Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

I started looking at the Ninjago achievement list and saw all the dojos, so it looks like that will be where I head after the 2x multiplier. I'll try to do some more research into it over the weekend.

I'm currently working my way through Season 12 of the show, so I think I'll be good on recognizing the characters. I'm looking forward to moving on to a new title!

Great to see that, despite a bit of a slow start getting that stud multiplier, you had just enough time to get through all eight dojo challenges. There are actually two ways to access the dojos, either directly from the map (the faster method, as you did), or by finding and entering the pagoda style building present in each of the eight areas (which is what I did when I played this game). Also, I noticed that with each dojo completed and with each of the 20 ranks reached, new custom character parts would be unlocked, so getting all of that taken care of before trying the character customizer will leave you with a lot more options to choose from.

In addition to the character customizer, another thing worth checking out before moving on to the freeplay exploration is the Battle Arena. From my experience, although they are designed for multiplayer, the other players can be AI controlled, so you can enjoy that feature in single player mode as well. That's good, because there are three achievements to unlock from using the battle arenas. Basically, you don't have to worry about actually winning any of the battles. All you really need to do is simply complete a round of each of the three different modes, as well as use each of the different power-ups (there's six different types, according to a guide I recently checked on) available in the arenas at least once.

And to answer one of your questions from the stream, yes, both Ninjago Movie and Lego Movie 2 games are actually among the quickest Lego games to fully complete (about half as long as most other Lego games, based on my experience). From what I could tell, I had believed the only potential difficulty you might've had with Ninjago Movie would be completing the dojos good enough to unlock everything, earning that x100 combo achievement, and completing all of the races (and with two out of those three already done, it seems this game probably won't be too much trouble for you after all.) Lego Movie 2 should be even easier, as the only issues I foresee for you is again completing the races (along with an additional feature that I'm not sure if it's necessary for game completion, but we'll save that for when you actually get to that game).

As for next week's stream of Lego Dimensions, since there was unintentionally no poll (which sadly means no chance for a prize), I suppose I'll just go ahead an repeat what I've mentioned previous times and suggest going for the Simpsons bonus level to finally get fully caught up to where you had progressed in your first run through the game. Notably, I recall one of the minikits required using a Keystone ability (one that the first time around you did not have unlocked due to your incomplete progress through the story levels), so at least this time, you'll have a chance to get that one. And of course, after the bonus level is complete, you could also bring in the other Simpsons packs (Bart and Krusty, if I remember correctly). Hopefully, by the time you're done all of that, you'll have enough studs to purchase that x2 stud multiplier red brick.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:00 AM, Chronicler06 said:

In addition to the character customizer, another thing worth checking out before moving on to the freeplay exploration is the Battle Arena. From my experience, although they are designed for multiplayer, the other players can be AI controlled, so you can enjoy that feature in single player mode as well. That's good, because there are three achievements to unlock from using the battle arenas. Basically, you don't have to worry about actually winning any of the battles. All you really need to do is simply complete a round of each of the three different modes, as well as use each of the different power-ups (there's six different types, according to a guide I recently checked on) available in the arenas at least once.

Yeah, I definitely think that's where I'll start when I play again in a week and a half. Seems like it should be straightforward.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:00 AM, Chronicler06 said:

As for next week's stream of Lego Dimensions, since there was unintentionally no poll (which sadly means no chance for a prize), I suppose I'll just go ahead an repeat what I've mentioned previous times and suggest going for the Simpsons bonus level to finally get fully caught up to where you had progressed in your first run through the game. Notably, I recall one of the minikits required using a Keystone ability (one that the first time around you did not have unlocked due to your incomplete progress through the story levels), so at least this time, you'll have a chance to get that one. And of course, after the bonus level is complete, you could also bring in the other Simpsons packs (Bart and Krusty, if I remember correctly). Hopefully, by the time you're done all of that, you'll have enough studs to purchase that x2 stud multiplier red brick.

Simpsons sounds like a plan, and I can show off the WIP of the display I've made for the Dimensions figures and vehicles. It's very basic at the moment, but there are plenty of characters and levels to check out so I'll be able to update it over time.

