• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Twitch Tuesday

Twitch Videogames Gaming

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,338 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 16 2018 - 10:12 PM

So apparently despite my tests to make sure everything worked, it seems that only Ben's audio came through tonight? I'm open to feedback on if you'd rather me replay through the levels solo or just pick up from where we left off. I do still plan to go back and finish The Incredibles first regardless.

#282 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2018 - 06:32 PM

I wasn't expecting you guys to start nearly an hour early, so I missed the first few minutes (thanks goodness you provide YouTube videos of each stream), and I was quite surprised you were willing to go for almost three hours (possibly the longest Twitch Tuesday stream ever) and managed to complete four levels (not sure how much progress that actually is, as this is after all a game that literally just came out). Aside from the technical issue you already mentioned, things seemed to go just fine. I have to say, it was a very nice surprise to see you and another BZPower member playing one of these Lego games in two-player mode, but due to how confused I seemed to get at times, perhaps it's for the best that this is done only occasionally.

As for the game itself, the concepts sure look very interesting. I wasn't sure how requiring a customized character at the very start would play out for the rest of the game, but I must say I find it quite interesting. It seems that no matter what character you decide to create, there will always be two aspects that will remain consistent; the character is included in the story mode (including being seen in the cutscenes) as someone who never speaks (kind of like in the older Lego games), and the character has the ability to absorb new powers which allows you to unlock new abilities as you progress through the story. Although I've never had any interest in creating custom characters, I would be interested in eventually playing this game myself at some point (I've even already got some ideas on what kind of custom character I would prefer to create).

Anyways, yes, my preference for next week is to finish that last level of Incredibles. After that, my vote for the next game will be for DC Super Villains, but I honestly don't mind whether you start from the beginning or continue solo from where you left off, I'll leave that entirely up to you. (By the way, was it you or Ben who created the custom character we saw? I'm not sure if you would rather start from the beginning just so you could make a different custom character.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

#283 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,338 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 23 2018 - 09:17 PM

The Incredibles is done! The poll has been reset! Make of this as you will, but the addition of DC Super Villains means the poll is at the maximum number of choices. So either I'll have to start removing or condensing options soon or go back and just start finishing games so they can be removed from the list.

I wonder which title is the easiest to finish...

#284 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 24 2018 - 06:22 PM

It was interesting to see how the final level of Incredibles differed from the movie (particularly funny was how Syndrome got messed up by Jack Jack). Anyway, like I said previously, my vote for the next game to play is DC Super Villains (and I'll leave it entirely up to you on whether to resume the previous game on your own or start a new one).

I'm honestly a little surprised that these polls actually have a maximum number of choices. Well, if you want to go for 100% completion on some of them, I can offer a few suggestions. First of all, do you still have those guides I PMed you a while ago about how to complete the Lego Movie Videogame? If you do, then that's one game you could complete somewhat easily. Another of the Lego games I've played so far that I found relatively quick and easy to complete is Pirates of the Caribbean, but unfortunately that's among the few remaining games you haven't even started yet. My final suggestion would be the first Lego Batman game, which although I have not yet completed (though I will in fact start playing it tomorrow), I've noticed on the guide that literally the only freeplay content is just from going through all thirty levels again, with almost nothing to obtain in the hub areas, so that could also be relatively quick and easy to finish.

#285 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2018 - 06:45 PM

After five levels of DC Super Villains, the story that's playing out is looking very interesting. With the heroes replaced by counterparts from an alternate dimension who are secretly up to no good, it's now up to the villains to stop them (if only so they can have the chance to take over the world instead of the fake heroes). I'm definitely looking forward to see how this story progresses.

Anyway, if you want to try changing the first custom character you created at the start of the game, you'll find him at the very beginning of the character selection screen on the top left corner. I guess he's not down at the bottom with the other custom characters because he's the one who appears in the cutscenes and has the power to gain new abilities throughout the story.

By the way, a little follow-up to my previous comment regarding the poll being maxed out. If you have to simply eliminate some options (at least until after some other games have been completed) even though they're not yet complete, perhaps you could consider removing some of the games that you're unlikely to ever complete at all. I personally think that Star Wars Complete Saga would easily be one such game, because in addition to freeplay in all 36 levels, all those levels also have a third mode called challenge (where you need to find and collect ten blue canisters in under 20 minutes), then there's also the bonus levels that require collecting a million studs in under five minutes (I recall you made one attempt and failed), but arguably the worst part is the "super story" mode, where for each of the six movies, you must complete all six story levels in under an hour while also collecting over 100,000 studs (this last one in particular I found so ridiculously challenging I had to follow a YouTube video minute by minute and still completed them with only a small margin). If I found all of this hard to complete, I can only imagine how someone like you would probably not even bother, so if you ever need to purge some titles from this poll, I think Star Wars Complete Saga should be one of the first ones to go.

