• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Twitch Tuesday

Twitch Videogames Gaming

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 09:00 PM

I managed to tune in for the final episode! Love that ending, particularly the music. Actually, between this, the Lego Batman Movie, and the Lego Ninjago Movie, I'm starting to notice a trend of Lego media using plain English for its ominous background chanting. :P

I do kind of wish there was commenting on these streams the way there is for the live builds. That'd allow us to potentially give you tips when you get stuck, and to discuss what's happening with our fellow watchers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#202 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 03:17 PM

I do kind of wish there was commenting on these streams the way there is for the live builds. That'd allow us to potentially give you tips when you get stuck, and to discuss what's happening with our fellow watchers.

Twitch definitely has a chat feature, and people have used it before. Do you maybe have it disabled in your settings?

#203 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 03:31 PM

Twitch definitely has a chat feature, and people have used it before. Do you maybe have it disabled in your settings?

Oh dear, I seem to have never actually verified my email account. I'm hoping that'll fix it—I didn't see a specific setting to enable or disable chat.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#204 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 17-March 04
  • 334 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 02 2017 - 09:10 PM

It sure would be nice to see someone using the chat, as it's been always empty for months now. (I won't be using it as, personally, I'd rather not make a Twitch account just to use the chat for one stream.)

I was able to see the Lego Ninjago Movie yesterday, so now I'm all set to see the game. Although, now that I think about it, I am concerned about the possibility that we won't be able to get the full experience from these streams. I remember back when you streamed the Lego Movie Videogame (which was about two years ago, if I remember correctly), Twitch wouldn't even let us see the cutscenes (probably because they were taken directly from the movie), so I am legitimately worried the same might happen for this game. (Or perhaps, like the Lego Batman Movie pack for Lego Dimensions, they won't do that again and the cutscenes won't be just clips from the movie.) And of course, there's also the question of the game's music. Ninjago may be an original Lego theme, but this content could be coming from the actual movie, so I'll leave it up to you on whether or not you'll have the music on or off for this game.

(You know, I'm kind of amused by the irony that for Lego City Undercover, the one game where you actually agreed to leave the music on, you also complained about how there wasn't enough of it at parts like for long drives.)

Anyway, even though I do still intend on watching these streams for the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame, since I simply don't know for sure what parts I might end up missing out on, I will spend the afternoon ahead of tomorrow's stream by watching some other playthrough videos of the game (if I can find them on YouTube).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

#205 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 02 2017 - 10:04 PM

I have heard that this game uses clips from the movie, so you may be out of luck for that. I'll leave the music on for the first episode and we'll see what YouTube says about it.

My complaints about the lack of music while driving mainly stem from the fact that it's often a bit boring and tedious. Other LEGO games don't really have parts like that. Yeah I could go driving through stuff to get studs, but then you end up crashing and having to find a new car and it adds on a lot of time. Compared to other semi-open world LEGO games where you're on foot for those parts and it's a lot easier to find little distractions as you follow the glowing path. And also those parts are a lot shorter.

#206 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 03 2017 - 08:15 PM

So, it looks like we may have some issues with archiving these streams. The first part of this episode (before the game froze and I had to restart) was fine, but the second part got flagged because of the cutscene that comes directly from the movie, so you probably won't be able to watch it.

Still, the game is a lot of fun and I'm liking the new mechanics they're introducing.

#207 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 17-March 04
  • 334 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 04 2017 - 06:45 PM

I had a feeling it would be too good to be true when Twitch didn't automatically censor the movie clips like it did for the Lego Movie Videogame. Since watching them later may not be an option for us, I can only hope that I won't miss any of the upcoming live streams.

I have to say, based on what I've seen, the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame is in many ways unlike any other Lego game. Instead of levels, there are "chapters" for each area, which are grouped together into "locations". For collecting studs, rather than trying to get a certain amount in each particular level while there's no such reward for it in the hub regions, it's always being added up everywhere and all the time to achieve higher ranks which apparently unlock some other content as you progress. And of course, there's the combat controls with so many different ways to beat enemies, along with a system of upgrades for each type of attack. (All other Lego games, with the possible exception of Lego City Undercover, just simply have you hit one button to hit a target and nothing else.)

You mentioned how confusing it could be to remember which buttons to press for each type of attack, so the only advice I can offer would be to simply rewatch the first video to remind yourself of what was shown in the prologue level. (Also, from what I've seen in other videos, an interesting feature of combat in this game is that if you use the same type of attack too often, enemies will be able to block it and prevent you from hurting them, so a constant variety of attacks will be necessary.)

Based on what I've seen in other videos (as well as read in the guide that was added to that list I had linked at the start of this topic), there will be a total of 8 locations followed by a bonus level, so if you're able to keep up a rate of one location each week, it probably won't take long to complete story mode on this game.

#208 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 05 2017 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, I may have to write a cheat sheet for myself for the different combat moves.

TT definitely did some interesting things here, and I like the idea of building up your characters as you go through the story. I'm curious to see if any of this makes it into the new Marvel game coming out later this year.

#209 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 10 2017 - 09:33 PM

Good news! So I was able to edit out the scenes from the movie pretty easily once I got the hang of YouTube's editing features. So that means all of Episode 1 is now available and once Episode 2 is done processing it will be up as well!

#210 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 17-March 04
  • 334 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2017 - 09:30 PM

More than once, there were times where I was concerned that I might have to explain some things that you seemed to struggle with, but thankfully you managed to figure them out (getting out of that water by reaching that nearby ladder, red scrolls can be activated from the character selection wheel, and checkpoints mark places where you can resume playing next time). The only thing left to really work on is, like you said, memorizing the controls for each of the different types of attacks.

Good to hear that only the movie clips have to be cut out from these videos. At least we can still keep the music.

Getting close to the end of the third area already, and since that's out of a total of eight, this could possibly end up being one of the quickest games to ever be completed on Twitch Tuesdays.

#211 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,219 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 12 2017 - 08:56 AM

Getting close to the end of the third area already, and since that's out of a total of eight, this could possibly end up being one of the quickest games to ever be completed on Twitch Tuesdays.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I would have hoped for a little more gameplay I think, especially compared to some of the longer titles like Jurassic World and City Undercover.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users