Minor technical issues and lengthy distractions aside, this week's stream went by relatively well. I remember when you brought in those Wave 4 Fun Packs way back when you struggled to get through the frequently crashing level the first time around and I assumed you'd wait until visiting their respective hub worlds to reintroduce them, but I guess you decided to go ahead with Superman and Aquaman anyway (though you allowed the build of Aquaman's vehicle but not Superman's, interestingly enough). Also, after another glance at the guide just after the stream ended, I now wish I had told you to at least take an extra minute or two to search for the red brick in the Simpsons hub world, because that one apparently is the gold brick detector (oh well, maybe another time).

Well, now that you're completely caught up to your past progress on Lego Dimensions, I think that what could be done next in that game would be to first get through the other level packs (Portal, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and Midway Arcade, to cover all of the Year 1 level packs) in order to obtain many character and/or vehicle abilities that are not available with anything else, then move on to the other remaining themes featured in the Year 1 content. Of course, that all depends on how the polls go over the next few months, but that's what I believe should be done next.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to further progress in the Lego Ninjago movie Videogame next week.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:16 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Well, now that you're completely caught up to your past progress on Lego Dimensions, I think that what could be done next in that game would be to first get through the other level packs (Portal, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and Midway Arcade, to cover all of the Year 1 level packs) in order to obtain many character and/or vehicle abilities that are not available with anything else, then move on to the other remaining themes featured in the Year 1 content. Of course, that all depends on how the polls go over the next few months, but that's what I believe should be done next.

That definitely makes sense. Prior to this week's stream, I slightly reorganized my Dimensions sets so they were more easily accessible, and had already put the level packs in the front, since playing those first seemed logical.

As far as Superman and Aquaman go, I really only had them out so my little display wouldn't seem so empty, but have their powers handy ended up helping. Just a happy coincidence!

Well that was a mess.

We had the opportunity tonight to interview the contestants of LEGO Masters Season 2, which was supposed to run from 5-7 PM. Instead it ran until 8:30 PM. So apologies for the late start to the stream. Then we had some annoying technical issues affecting the audio and chat overlay, unfortunately. But we did make it through all three Battle Arena modes and use all of the power-ups, so three achievements were unlocked!

And to be clear, it was awesome to talk to the LEGO Masters folks, and you'll certainly see content from that on our front page over the next week or more. It was just unfortunate that it ran into our stream.

Yeah, I'm really upset about this week's stream. I had to go do something at 9:00, so I figured I'd stop bothering to wait at 8:30, which I only just found out is exactly when you finally started the stream, so I completely missed out right at the moment when I was convinced that you would be cancelling this week's stream. I just finished watching the recording on Twitch, so at least you managed to get those three achievements, though I'm still frustrated that I didn't have a chance to mention some things in the chat, like how I remember being really dominant in the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon round when I had played these Battle Arenas, or that the only other Lego game to have Battle Arenas like this is Marvel Superheroes 2. Thank goodness someone else was in the chat to inform you of the audio issue, otherwise that recording would have been really messed up. At the very least, I appreciate that you had a reasonable explanation for being so extremely late (still pretty upset, but I won't hold it against you).

At least things went a little bit smoother this week. It took a little figuring some things out, but you managed to collect everything in that area (aside from that locked door that requires 100 gold bricks). And since it seems you're about 20 gold bricks away from opening that locked door, it's possible that you could come back to that area after collecting everything in just the very next area alone. We'll just have to see next week if that'll work out.

EDIT: A few other things I forgot to add. It looks to me like a frequent problem you've been having is that you tend to jump off the running walls and jumping posts a little too early and thus causing you to fall off. From my experience with this game, the running walls are done with only the initial jump to get started and you'll finished automatically, and you'll always make the jumps between the posts and handles so long as your character is simply made to move in the correct direction, so my advice is to basically don't make this game more complicated that it's intended to be. Since those agility moves is the one thing about races that super speed can't overcome, it's certainly something to keep in mind. Also, it seems we've been referencing different guides, because the one I was checking sure wasn't being that particularly specific about some of the gold bricks.