#286 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 08 2018 - 08:45 PM

While it's true that you can switch to any unlocked character while in the hub areas, I would strongly advise against it while you're between story levels, because with such a huge number of characters to choose from, it can be quite difficult to remember exactly which characters you need to actually advance to the next level, rather than just end up being distracted by some freeplay content nearby.

One more level done, so that's six so far in story mode. I recently took a quick look at the (currently still incomplete) guide and it looks like there will be a total of twenty levels, though the way things have been organized there makes me think that the last five would probably be bonus levels, so my assumption is that there will be 15 levels to complete for story mode to be finished for this game.

#287 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,338 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 13 2018 - 03:12 PM

While it's true that you can switch to any unlocked character while in the hub areas, I would strongly advise against it while you're between story levels, because with such a huge number of characters to choose from, it can be quite difficult to remember exactly which characters you need to actually advance to the next level, rather than just end up being distracted by some freeplay content nearby.

I'm pretty sure that regardless of who I pick in the hub area, it resets who shows up in the campaign, at least for the first playthrough. Free-Play mode is another story, but I'm not there yet.

#288 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2018 - 07:45 PM

Yes, once you start a level in story mode, you can only use the characters automatically provided. But when you're in the hub area on your way to the next level, you might not know which obstacles could be in the way, so that's why I advised not swapping out characters until after story mode is completed.

Well, certain moments aside, good progress this week with two more levels done (and probably just passed the halfway point of the story mode).

By the way, I've recently noticed that some of the villains shown in this game had previously appeared way back in the first Lego Batman game (which I've been playing recently). Since that game was one of the old ones with no dialogue, DC Super Villains is actually the first time we get to hear them speak. (The ones I can immediately think of are Clayface, Poison Ivy, and the Penguin. (I don't count Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, or Harley Quinn because their most recent appearance was in Lego Dimensions.))

#289 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2018 - 07:26 PM

The story portrayed in this game sure just took an interesting twist, with Lex Luthor attempting to betray practically everyone in an effort to have Earth all to himself. Just five (I think) levels left to go, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what will happen next.

#290 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2018 - 07:45 PM

Just so you're aware, that whole bell-ringing area didn't just give you a bunch of studs, but also unlocked a red brick ability, and I guess you were too busy listing voice actors to even notice what ability it was you had unlocked for purchase when it was noted at the end of the level. Believe me, it's quite rare in any Lego game to be able to unlock a red brick ability in a level in story mode, so I feel that was a huge missed opportunity for you to say anything about it.

Anyway, this story just keeps getting even more interesting. The heroes are back, and just like in Lego Batman 3, the heroes and villains have to work together to stop an even greater threat, only this time they apparently have to do it under the perception of being villains. The next few levels should be very interesting (and if I've counted everything right, there should now be only three levels left to go before the story is completed).

Edited by Chronicler06, Nov 28 2018 - 07:46 PM.

#291 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,338 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 01 2018 - 10:32 PM

Oh man, thanks for pointing that out! I'll try to remember to show that off next Tuesday. :)

#292 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-March 04
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2018 - 06:40 PM

It's amazing how much the custom character is involved in the story of this game. Looks like I may have been right that the main story consists of 15 levels (which means there's now only one left to go), with five bonus levels. For next week, it's possible you'll have enough time after completing the final level to try either one of the bonus levels or that DLC level you mentioned. (As for that red brick ability you unlocked... perhaps it's best to leave it off, as I found it to be significantly louder than everything else, which made it get somewhat annoying after a while.)

I don't know if you intend to try the bonus levels or just move on to a different game after completing the story, but just in case, I'd like to mention that the next game I would like to see on Twitch Tuesday is Pirates of the Caribbean, not just because it's among my favorites, but also because I'm convinced that it's relatively one of the easiest Lego games to reach 100% completion, so might as well at least complete the story mode so that, if you get to a point where you've played every game on the list, you'll be coming back to it rather than just sticking with it for the entire duration of it.

(By the way, I've been playing Lego Batman 2 recently, and I actually really like it so far. If you ever get a chance, I would highly recommend that you try getting that game.)

#293 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,338 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 05 2018 - 10:55 PM

(By the way, I've been playing Lego Batman 2 recently, and I actually really like it so far. If you ever get a chance, I would highly recommend that you try getting that game.)

The reason LEGO Batman 2 is not on the list is because it was released for the Xbox 360 and never made backwards compatible with the Xbox One. Because I stream through the One, I have no way of playing it for everyone. That is something I would like to fix at some point, to be sure.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users