. If I remember correctly, there's still a lot a features you've yet to experience (buying and selling items with the night trader, catching "troublemakers" to unlock new parts to build with, exploring towns and dungeons, and much more), probably because your last time playing was spent on a quest utilizing the Build Tool (which I personally find so time-consuming that I actually try to avoid doing such quests, at least until after I've already done most of the other available quests). From my experience, the gameplay didn't seem that slow to me until only recently as I've been struggling to find those last few things I've yet to unlock.

There's other things to do in LEGO Worlds? I just remember wandering around the maps over and over again so much that I feel like those were some of the worst streams I've done, because they were so boring. I can see it being more fun if you're just doing it casually by yourself, but I don't know why anyone would want to watch me play that again, lol.

So that was the level that featured the Lego Movie world (as identified by the type of minikits), even though technically it was seen only in the first area. And with captured friends now rescued (my guess as to why MetalBeard was the one taken from the Lego Movie world is because those taken from the three prominent worlds could not be playable characters in order to fit the story, and since MetalBeard is such a big character, it was simply more practical to have him be the one excluded rather than any of the other significant Lego Movie characters), help has been recruited from several of the previously visited worlds to help stop Vortech in the upcoming final level.

To answer your question from last week, yes, there's definitely a lot more to Lego Worlds than just wandering around various maps and exploring what there is to find. I don't even seem to recall you ever experiencing the day and night cycle when you played (which pretty much should last only a few minutes per cycle, though I never really timed it myself to be sure), with some of the interesting features occurring only at night. There's also chests scattered around which can give you special items or even special builds to unlock, with the most valuable chests located within dungeons, which are basically underground mazes where you must find a special key in order to unlock the chest elsewhere in the dungeon. And of course there are quests to complete, sometimes singular, sometimes part of a series of quests, and sometimes rewarding gold bricks to eventually unlock special items and larger worlds to explore. Oh, and there's also the DLC special worlds featuring "Monster Town" and "Classic Space" (the latter I found especially nice to explore, because it features vehicles that are virtually identical to some of the actual Classic Space sets from the 80s).

In other words, I'd like to see Lego Worlds included among all the other Lego games in your poll next week and the weeks to follow.

And that was the final story level of Lego Dimensions. So how did you like the story? I like how nearly all of the Year 1 themes contributed in various amounts to the overall story, a story that probably only LEGO had any chance of realistically bringing together like this.

For my vote in the poll, there were definitely a few favorites of mine (Bionicle Heroes, Lego Movie Videogame, Lego City Undercover, Lego Worlds, Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame, and Lego Movie 2 Videogame), but since I could choose only one, I ultimately decided to go with Lego Movie 2. My reason is because I'd like to see you not only reach 100% completion in a game, but also unlock every single achievement in at least some of these Lego games, and from my experience, the Lego Movie 2 Videogame is perhaps the easiest one to do that while also being one of the quickest of these Lego games to reach that goal. Not to mention, the gameplay style of that particular game is similar to Lego Worlds, which I'm still eager to see you try playing again sometime soon.

As for the giveaway prizes, I'm not really interested in any of them (since the poll pretty much required us to select at least one, I decided to just go for all of them). If I do end up winning any of them, I'll probably just give them to my brother for his birthday in a few months, since he's more of a Star Wars fan than I ever was.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:15 PM, Chronicler06 said:

To answer your question from last week, yes, there's definitely a lot more to Lego Worlds than just wandering around various maps and exploring what there is to find. I don't even seem to recall you ever experiencing the day and night cycle when you played (which pretty much should last only a few minutes per cycle, though I never really timed it myself to be sure), with some of the interesting features occurring only at night. There's also chests scattered around which can give you special items or even special builds to unlock, with the most valuable chests located within dungeons, which are basically underground mazes where you must find a special key in order to unlock the chest elsewhere in the dungeon. And of course there are quests to complete, sometimes singular, sometimes part of a series of quests, and sometimes rewarding gold bricks to eventually unlock special items and larger worlds to explore. Oh, and there's also the DLC special worlds featuring "Monster Town" and "Classic Space" (the latter I found especially nice to explore, because it features vehicles that are virtually identical to some of the actual Classic Space sets from the 80s).