Edited by Chronicler06

I've been using the guide here, since I can also easily use it to track my achievements. It seems to work pretty well for the most part, although like any user-created guide it's not going to be perfect.

Appreciate the tips on the platforming stuff. I definitely tend to overthink it, since it's targeted at younger kids after all and I guess they want to make it as accessible as possible.

Good to see things went relatively well this time, despite difficulty with that jet ski race (better get used to the occasional frustration like that, because most of these Lego games have these races as part of the hub world tasks for full game completion). Even better that you even got time to spare for the last few things in the previous area. Just six more areas left to go.

For next week's Lego Dimensions stream, I voted for Portal, because as I've mentioned before, there's still some Level Packs to go through. I personally would like to see them done in the order they were originally released, starting with the three of them that came from Wave 1, and since two of those (Back to the Future and Simpsons) have already been done, that just leaves Portal left to go, so that's why I made my vote there. It's been such a long time since I saw a playthrough video of that bonus level, but I have a feeling it might likely take up the full one hour stream time (good thing that theme has no other additional packs).

And thank you for deciding to slightly adjust the schedule of these streams so that I don't have to worry about missing episodes of Lego Masters starting next week. I don't have cable anymore, but the TV streaming service we use at my house does provide many channels live, and I personally prefer to watch these shows at their scheduled time (mainly because it seems that whenever I decide to use the option of watching streams or recordings of shows at any time I want, I have a tendency to just keep putting it off to the point that I never manage to actually watch them for a very long time).

Everything seemed to go just fine this week, and with almost perfect timing too. Not much else I can think of to say, though since you're definitely more familiar with Portal than I am, I'm sure there were certain moments in that level that you might have enjoyed. By the way, you mentioned not having all of the packs, so could you provide a list of which ones you don't have, so that I can understand which options are not possible in future polls (unless of course if you get lucky enough to somehow obtain them sometime later on).

Looking forward to the next areas to explore in the Ninjago Movie game over the next few weeks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the stream that, yes, I got the recent raffle prize. And as I mentioned in the email, I'll be giving that and the other two Star Wars figures to my brother for his birthday next week.

Yeah, from my personal experience, I knew for sure that one particular race would be especially frustrating. (It was even worse for me because I had tried it without knowing I needed a fast character, and I hadn't yet unlocked any of them anyway on my first attempts.) I can't remember for sure which races in the other remaining areas will be just as difficult, but I doubt it's more than just a few, with most of the races actually much more easily doable.

With the third area apparently halfway completed, I'm sure you'll easily have it finished next week with time to spare to start with the fourth area.

(By the way, it's a good thing I recently figured out how to access my family's Hulu account on my computer, because I was able to immediately switch windows and start watching Lego Masters as soon as the stream ended, so that was cutting it as close as absolutely possible.)

I was trying to get caught up on things when the stream started, so I didn't really pay that much attention to it at first while I finished up with that other thing.

Anyway, aside from a few moments of getting lost, things in the stream seem to go well. That race in the Uncrossable Jungle area, I remember trying to cut the corners as closely as possible back when I made my first few attempts at it, so I think that might've been another one of those races where super speed was necessary, so it's good that you were able to complete it after only a few tries.

Once that area is complete, only four more areas left to explore, so it seems freeplay content is currently at approximately halfway done.

I was definitely very happy with how few attempts it took to do the races this week! I have it on good authority that once the Olympics start, LEGO Masters will be taking a mid-season hiatus. I'm thinking I'll keep the 7 PM start though until the season wraps up just to be less confusing. Maybe I'll do an extra-long stream one time so I can finish up whatever half-level I have left and then a complete level, to get things more consistent.

