Change in 2015 Packaging?

I went to pick up the remaining 2015 sets I needed today at Toys R Us and I noticed that the packaging for most of the sets now have a giant warning label stamped on the front and back, which wasn't there on the 2015 sets last year. I've seen these before on the international packaging, but those are slightly different themselves, lacking the piece count and other info on the front of the box.

Did someone like eat a piece and die and they needed to improve the warnings? What do your boxes look like?

Here's some comparisons of sets I bought last year and today.

3LXoWRh.jpg?1

pF5XwGj.jpg?1

You saw it on most of them? Hm. I thought it was some weird deal that varied from set to set. I have it on my PoF, Gali, Pohatu and Lewa, but I got all of them a while ago. Within the first three months of 2015. None of my others have it that I can tell.

AXKP5KC.png

Since the warning is "Toy contains small parts and a small ball", I believe it is included on all sets that use the single ball piece.  You can see the difference on the package images between the five individual creatures.  Those that include the ball piece have the warning, those that don't don't.

The Protector of Fire uses the piece to connect his shoulder blaster, while the Protector of Water doesn't use the piece.  So different warnings on different sets.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Actually, I noticed this over the summer.

When the skull villains came out, I got my first 2 sets at home, with no warning label.But I went to the lego store in the Mall of America and all of the sets had a warning label.

I noticed this on the Skull Warrior set I got there, while the ones in town have no label. So I'm thinking it's a location-based thing. Maybe the two sets you go were designed for a different location and somehow wound up in the same place.

When the skull villains came out, I got my first 2 sets at home, with no warning label.But I went to the lego store in the Mall of America and all of the sets had a warning label.

I noticed this on the Skull Warrior set I got there, while the ones in town have no label. So I'm thinking it's a location-based thing. Maybe the two sets you go were designed for a different location and somehow wound up in the same place.

Were any of the first two skull sets that you got Skull Scorpio, Skull Basher, or MMvSG?

Skull Scorpio and Skull Basher don't include the ball piece, while MMvSG is a larger set and it seems that larger sets don't have the warning, or at least don't have it on the front of the package.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I have that label on all three of the smaller sets from the masters wave, but I didn't notice it until I read this thread. And if it isn't on all small sets, the label must have something to do with the actual build of the sets and not just the size.

Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Were any of the first two skull sets that you got Skull Scorpio, Skull Basher, or MMvSG?

Skull Scorpio and Skull Basher don't include the ball piece, while MMvSG is a larger set and it seems that larger sets don't have the warning, or at least don't have it on the front of the package.

It was Skull Slicer and MMvSG. 

I should also note that since Skull Warrior (gotten from Minneapolis) had that weird warning label, I started looking at the sets around town. The Skull Warriors at home didn't have the same warning as the one I got in Minneapolis. 

At the same time, however, I could also be wrong as human memory can be tricky. So don't take my testimony too much into consideration if it's the only one that doesn't agree.  :D

Actually, my brother might still have his Protector of Fire box from last January since he doesn't throw that kind of stuff away normally. (All of my boxes got thrown when I moved.) So I can go see if his has the label or not. 

Update: I just checked and the big warning label is on the Protector of Fire's box. This would be first print since we got them last January. 

Edited by Kid Icarus