So what was I doing wrong when I was playing LEGO Worlds that I didn't see any of that stuff? It definitely sounds like it could be a lot more fun based on what you explained.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

And that was the final story level of Lego Dimensions. So how did you like the story? I like how nearly all of the Year 1 themes contributed in various amounts to the overall story, a story that probably only LEGO had any chance of realistically bringing together like this.

For my vote in the poll, there were definitely a few favorites of mine (Bionicle Heroes, Lego Movie Videogame, Lego City Undercover, Lego Worlds, Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame, and Lego Movie 2 Videogame), but since I could choose only one, I ultimately decided to go with Lego Movie 2. My reason is because I'd like to see you not only reach 100% completion in a game, but also unlock every single achievement in at least some of these Lego games, and from my experience, the Lego Movie 2 Videogame is perhaps the easiest one to do that while also being one of the quickest of these Lego games to reach that goal. Not to mention, the gameplay style of that particular game is similar to Lego Worlds, which I'm still eager to see you try playing again sometime soon.

As for the giveaway prizes, I'm not really interested in any of them (since the poll pretty much required us to select at least one, I decided to just go for all of them). If I do end up winning any of them, I'll probably just give them to my brother for his birthday in a few months, since he's more of a Star Wars fan than I ever was.

It was certainly interesting to see all the different themes all play their little parts, and it worked with the overall narrative.

Maybe instead of going straight to The LEGO Movie 2 I'll do the three LEGO Movie games in order. I definitely need to dig up the guide for TLM1 that you shared before though, and also not be half asleep after playing games for like 16 hours like I was last time. That was not fun...

And you should have gotten an email, because you were the winner! Make sure to reply to me so I can mail out the prize.

For Lego Worlds, I honestly don't understand why you never encountered the day/night cycle when you played, as I doubt that just one hour is too short a time to not experience that. Well, at the very least, I think you might find the Classic Space DLC world to be very interesting. (Also, towns and dungeons are unlikely to show up on the smaller worlds, so you pretty much have to complete some quests and collect gold bricks to eventually access larger worlds.)

I suppose all three of those games you just mentioned are ones you probably will be able to both complete and unlock all achievements, but like I said, Lego Movie 2 is the easiest. (The only struggle I can imagine with Lego Movie 1 is collecting those minikits in the beginning areas of Level 3 where you have to grab them as you slide down the hill, so make sure you study any videos you can find of that particular area of that particular level, because if you miss anything, you'll have to restart the level (I remember it took me at least a dozen tries when I first played that game). Ninjago might take some effort at stud collecting for both game completion and unlocking achievements, but I think it'll be easier than most other Lego games (even though there are some races to complete).) But above all else, now that I'm actually using the chat, perhaps that old guide I gave you might not be all that essential since I can just give you immediate advice, though I suppose there's no harm in having some extra reference in hand.

As for the prize, I'll have to get back to you on that sometime in the next few days, since you're apparently making me choose whether or not to include the box. I personally would rather include every piece of packaging with the set, but since I already mentioned it'll be going to my brother, I'll have to ask him and see what he would prefer.

I guess it's been a while since I last played the Lego Movie Videogame, because it's remarkable that in just a single one-hour stream, you completed the hub areas of Bricksburg, finished in the Old West and the Bonus Room, and made significant progress in Cloud Cuckoo Land, so all that's left to do (aside from purchasing red bricks and characters) is to finish Cloud Cuckoo Land and all of the Octan Tower.

Since you mentioned you'll be attempting some of the levels next time, I can assure you that some of the characters you had recently purchased (President Business, MetalBeard Minifigure, Caveman) will now cover all of the remaining abilities you previously lacked, so as long as you know where to go and what to do, you should now be capable of fully completing every single level. You'll still need to purchase some other characters for some specific achievements, but they can wait until later.

I should probably mention that while collecting the gold pages on level 3 will likely be the most difficult part of completing the game, there are two particular achievements that could be especially difficult to unlock, and they each require earning a perfect score on the two dance minigames (one on Level 1 and the other on Level 11). I know how to pull it off, but it's a little difficult to explain without seeing it in action, so I'll save it for the chat when the time comes. However, I can assure you that (in freeplay mode) you'll have the option to replay the dance minigame as soon as it ends (by stepping back onto the dance floor and hitting the button prompt), so you'll be able to make as many attempts as you need to without having to restart the level.