Well, looks like you may not have to worry about going overtime to complete one and a half areas, seeing as this week's stream ended up doing a lot of trying to navigate your way through the area just to find what was left to do (not to mention getting confused in places where you had already collected items, which also left me mistaken at times). At least you managed to fully complete the area with only a couple minutes to spare, so now four area have been finished, with four more left to go. I suspect it might be because natural places might be more difficult to navigate than city streets, but let's just hope that the remaining areas won't be quite so time-consuming to find everything.

With how confusing all those twisty tunnels could be, I was just as surprised as you were that you finished the area so quickly. I guess it might've largely been due to none of the three races giving you too much trouble (pretty much just needed to freeze some waterfalls along the way and it was not much trouble after that). Anyway, nice that you now got over 150 gold bricks, and only one red scroll left to go (with the one you just got being particularly useful). Just three more areas left to go for full game completion.

For the poll, I've already mentioned that I wanted to see you go through all of the Year 1 level packs first, and since all three of the Wave 1 level packs are now done, that just leaves the three others that were released in later waves. Next up would be the one that was released in Wave 2, which would be Doctor Who (as I'm sure you can guess, the Tardis is a vehicle with a unique ability, so it will definitely be necessary for full completion of some other levels). I really do hope you actually have that level pack, because the only other Doctor Who pack is the Cyberman fun pack, and I would find it disappointing to see you explore the Doctor Who hub world without a Tardis to reach some special areas. (Hopefully, the level won't be too long that I would have to leave before you finish because of Lego Masters.)

Oh, and before I forget, I remember you once mentioned the possibility of doing another 24 hour stream sometime later this year. If you're going to try that, then I personally think that Lego Worlds would be the perfect Lego game for such a marathon stream. For most Lego games, it's rather easy to reach a good stopping point anywhere within an hour, but with Lego Worlds, I will confess that I've occasionally found myself playing it for several hours longer than I had intended, because there's just so much to explore and collect. Even after well over a hundred gameplay hours, I'm still trying to find some things I have not yet discovered, all within only a single save file. If you do consider playing Lego Worlds for a marathon stream, I'll be sure to make an effort to be there and help you out if you get confused about anything in that game.

Edited by Chronicler06

Although I had to stop watching the stream so I could see Lego Masters, I kept the stream running, except with the volume muted so it wouldn't interfere with watching the show. (Note to self: remember to unmute the volume at the start of next week's stream so I don't mistakenly think there's an audio issue.) I did briefly check back in during a commercial break (you were on the Davros boss fight at the time) and had considered leaving a quick note in the chat, but decided not to so I wouldn't risk missing a moment of the show. Anyway, once I had finished watching Lego Masters and a few other things, I watched the Twitch recording of the remainder of today's stream, so now I can make my weekly comment here.

So now that you got to see in action the various abilities of both the Doctor and the Tardis, I'm sure you now understand just how useful they are for accessing certain bonus areas. The Tardis and the DeLorean time machine may use different switches, but they both have the same time travel functions, so the usage of time travel to solve certain obstacles like you saw in this level will work for many of the bonus areas that either of those two vehicles can access.

There's one more ability the Doctor has that you didn't get to see, but that's only because it doesn't activate until after that level was completed. Basically, instead of dying like most characters normally do when they lose all of their health (which you saw rather extensively throughout the level), the Doctor will instead "regenerate" into a different version of the Doctor, done in cycle of First Doctor, Second Doctor, Third Doctor, Fourth Doctor, Fifth Doctor, Sixth Doctor, Seventh Doctor, Eighth Doctor, War Doctor (the one played by John Hurt), Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor, Twelfth Doctor, and then back to the First to repeat the cycle. If you want to play as any particular Doctor without having to go through the whole cycle, there's a panel in the Tardis interior that allows you to select any of the thirteen versions that you can immediately switch to. Also, the Tardis interior will actually reflect whichever Doctor is currently active (so for example if you play as the Eleventh Doctor, you'll see the interior design that was used with him, and the design will even go to black and white for the First and Second Doctors), so that's yet another fun thing to see.

