• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Twitch Tuesday

Twitch Videogames Gaming

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,283 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 15 2018 - 08:11 PM

By the way, even though you left the music on, is the video staying up just fine? If not, is there any particular part that needs to be cut without having to mute the entire video? Personally, I'd like to keep to music on as I find it makes these games more lively, but it's still up to you since you're the one who's playing it.

Yes, it just means we can't monetize the video. But since YouTube recently increased the requirements for channels to be able to do that, it's not a problem for us anymore.

#242 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2018 - 06:15 PM

That's great to hear that you can now leave the game music on without having to worry about YouTube taking it down. Too bad we still missed out on it for some of the earlier games played here, but I'm sure I'll get around to playing them myself soon enough so that at least I can eventually get the full experience on those games.

For this week's stream, with six levels for each branch, it looks like you are now halfway done with the one for General Grievous (three completed, three left to go). Definitely interesting to see how the vehicle levels in this game are different from what we saw in Star Wars Complete Saga. (And if my assumption is correct, it looks like this may have been the last Lego game to have dedicated vehicle levels.) Also, based on what I had skimmed through on the guide for this game, it looks like there could be quite an extensive hub area to explore, with certain areas that require a certain amount of gold bricks to access.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

#243 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2018 - 06:20 PM

If the arrangement of the character icons as they're unlocked are anything to go by, then it seems to me that the first branch you've been doing (four out of six levels now done) was meant to be the third in the story, and the one you just started (only one level out of six, so far) was meant to be the second in the story, leaving the one you have not yet started as what was meant to be first in the story. Just my speculation, so don't let that tell you how to play this game.

Interestingly, the two Lego games I've completed so far (Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter Years 1-4) came out immediately around the time of this game (first one after and first one before, respectively), and I've begun to notice some similarities among these games. (From Harry Potter, there's the mechanic of levitating parts around until they literally click into place on those purple connection surfaces, including building stairways out of blocks of various shapes. From Pirates of the Caribbean, all the characters available to purchase can be found walking around the hub area, and you'll have to walk up to them to be able to purchase them, in some cases needing to look around to find any particular character you want.)

#244 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,283 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 28 2018 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, you can definitely see how the games have evolved over the years, that's for sure!

#245 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,283 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 03 2018 - 09:18 PM

Sorry about the technical issues tonight, not sure what happened there...

#246 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2018 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, that technical issue was quite unexpected. I'm just glad you were able to resolve it somewhat quickly so we didn't miss out on much.

So it looks like completing all six levels of a branch leads to the game credits, much like how other Lego games at the time would do that at the end of each "movie" of a series, such as Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean. (And apparently just like those games, this one shows some artwork related to the game as the credits roll.) And since you already completed one level of another branch, that means 8 out of the total of 20 levels are now complete.

That last level sure seemed quite difficult to figure out at times. Believe me, both times when you got really confused, the suggestions I would've made also turned out to be wrong, once I actually bothered to check the guide. I suppose it might be a good idea to have the guide on some quick access, if only so we don't have to watch you wandering around aimlessly for more than ten minutes.

Edited by Chronicler06, Apr 04 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#247 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2018 - 05:45 PM

Well that sure turned out to be needlessly complicated at the end of the first level of this week's stream. While you were busy trying to force-shove that battle droid across the canyon into that hole, I checked the guide and it turns out you only had to do so for the ones that appeared right in front of that hole. The ones in the middle, you were supposed to crush them by blowing up the silver rocks above with that rocket launcher (which is why you saw something glowing up there), and that last one on the left, you were supposed to simply destroy it the standard way (and I believe it takes a double-jump attack with a lightsaber to take out the shield). Still impressive that you were persistent enough to eventually shove them all into that hole to the right, but unfortunately it turns out it didn't have to be that difficult.

Anyway, with levels 2 and 3 of that second branch done, the whole story mode of that game is now halfway complete. As always, I'll look forward to seeing where we go next.

#248 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,283 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 11 2018 - 08:11 PM

There was definitely no killing that one normally. There was another one with blue shields that went down with normal attacks, so maybe that's what the guide was referring to. Oh well, at least I got it done...

#249 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2018 - 06:30 PM

Looks like things went a bit smoother this week. I find it interesting that, unlike in Star Wars Complete Saga, the vehicle levels in this game are done by not just riding around in those vehicles, but also some landing and walking around at certain parts too.

If I've been keeping track correctly, there's only one level left to go on that second branch, then it's the six levels of that final branch, followed by the epilogue level. At the current rate, this game could be done in four weeks, so I still believe that the next game to play after this one should be the Marvel Avengers due to that new movie coming out soon.

Edited by Chronicler06, Apr 18 2018 - 06:30 PM.

#250 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,283 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 18 2018 - 09:11 PM

If I've been keeping track correctly, there's only one level left to go on that second branch, then it's the six levels of that final branch, followed by the epilogue level. At the current rate, this game could be done in four weeks, so I still believe that the next game to play after this one should be the Marvel Avengers due to that new movie coming out soon.

Apparently there's some DLC coming out for LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 to tie in with Infinity War, so if it's a full level and not just characters I'm thinking we might hop back into that to check it out.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users