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention yesterday. That floating box beside the police station is where you can enter codes found on special pieces of certain Lego Movie sets to unlock a bonus character and one bonus pants for each code. (Specifically, the codes will be found in Benny's Spaceship, Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, the Super Secret Police Dropship, and the Rescue Reinforcements (the one with the firetruck mech).) If you happen to have those particular sets lying around somewhere, then you might want to consider checking the specially engraved part for the code to enter. If you'd rather not reveal those codes on a live stream, then you can go ahead and enter them on your own time and later share the unlocked content during the next stream.

(Also, the "Wild West" DLC provided not just those four bonus characters but also four bonus pants, which you'll find by simply looking further right in the selection box, and is where you will also find the bonus pants from the codes after you enter them.)

Appreciate all the info and suggestions! I have two of those sets that you mentioned, so I'll see if I can grab their tiles for next week. If the dance game is like DDR, hopefully I should be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. It's been so long since I last played that part (over 5 years!) that I don't really remember anything about it.

Hopefully with the red bricks that I've gotten so far it should be easier to get the pants and instructions, except for level 3, which I'm not looking forward to, lol.

I honestly don't understand why you were not given the option to replay the dance minigame (which I certainly recall being able to do when I played this game). Perhaps it might've been a glitch cause by skipping the first instruction page and the part with using the crane to reach the upper area, or perhaps collecting that bonus stud where you would've collected the pants eliminated that option, but whatever the issue, I just don't get it. :notsure: I suppose a glitch might always be the reason. After all, you apparently discovered one that prevented you from moving on to the second area (which I had never encountered before). I guess this should be a sign to be careful to not skip over too many story-related tasks while going through freeplay mode, at least for this particular game.

On the bright side, not only did you collect all five gold pages from the first level, but also managed to purchase all of the remaining red bricks. In fact, thanks to those stud multipliers, I think that in just the last minute alone of this week's stream, you were able to collect more than enough studs to purchase literally every single character you had not yet purchased. Since I see no other reason not to do so, then you might as well just start the next stream by just buying them all right away (which will also allow you to unlock some other achievements).

By the way, since I was a few minutes late to log in (didn't expect you to start the stream that much sooner than usual), I rewatched the first few minutes of the video you just uploaded to see which codes specifically you entered. It seems you unlocked the content from the Construct-o-Mech and Benny's Spaceship sets, though curiously, the exact codes you entered to unlock them don't match either of the two versions that can be found in the various guides I've seen, so I guess there are multiple ways to unlock that bonus content. Would it be okay if, during the next stream, I share with you the codes from the other two sets you don't have? Like I said, there are at least two variants of codes for these unlockables, and since you apparently have a completely different variant, it probably doesn't matter which one you use.

Edited by Chronicler06

On 2/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Since I see no other reason not to do so, then you might as well just start the next stream by just buying them all right away (which will also allow you to unlock some other achievements).

I'm assuming the billion studs achievement includes studs you spend and is more, 'earn a billion studs,' not, 'have a billion studs at once,' right?

On 2/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, Chronicler06 said:

It seems you unlocked the content from the Construct-o-Mech and Benny's Spaceship sets, though curiously, the exact codes you entered to unlock them don't match either of the two versions that can be found in the various guides I've seen, so I guess there are multiple ways to unlock that bonus content. Would it be okay if, during the next stream, I share with you the codes from the other two sets you don't have?

I believe the tiles in the sets each had a unique code on them, based on the way they were printed, which isn't like normal LEGO printing. Since I don't have any plans of buying seven year old sets on the secondary market, getting the codes would be awesome!

So that's one more level with everything collected, along with every character unlocked and purchased (including those requiring special codes), and even a few achievements unlocked too. And as your initial attempt on the start of Level 3 showed, collecting gold pages 2 and 3 will likely take quite a few attempts to obtain (though since you can apparently quit a level and save progress (as shown when you got those first two gold pages in the bonus area of Level 1 last week), perhaps you could do that if you manage to get one gold page but not the other from that mountain sliding area, then you can focus on just that other remaining gold page for the following attempts, and from there can then proceed to complete the rest of the level). But since that'll apparently have to wait until two weeks from now, I guess you'll have plenty of time to have a chance to find and study any videos to help you out with that.