Another thing of note from this stream, I recall from when you brought in Superman and Aquaman during the Simpsons level that you ignored Superman's vehicle build, but quickly "completed" Aquaman's vehicle build. When you brought them both in again this time, you were again prompted to build Superman's vehicle, while Aquaman didn't have that happen. Next time you play Lego Dimensions, I would recommend that you just go ahead and "complete" Superman's vehicle build so you won't have to be bothered with that prompt for any later streams.

Anyway, that was a fun level. Just the classic Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade levels left to go, then it'll be on to exploring a few more hub worlds and opening the rest of the Year 1 packs. And of course, I'm looking forward to more of the Lego Ninjago Movie game (just three more areas left to go until full game completion).

Edited by Chronicler06

Between The Doctor, TARDIS, and K-9, there were definitely a lot of interesting abilities to make use of! They hinted at the other versions of The Doctor on the Level Pack packaging, so I'm definitely looking forward to going through their iterations, especially since only two ever became official minifigs.

Looking at the calendar, I definitely won't be streaming on July 27th since I'll be at BrickFair Virginia. I think I might take off August 2nd as well since I'll have just gotten back and I think I deserve a little break. :P So we'll be skipping Dimensions in August and probably won't finish up The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame until August 10th or 17th, depending on how long the last three areas take.

Despite some confusing directions, good to see you were able to complete the area and have a few minutes to spare to get some progress started on the next area. As I mentioned in the chat, there's an additional smaller area called "The Battlefield" (basically the scene of the flashback sequence from story mode). Since access to that area is practically right next to where you start in the Unclimbable Mountain area and that its collectibles (2 character packs and 7 gold bricks that include a race, a Tornado of Creation Build, and two quests) count towards the main area's totals, it would probably be best to start next week's stream going directly to the Battlefield and grabbing everything available there before returning to the Unclimbable Mountain for the remaining things. After those two areas will be the final area (where I think you already got a few things while getting that stud multiplier red scroll), so we'll see how close you'll get to full game completion at the end of next week's stream.

• Like 1

Remember a few weeks ago when you had difficulty navigating the Uncrossable Jungle area? Looks like the Unclimbable Mountain area turned out to be just as confusing. Believe me, I was struggling just as much as you to figure out where to find that final gold brick. I managed to check in during the first commercial break of Lego Masters to see where you finally found it, so at least that was eventually resolved. Only one more area left to go for 100% game completion.

So now it's two weeks off for Brickfair (coincidentally, it'll be the same two weeks the Olympics will be occurring). I checked ahead on the calendar and it looks like the Tuesday that you'll be back is August 10, which if I remember correctly, also happens to be "Bionicle Day". Does this mean you might be a little too busy to do a Twitch Tuesday stream that week as well? If not, do you think you might consider finishing what little remains of Bionicle Heroes on that day and waiting until the following week to finish the Ninjago Movie Videogame? At least, that's what I personally would like to see, but feel free to do whatever works for you.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:22 PM, Chronicler06 said:

I checked ahead on the calendar and it looks like the Tuesday that you'll be back is August 10, which if I remember correctly, also happens to be "Bionicle Day". Does this mean you might be a little too busy to do a Twitch Tuesday stream that week as well? If not, do you think you might consider finishing what little remains of Bionicle Heroes on that day and waiting until the following week to finish the Ninjago Movie Videogame?

Good point, I hadn't realized those would line up. I'll have to look at the event schedule and plan accordingly. I might move the stream up to Monday that week if the 810 stream will be going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you decided to follow my suggestion for this week's stream, so thank you. Glad that I was able to help you get that last canister, try (and fail) to help you with that Vahki bonus level, and point out how to watch the Piraka Playground cutscenes. Did you really say that this was the first time you actually saw any of those Piraka Playground cutscenes? Either way, too bad that your version of the game somehow had them not display any facial expressions like I remember from the version I played (I'm sure someone probably uploaded those cutscenes on YouTube somewhere, so it might be worth searching for).

I'm certainly looking forward to next week's stream, which will very likely be the last one for the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame before you reach 100% completion in that game. Checking the calendar, looks like that'll be followed by two weeks of the Lego Movie 2 Videogame before finally trying the next part of Lego Dimensions.

