LEGO Ideas Fossil Museum Digs Up 10,000 Votes

Another dinosaur-themed set proposal has hit the 10,000 supporters mark on LEGO Ideas: the Fossil Museum by LEGO Ideas member whatpumpkin. Just barely missing the third 2015 qualifying review period, the LEGO museum display will have to await judgement from the 2016 review board. Featuring six sculptures of dinosaur skeletons, the set will inspire future archaeologists and builders alike with its brick-built details. Best of luck to this proposal.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Y'know, call me crazy, but I'm roughly 90% sure Jess designed this with paleontology in mind more than archaeology...

Still, congrats Jess!

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Y'know, call me crazy, but I'm roughly 90% sure Jess designed this with paleontology in mind more than archaeology...

Thank you for making sure I'm not the only one who looks like a pedantic crank for pointing this out.

I'm so happy that a project I made will actually be considered to be a LEGO set! I mean, if I had designed it today, chances are it would look rather different, but I still hope there's enough there that they give it its due consideration.

• Upvote 8

Congratulations, Jess! :D This model is great and I'm hoping it can pass review. If it does, it'd be amazing if Niels Milan Pedersen gets to design it—he seems to mostly work on designing new molds these days, rather than new sets, but he's also an expert paleontologist and creates model dinosaur fossils in his spare time, so I can't think of a better Lego designer to tackle the task of making this model production-ready than him.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That is a really cool set to make to the review stage. I've had an interest in fossils of the dinosaurs of long ago, so I think this would make for a great set if it passed the review stage.

Congrats on getting 10,000 votes on this, Dina! B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png