As for next week's return to Lego Dimensions, I had previously mentioned that I think you should at least get through the two level packs you had already done years ago, at least for the sake of completely catching up to where you left off. That left me with a choice in the poll of either Back to the Future or the Simpsons, so I decided to go with Back to the Future, since that DeLorian vehicle has the unique ability of using those special time travel treadmills. (Also, looking up what kind of achievements there are for Lego Dimensions, it looks like there's one for having only a single character on the toypad for the duration of an entire level. I'm not sure if that applies to the bonus levels or if it has to be done in one of the main story levels, but at least this could be an opportunity to prove one way or the other, since Level Pack levels are designed so that they can be completed using only the contents of its respective pack (in the case of the Back to the Future level, all you really need is Marty McFly, the DeLorian Time Machine, and the Hoverboard to complete the level).)

(I sure hope I'm not the only one who bothered to vote in this poll. Otherwise, well... I guess my brother will be getting two Star Wars figures for his birthday.)

With the Back to the Future bonus level completed, that leaves only the Simpsons bonus level as the only remaining piece of previously completed content left to catch up on. And with time to spare after completing that level, it was nice to see you not only bring in Doc Brown and his vehicle, but also figured out how to upgrade vehicles (you'll unlock some achievements for doing that with the Batmobile), and even managed to complete a race (memories of Lego City Undercover made me concerned those would be a struggle for you, but I'm glad to see that might not be the case). Also, while I may not yet know whether or not you got that achievement for completing a level with just a single character, now that such an attempt was completed for one of the bonus levels, there's no need to do that again, so feel free to bring in other characters on the other bonus levels if you want to.

Well, looks like next week is not only back to the Lego Movie Videogame, but also onto the particularly tricky task of collecting gold pages 2 and 3 of Level 3. Here's hoping it won't take you too long to eventually figure it out.

15 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Also, while I may not yet know whether or not you got that achievement for completing a level with just a single character, now that such an attempt was completed for one of the bonus levels, there's no need to do that again, so feel free to bring in other characters on the other bonus levels if you want to.

It doesn't look like I got this achievement, so I guess it needs to be one of the main story levels.

After I posted yesterday, I got curious if the guy who wrote all those Lego game guides also did one for Lego Dimensions (since it's not available on Steam like all those other games seen in that old link back on this first page of this topic). After a quick search, I was able to find that he did write one on another site (including achievements), so if you'd like to have some help figuring out where to find and how to collect things like minikits and gold bricks, here's the link to it:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xboxone/144666-lego-dimensions/faqs/72740

Thank goodness that particularly frustrating area is now completed, so now it's just a matter of taking the time to make sure you actually get all of the remaining pants and gold pages on the remaining levels. And it seems we have both learned that you can quit and save progress in a level, so long as you do it before you reach the first save point.

If you were wondering about that part where you suddenly had two Batmans, that because there's a glitch where, in freeplay mode, if you ever use Batman's grapple gun to pull yourself up onto those yellow handles, your other character will automatically switch to Batman and uselessly jump around under that yellow handle endlessly (at least until either you come back down or switch to that other Batman).

As for other achievements to unlock, there's one for destroying the Invisible Jet, which you'll find in Level 6 (Cloud Cuckoo Land, which you might get to next week, so I'll let you know where to find it). There's also an achievement for using the Robo Skeleton's laser attack on Emmet (so that means attacking your other character to make that possible). And while there's that achievement you mentioned of using Lord Business's Kragle attack on ten people, there's another achievement for using it on both Pa Cop and Ma Cop in the Relic Room (the last area of Level 10, which again must involve attacking your other character, twice in fact). And in addition to all those other achievements for game completion, there's also one for completing all 15 gold instruction builds (which can be done in the bonus room). And of course, there's the one for a perfect score on that other dance minigame in Level 11 (and unless you're willing to possibly go through several tries, it's probable that those two achievements for the dance minigames might be the only ones you won't get).

Kind of funny that the game ended up crashing at literally the final moments of the stream. I did notice the video quality get gradually worse over the last few minutes before that happened, so perhaps keep that in mind for next time.