Good to see the final area was cleared without any significant problems, and with some time to spare before Lego Masters is on. And with that, the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame is now fully completed, so congrats for that accomplishment.

As for the next game to stream, since you mentioned Lego Builder's Journey as an option, I'd actually like to see that. Like I said in the chat, it took me only three hours to fully complete that game, so that might be doable for you over the next two weeks prior to the monthly swap to Lego Dimensions. I counted a total of 65 levels, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a reasonable stopping point between such short levels. I will admit there were a few moments where I was confused on what to do next and had to search for YouTube videos to help me figure out what needed to be done. Let's just hope that if you also struggle at times, it won't take too long to figure it out. Either way, I'll look forward to seeing what you think of the game as you play along.

(By the way, even though I wasn't particularly interested in watching any of the Bionicle Day streams last Tuesday, I felt like I wanted to do something significant for that particular day, so I decided to try playing Lego Builder's Journey, especially since some of the reviews I had read mentioned that it took only a few hours to fully complete. In fact, I had decided to do something that I believe would be very rare for games on Steam: I had purchased, installed, and played the game while unlocking all of the achievements, all in just a single afternoon, and I managed to accomplish that.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if Lego Builder's Journey does not turn out to be an option, I'll be okay with seeing the Lego Movie 2 Videogame, especially if you decide to play through the three DLC areas.

Edited by Chronicler06

That sure was fun to watch. Definitely a lot of unique kinds of puzzles to solve throughout the numerous levels. Not to mention, now that you've earned some achievements on a Steam game, now you know what I got to see when I had played all of these Lego games over the last few years. And of course, thanks to my recent experience playing this game, I was able to occasionally provide some helpful hints (certainly less time-consuming than when I played and had to look up YouTube videos for advice).

Unfortunately, I lost count of how many levels were completed (maybe later, I'll rewatch the recording and edit this post to specify which level you left off at), so all I know for sure is that there's a total of 65 levels (based on simply counting the level select options I had checked after completing the game). Hopefully, you'll just barely manage to finish the game next week (if not, then definitely the week after the next Lego Dimensions stream).

It was definitely a lot of fun! I think the last time we played a new game was September to November last year when we played LEGO Rock Band, which of course I had already played before. So it's been over a year since I checked out an entirely new game. It looks like I got 7 of 13 achievements, so by that metric I'm about halfway there. Of course achievements usually start fast and slow down, but hopefully I can finish next week!

Glad to see you complete Lego Builder's Journey this week, just in time for next week's return to Lego Dimensions, followed by moving on to Lego Movie 2 Videogame the following week. In other words, I'm just glad progress on such a short game like Lego Builder's Journey won't be seemingly interrupted by the monthly Lego Dimensions stream (and especially that my experience was able to help prevent you from getting stuck on certain levels for too long). Anyway, I hope you found the second half of the game as fun as the first, particularly with how much creative freedom there was in the levels that utilized small bricks that combined together into larger bricks, because I sure liked that aspect.

As for my vote in the poll, I'm still going by the ones with Level Packs in the order of release, and since the most recent one was Doctor Who from Wave 2, my vote this month was for the only Level Pack from Wave 3, which is Ghostbusters. I have a feeling you might enjoy that level, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing you play through that level. (To tell you the truth, I never saw Ghostbusters, so be sure to point out if anything in the level is portrayed differently than in the movie.)

23 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Anyway, I hope you found the second half of the game as fun as the first, particularly with how much creative freedom there was in the levels that utilized small bricks that combined together into larger bricks, because I sure liked that aspect.

That was definitely a really interesting mechanic, and like you said allowed for a lot of creativity and freedom. Just the rules that they must have come up with to procedurally generate the pieces was really interesting as a concept to me, and I'd love to replay one of those levels just to mess around and see how much I could build, haha.

Now that I got to rewatch the last few minutes I missed, I can say this was another good run through a level of Lego Dimensions. The use of capturing ghosts was certainly an interesting game mechanic, and will absolutely come in handy to get past such obstacles in other areas. And with that, only one more Level Pack left to go among the Year 1 content, then it'll be time to start really exploring some of the other hub worlds.

Definitely looking forward to moving on to Lego Movie 2 Videogame, next week. If I remember correctly, your progress after completing story mode was completing the story quests on all but one of the "Rexplorer System" worlds (the one exception was the Unikitty world) and you also managed to collect all the bricks to be found in the Middle Zealand world. Since you mention that you have the DLC worlds, I would recommend visiting those three worlds first, since they feature story content not seen in the movie (played out as a series of quests, like all the other worlds in this game).

Despite needing to essentially relearn how to get through various kinds of obstacles, this week's stream went pretty well. Too bad that the next stream won't be for another three weeks, but on the plus side, now that Lego Masters has finished, perhaps you might now return to the regular schedule of 7:30 to 8:30 with no hard time limit.

Anyway, in case if you were wondering about the story content that was shown in the Rexcelsior world, it's basically what Rex and his crew of raptors were up to just after he had recruited the raptors and just before Rex rescued Emmet from the asteroid field. At least, that's what I'm convinced those story quests portray, based on all of those training missions that were being asked for in those quests.

When it comes to completing Lego Movie 2 Videogame, I would advise saving the Syspocalypstar world for last, since it's the only world where you can place those large builds, and it would be better to wait until you've unlocked every possible large build from all the other worlds so that you can get through all of them in a single session (especially since building them provides all of the master bricks to be found on that world). There's also that special world that won't be unlocked until you've collected all but the last ten master bricks, which will be found on that world (not counting the DLC worlds, so you will probably unlock it before a few other worlds have been completed).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to reply here for a while, but I guess I'm technically not late since we still have a couple weeks before our next stream? Sure, I'll go with that.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

And with that, only one more Level Pack left to go among the Year 1 content, then it'll be time to start really exploring some of the other hub worlds.

There is going to be a lot of this. I feel like even if all we played was Dimensions we could stream weekly for a year and still not be done, haha.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Too bad that the next stream won't be for another three weeks, but on the plus side, now that Lego Masters has finished, perhaps you might now return to the regular schedule of 7:30 to 8:30 with no hard time limit.

I think we will bump things back to 7:30 PM, just to make sure I don't have to rush through dinner or anything.

Anyway, in case if you were wondering about the story content that was shown in the Rexcelsior world, it's basically what Rex and his crew of raptors were up to just after he had recruited the raptors and just before Rex rescued Emmet from the asteroid field.

It's certainly an interesting concept. I'm curious if TT Games made up the story or if they got input from The LEGO Group or the movie team.

When it comes to completing Lego Movie 2 Videogame, I would advise saving the Syspocalypstar world for last, since it's the only world where you can place those large builds, and it would be better to wait until you've unlocked every possible large build from all the other worlds so that you can get through all of them in a single session (especially since building them provides all of the master bricks to be found on that world).

Duly noted! I'll head back into the other DLC next week, and then start working my way back through the previous worlds to finish collecting bricks!

• 2 weeks later...

As I'm sure you might guess, the story events in the Queen's Palace DLC world is the preparations for the ceremony before General Mayhem went to Apocalypseburg to capture Batman and the others. In fact, you might remember from the song in the movie that the Queen enticed Benny, Unikitty, and MetalBeard with special worlds that she knew they would love, and this world you played in featured all three of them around the palace, so that's a nice bit of continuity.

Just one more DLC world to go, Dis-Harmony City, and I have a feeling you might find the story events of that world to be particularly interesting.

First of all, sorry for missing the first few minutes of the stream (I sort of lost track of time). Good thing I can watch the recordings on Twitch almost immediately after the stream finishes, so I made sure to watch what I had missed. Anyway, good to see you got done with the last of the DLC worlds rather quickly. Seeing as I had to remind you of the use of the scanner binoculars to complete one of the quests, I'd just like to mention that when I had played, I had used that scanner to obtain every object possible as I had progressed through each world (believe me, some objects are a little hard to find). Seeing as you have not been doing that at all, I am a little curious if scanning all of those objects really is necessary for 100% completion, so I guess you'll be helping me find out whether or not scanning everything really would be needed for game completion.