Anyway, whenever I play levels in freeplay mode, I typically try to stick to the story sequence of tasks so I can be sure I don't accidentally trap myself somewhere or skip over one of the collectibles. Sometimes things will go by just fine (as you did with passing the fire and the ladder on the train), but I personally prefer to not take any chances. I suppose that might explain why I occasionally try to be very insistent completing certain tasks before trying certain others, though as you've been able to demonstrate, at least some levels in freeplay mode don't have to be done in such a rigid way to obtain everything there is to collect.

As for the achievements, one more I forgot to mention last time is the one for using Benny on all three Master Builds in the server room (second and final area of Level 12). In other words, you must have Benny build all three sections of his spaceship. Other than that, I've already mentioned all the other remaining achievements, so now it's just a matter of going for it.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Anyway, whenever I play levels in freeplay mode, I typically try to stick to the story sequence of tasks so I can be sure I don't accidentally trap myself somewhere or skip over one of the collectibles. Sometimes things will go by just fine (as you did with passing the fire and the ladder on the train), but I personally prefer to not take any chances. I suppose that might explain why I occasionally try to be very insistent completing certain tasks before trying certain others, though as you've been able to demonstrate, at least some levels in freeplay mode don't have to be done in such a rigid way to obtain everything there is to collect.

I never specifically try to bypass tasks, but sometimes I just end up flying around and bypassing them before I see your comments in the chat. I definitely don't want to break things and have to replay the level if I can avoid it, haha.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

As for the achievements, one more I forgot to mention last time is the one for using Benny on all three Master Builds in the server room (second and final area of Level 12). In other words, you must have Benny build all three sections of his spaceship. Other than that, I've already mentioned all the other remaining achievements, so now it's just a matter of going for it.

Yep, I'm tracking that one and the Ma and Pa Bad Cop ones as being the specific level ones I need to do, plus the dance minigames. Hopefully I do better at the next dance game!

Two more levels done with everything collected. I guess last week getting three levels done might have been a fluke due to one of those levels having just one remaining item to collect near the beginning. Anyway, just six levels left to go, so it won't be much longer until this game is fully completed.

A bit of warning for the next level, the final gold page is collected by using the Lord Business legs switch in the far left corner of the Relic Room, but even though the level is supposed to end by grappling down the sheet of foil, I have once accidentally ended that level by simply walking too close to the pillar holding up that foil, so I would advise that you make sure to keep your distance from that thing while trying to reach the final gold page, or you'll be forced to play through the entire level all over again (and since I always try to stick to the story sequence of tasks (in this case, jumping over and then shutting off the lasers), I've never tried flying over the lasers to reach the Lord Business legs switch, so I have no idea how effective that would be).

23 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Two more levels done with everything collected. I guess last week getting three levels done might have been a fluke due to one of those levels having just one remaining item to collect near the beginning. Anyway, just six levels left to go, so it won't be much longer until this game is fully completed.

A bit of warning for the next level, the final gold page is collected by using the Lord Business legs switch in the far left corner of the Relic Room, but even though the level is supposed to end by grappling down the sheet of foil, I have once accidentally ended that level by simply walking too close to the pillar holding up that foil, so I would advise that you make sure to keep your distance from that thing while trying to reach the final gold page, or you'll be forced to play through the entire level all over again (and since I always try to stick to the story sequence of tasks (in this case, jumping over and then shutting off the lasers), I've never tried flying over the lasers to reach the Lord Business legs switch, so I have no idea how effective that would be).

Definitely good to know - I'll try to avoid that foil next week!

Levels 10 and 11 completed, along with their respective achievements. Just four more levels left to fully obtain everything (including using Benny to build all three parts of his spaceship in the upcoming level) and the game will be fully completed (after which point, you'll still need to go to the Bonus Room to complete all 15 gold instruction builds). As for getting the perfect score on the dance minigame on Level 1, I don't mind whether you try it in a future stream or just on your own at any available time, because now that you've figured out the proper technique to pull it off, I don't need to be there to give you reminders (and if you do need reminders, you could always just rewatch the stream that was done today).