Obviously, I suggested the Unikitty world for next week's stream since that was the only one you had not yet done any of the story quests. If you manage to complete that world next week and have some time to spare, then the next worlds to consider completing would be the rest of the Rex-plorer System worlds, which would be Old West, Classic Bricksburg, and Planet Sparkles. (The last world that requires 400 bricks to unlock, that's literally every collectible brick in the base game, so the fact that you've completed all of the DLC worlds means you might unlock it before fully completing all the other worlds. Pretty much the only things to obtain in that special world are just 10 Master Pieces, so you can save that world for after every other world (including Syspocalypstar).)

Edited by Chronicler06
fixed a typo

19 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Seeing as I had to remind you of the use of the scanner binoculars to complete one of the quests, I'd just like to mention that when I had played, I had used that scanner to obtain every object possible as I had progressed through each world (believe me, some objects are a little hard to find). Seeing as you have not been doing that at all, I am a little curious if scanning all of those objects really is necessary for 100% completion, so I guess you'll be helping me find out whether or not scanning everything really would be needed for game completion.

I certainly hope I don't have to scan everything, because that sounds like it would be very time consuming and boring to stream, haha.

Alright, that's two worlds fully completed, and apparently you've also now reached the maximum amount of items that can be unlocked from relics (which means collecting those green item relics will no longer be necessary, unless if you don't mind the extra relic shards to unlock everything else more quickly). I also mentioned that multi-world chain of quests involving the party invites, for which you gave one on Planet Unikitty (and I'm assuming you also gave the one for Middle Zealand back when you fully completed that world), so that leaves the one for Classic Bricksburg, which is why I'll recommend visiting that world first on the next stream. FYI, that other world that requires 400 brick to unlock is NOT Syspocalypstar (that world is among the main story worlds, specifically the green one where you currently have collected only 4 bricks), but rather is a special-looking world where you'll find just a few more bricks to collect to help reach 100% game completion (I'll keep the exact details of that special world a surprise). Either way, I'm still insisting on waiting until after you've completed all the other worlds before going to Syspocalypstar.

For next week's Lego Dimensions stream, I gave my vote for Midway Arcade, as it is now the only level pack left to do among the Year 1 content. (Word of caution for that level: when you get around to playing the Gauntlet game, do NOT use the "Insert Coin" action, because while it'll give you unlimited health, using it even once will immediately prevent you from collecting any studs you might've earned from progressing through that game. Just warning you so you won't repeat the mistake someone else made in a playthrough video I had watched some years ago.) With the three starting characters and the six level packs, that's 9 out of 14 themes among the Year 1 content already covered, so I'll need to think about which of the remaining 5 themes to suggest next time.

Edited by Chronicler06

After how late this week's stream went, it's obvious how easy it can be to spend a vast amount of time playing through all of those classic arcade games. As for that area in the hub world with all those locked games, I'm speculating that you must first find and play those games throughout the story levels and other areas in order to obtain access to them in that one single location, where you can replay them later just for the fun of it (the fact that the games you played in the Level Pack level are the only ones you found unlocked supports my theory).

So now all of the Level Pack levels among the Year 1 content have been completed, which now leaves the question of where to go next. Well, the other packs are the single "Fun Packs" and the double "Team Packs", so I think some of the Team Packs, especially among the themes not yet explored, should be considered next. Of course, the ultimate goal is to eventually open all of the Year 1 packs, so you can then replay through all of the story levels (and Level Pack levels too) to obtain everything there is to collect in those levels.

Oh, and I just remembered that you needed 1,000,000 studs to purchase the x2 studs "Dwarf's Bounty" red brick you got from the Lord of the Rings hub world, and I think you've likely surpassed that by now, so the next time you return to Lego Dimensions, the very first thing you should do is finally purchase that red brick, which will make it easier to reach "Rule Breaker" in all of the levels.