For next week on Lego Dimensions, I know I did say I wanted you to complete that Simpsons bonus level to fully catch up to where you left off last time, but now that I've read the guide that I posted a link for earlier this month, I've got something different in mind. I'm very sure that of all the red bricks there are to obtain, the one you'd want more than any other would be the stud multipliers (which will make it easier to obtain the "Rule Breaker" status in all the levels). According to the guide, there's only one such red brick available, and you'll find it in the Lord of the Rings hub world, so that why I've decided to cast my vote this month for Lord of the Rings. Not only will that give you the chance to get that stud multiplier red brick (identified as "Dwarf's Bounty"), but also you'll probably be interested in bringing in those fun packs for the Lord of the Rings theme (if I remember correctly, there's Legolas, Gimli, and Gollum). (If you're too lazy to take a look at that guide I linked to in that earlier post, that red brick can be obtained by destroying some drone somewhere in the Shire.)

Of course, since vehicle upgrades cost gold bricks, I'll still insist that the very first thing you should do next week is to fully upgrade the Batmobile, since you'll get quite a few achievements for doing so.

Oh, and since I am actually interested in the prize this time (Lego Movie 2 minifigure), here's hoping I win the raffle again.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

For next week on Lego Dimensions, I know I did say I wanted you to complete that Simpsons bonus level to fully catch up to where you left off last time, but now that I've read the guide that I posted a link for earlier this month, I've got something different in mind. I'm very sure that of all the red bricks there are to obtain, the one you'd want more than any other would be the stud multipliers (which will make it easier to obtain the "Rule Breaker" status in all the levels). According to the guide, there's only one such red brick available, and you'll find it in the Lord of the Rings hub world, so that why I've decided to cast my vote this month for Lord of the Rings. Not only will that give you the chance to get that stud multiplier red brick (identified as "Dwarf's Bounty"), but also you'll probably be interested in bringing in those fun packs for the Lord of the Rings theme (if I remember correctly, there's Legolas, Gimli, and Gollum). (If you're too lazy to take a look at that guide I linked to in that earlier post, that red brick can be obtained by destroying some drone somewhere in the Shire.)

You make a very strong case there! I'll have to see about digging up those fun packs.

Although you didn't get around to two of the three Lord of the Rings fun packs, at least you got quite a few easy achievements obtained. But while you did obtain that x2 stud multiplier red brick, I just checked the guide and it turns out you'll need 1,000,000 studs to purchase it, and from what I saw at the end of the stream, you had only somewhere over 200,000, despite the stud meter getting close to the "Rule Breaker" rank for collecting 800,000 (so while it's good to know that purchases won't affect progress on hub world "Rule Breaker" progress, I'm still concerned that leaving the hub worlds before filling that stud meter would probably cause it to reset when you come back, just like restarting a level). I guess purchasing all those upgrades for the Batmobile cost quite a lot, but now that you actually have them, you can just switch them on or off to whatever setting you would prefer (just so you know, the second model can use those triple grappling points, while the third model can shatter glass objects). Anyway, for the next time you're back on Lego Dimensions, you may want to hold off on purchasing any upgrades or renovation quests until you can afford that red brick.

As for why I didn't mention that other red brick for the x4 stud multiplier, I confess that I wanted you to largely stay with the Year 1 content for a while, but if you really want to go for it, then I suppose next month's stream will involve going through the Goonies bonus level (much like with Back to the Future or Simpsons) before reaching that hub world to find that red brick (it'll cost 2,000,000 studs, so even if you do get it, you'll have to hold off on purchases to afford it like the other one).

All good information! Next time we'll have to go to a new world and focus on amassing studs so I can purchase it. Out of curiosity, do you know of any lists of the characters and their abilities? It would be good to have that handy so I can come up with a collection of figs to focus on unboxing to be able to access all the areas and gold bricks and such.

One more level completed, three more to go (the first is relatively long, but the last two should go by rather quickly). That glitch of getting MetalBeard trapped on the lower floor was definitely a new one for me. I think I might have once tried to do that intentionally (though not until after I had already completed all of his tasks to avoid the risk of needing to restart the level), but was never able to accomplish it, so that fact that you did get MetalBeard down there makes it all the more surprising for me.

At least with the limited time left afterward, you took the opportunity to complete some of those gold instruction builds. As I mentioned in the chat, some of those models are based on sets that were actually released while others are models that are probably seen only in that game. Specifically, the models from levels 2, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 appear in actual sets, while the models from levels 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 are designs that you'll see exclusively in the game.

Good work getting that spaceship achievement, and since you mentioned also getting the other dance minigame achievement as well, that leaves just five achievement left to go, all of which will be unlocked upon completing the game (and building all of those gold instruction builds).

Also, I have literally no idea what that whole Twitch reward thing or whatever was all about. In all honesty, I've used my Twitch account solely for the purpose of using the chat during these Twitch Tuesday streams. I've never used any channel points I've gotten (currently somewhere over 11,000) or claimed any bonuses or gifts or whatever that other stuff is all about. It's all just way too confusing and overwhelming for me to understand any of it. Put simply, I'm just using my account to chat on only one channel for only one hour every Tuesday, so why bother with all that other stuff?

Finally, to answer your question from last week, there is a wiki site for Lego Dimensions, and the front page has all of the playable characters listed (though you'll have to go to each character page to see which abilities they have, in addition to a bunch of other information). Here's the link: https://lego-dimensions.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_Dimensions_Wiki

And while I'm on the subject of Lego Dimensions, I think that once you've brought in all of the Year 1 (Waves 1-5) characters and their respective builds (no need to purchase any upgrades), then you can start going through all of the story levels again to try collecting everything, as well as with the bonus levels from those Year 1 level packs. I haven't read the guide extensively enough to know what will be needed for the Year 2 bonus levels, but obviously you won't need any Year 2 content to fully complete the Year 1 levels and hub areas (14 in total). Thankfully, 100% completion is not among the achievements for that game, but there are achievement for at least making some progress through each of the level packs and story packs (and unless you ever change your mind regarding the Harry Potter themes, such full completion of Lego Dimensions beyond the Year 1 content will not be possible).

Congratulations on reaching 100% completion and unlocking all achievements for the Lego Movie Videogame! :winner:

Yes, it looks like this really is the first Lego game you've been able to fully complete (aside from Bionicle Heroes (which, by the way, I'd be happy to help you fully complete that one level you struggled with on the stream, whenever you'd like to get around to it)). This was also the first Lego game I fully completed, but that's mostly because it was the only Lego game I had been interested enough in to actually purchase it back then. Interesting to think the initial reason I first got interested in Twitch Tuesday was because this was one of the earliest games you got and I wanted to see you try a game I was familiar with, and the only reason I eventually got interested in all the other Lego games was because I ended up continuing to watch Twitch Tuesday even after you had finished Story Mode and moved on to something else. (In a way, I guess you could say things have now come full-circle today.) Of course, being the only Lego game I had for a while, it shouldn't be too surprising that I was obsessed enough to fully complete it multiple times. For every other Lego game, I have thus far been able to fully complete each and every one of them only once (with the exception of Star Wars Force Awakens, but that was only because a technical issue with unlocking the 100% completion achievement essentially forced me to play through the whole game all over again before I finally got it). There's definitely a few of these Lego games I'd like to completely play though multiple more times, but I just haven't had the time for it yet.

So now it's time to move on to completing the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame. I suppose you're probably interested in some initial advice, so I'll offer perhaps some important things to start off. First of all, I'm guessing you'll want the stud multiplier red bricks, and in that game, there's only a x2 multiplier available, which you'll find in the eighth and final area (so assuming you left off immediately after completing Story Mode, you should be already there when you start up the game next week). That'll be helpful for going through the "Training Dojos", which are basically mini levels that involve a boss fight to unlock various characters (some of which will provide useful abilities you'll need to access certain places, so that's definitely something you'll want to get done as soon as possible). As for the achievements, many of them should be rather simple, but the only one I think you might some difficulty with is for reaching an attack combo of x100 (basically hitting enemies over a hundred times without slowing down), but if my experience is anything to go by, that could be doable in some of the training dojos (so long as you focus only on the endless waves of minor enemies and avoid trying to defeat the boss that will end the level). There's more advice I have to offer, but I think this will be enough to get you started next week (though you might want to also refresh your memory on how to perform all those different types of attacks).

Anyway, nice work with completing the Lego Movie Videogame. I'll definitely be looking forward to the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame next week. (Oh, and you might want to be sure you've watched the Ninjago TV series at least up to the end of Season 7 if you'd like to recognize all of the additional characters that will be available to unlock in that game.)